TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    Hey @TeresaW1020 -- Hang in there. Be kind to yourself and take good care of yourself.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Friday Check in
    Calories are under
    Water is over
    Exercise was 40 minutes on the treadmill

I had an awful couple of days with my eating. It was like I was completely out of control, which is a feeling I hate. Today, my daughter would have been 27 years old. She has been gone now for 11 months and I'm dwelling on the life she should have had and I let my emotions get the better of me. I know she wouldn't want me to undo the hard work I'm doing with my weight loss and overcoming my own addictions. So, I'm back in control and pray I stay there. :/

Dealing with our emotions while on this journey really is a balancing act at times - hating the feeling of overeating yet sometimes needing something that “used to” comfort us. And I say used to because I think we are all starting to realize that food doesn’t help us as much anymore. But @TeresaW1020 you are dealing with a significant loss that is still relatively recent so you like @AustinRuadhain said take care and don’t be too hard on yourself. Hugs!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: dee_toronto
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 172?
    Todays Weight: 175?

My scale is definitely wonky, I got a different number between 174 and 177 every time I weighed myself. Unfortunately that means my giant weight loss last week was probably not accurate 😭. But I'm not sure since I ate pretty badly yesterday and like @Kres567 mentioned, I also had a cardio day yesterday and have noticed that I often weigh more after that. I'm going to read that article that @sunshineplace mentioned and try doing strength training before my next weigh in to see if that helps.

Do you think it needs new batteries? Sometimes my scale seems so wacky too even after I got new batteries.

The article is a really good read.
  • Kres567
    Options
    DaveJ_43 wrote: »
    Username: DaveJ_43
    Weigh in Week: 3
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Current Weight: 206.4

Struggling a bit to survive the government shutdown - praying it doesn't last much longer.

Hope you guys are killing it!

So, are you really not getting paid at all??? But you still have to work?
  • Kres567
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Thursday day check in

Calories-on track
    Water-on track
    Exercise-45 power class

Went to physical therapist for my foot. Good news, it is not PF, just strained muscle due to tight hip flexors, tight calves and hamstrings. She massaged and taped the area. I go back next week, but I am released to run this weekend

How did your therapist diagnose it? My foot was feeling good and as soon as I got on my treadmill last night to do a walk/run workout it started to hurt again. My pain is along the outside of my foot, not really my heel.

Just by having me move in different t ways and then massages my muscles and told me it was from tight muscles and not PF

Hmmmm...I might have to check that out as well. I’ll talk to my chiropractor on Tuesday.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE'S WEEK 4 TEAM GROUP CHALLENGE has been posted. Please join us starting tomorrow for the challenge. Let's get active!!! Just click on the link below and then star it as a favorite. Come on it will be fun!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10720903/team-weight-no-mores-week-4-team-group-challenge#latest
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Buckyz22 wrote: »
    Username: Buckyz22
    Weigh In Week: 3
    Weigh In Day: Sat
    Previous Weight: 242.8
    Current Weight: 239.2

great week
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Friday Checkin, Plans for Today

Calories: under
    Water: under
    Exercise: 1 hour step aerobics
    Goals for today: food on plan, gym in afternoon, focus on more water (doing okay so far!), walk after dinner if social thing does not run too late, do the Yoga-Pose-a-Day Challenge

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Buckyz22 wrote: »
    Username: Buckyz22
    Weigh In Week: 3
    Weigh In Day: Sat
    Previous Weight: 242.8
    Current Weight: 239.2

Wow! What a great weigh-in! Congratulations!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories - so far so good, but.....
    Water - ok
    Exercise - 8mile run

Getting ready for the snow and ice to hit, and hoping we don't lose power.
  • Kres567
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Saturday check in
    Water - ok
    Exercise - 8mile run

Where do you live @ka97?
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I’m not doing great at the check in’s. I am sorry not to have been participating. Honestly I’ve been more off track than on and that’s not much fun to report. Anyway today’s check in isn’t awful

Cals : just under
    Water : ehhhh, I’m great at tracking food but liquids I keep forgetting. I’ll hazard a guess at around 2 litres and that’s mostly black unsweetened tea
    Exercise : 2 walks, 13,600 steps

I’m most definitely looking at a gain this week, and there’s no mystery I’ll have earned it. A lot of the time the last few weeks I really don’t want it that much (“it” being weight loss)
    I hope to get energised again to lose rather than stay in this weight bracket
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories are under
    Water is over
    Exercise was 50 minutes on the treadmill doing an interval program

I have done much better today, both emotionally and with my eating. I'm really hoping to keep on plan and see a loss this week. :)
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I was away from the evening I've come back to 44 posts!!!!!!
    Fantastic news on the losses
    @pjmfitforme so glad you haven't got PF :)
  • tess5036
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Does anyone experience a weight gain or maintenance after a great day that includes a cardio workout? Every time I work out the next day I have a gain. It’s kind of frustrating and makes me not want to work out (even though I will continue).

it is quite normal when you have worked your muscles hard they need to repair, and part of the repair process requires retention of water, so after any hard work out you will usually put on a bit of water weight. My weight can fluctuate wildly especially after her two sessions, after a marathon it goes up by between 7 and 10 lbs the next day! , But it does come back off 👍
  • tess5036
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 60 mins spin, 60 mins BodyCombat, some weights and several stretching sessions
    Tomorrow; lighter day, and stay low on carbs
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Saturday check in
    Water - ok
    Exercise - 8mile run

Where do you live @ka97?

Massachusetts
    Go Pats!😁
This discussion has been closed.