TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Daily Post: February 24th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 62 minutes exercise bike (14.3 miles)

I've really struggled with staying motivated lately. Through this struggle I have been able to able to stay under my calorie goal almost every day. I'm not quite as dedicated with my exercising, but I'm hanging in there. I don't ever want to get back to 273 lbs again ......that keeps me from getting totally out of control. I'm thankful for this group and the daily posting ....it helps me stay connected with my goals.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily post, sunday, 24.02

Track: no
    Calories: more or less
    Exercise: no

Tonight I had my very first NSV o:) We had party at fancy restaurant. Without any hope I tried on one dress, which was too small and waited for me on closet for 1.5 years and it was fine and nice :) Then I got bold and tried fancy ring, which I couldn't wear over the same period as fingers were too fat, and it suited also perfectly B) I received lots of compliments and had nice evening feeling proud about myself :)

Great NSV. Doing great!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Daily check in
    Tracked no
    Calories probably over
    Exercise no
    Company went home today. Sad to see them go. Tomorrow will be back to my diet!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Daily Post: February 24th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 62 minutes exercise bike (14.3 miles)

I've really struggled with staying motivated lately. Through this struggle I have been able to able to stay under my calorie goal almost every day. I'm not quite as dedicated with my exercising, but I'm hanging in there. I don't ever want to get back to 273 lbs again ......that keeps me from getting totally out of control. I'm thankful for this group and the daily posting ....it helps me stay connected with my goals.

You can achieve what you want! You have done such an incredible job! I am glad we all have each other to support one another!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Daily Post Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 15minutes Low impact HIIT workout
    Water 189oz
    Goals/comments
    I stayed on track today so proud of me and tried a new snack called HIPPEAS BOHEMIAN BBQ which is an alternative to cheese puffs but made from chickpeas so low carb and high protein and very tasty.

I also tried the chickpea pasta for dinner and it was delish just had to add a little more seasoning but otherwise it taste like regular pasta. I'm working it out.

Good night TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    CindyJNC1963

Week #4

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 223
    CW: 221.8
  • gjaholy33
    CindyJNC1963

Week #4

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 223
    CW: 221.8

Woo hoo keep it girl👍🏾👍🏾💃🏾💃🏾🎉🎉
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Username : jaydoh120

Week : February Week 4
    PW: 216.5
    CW: 215.4

Not too bad! I went over my kilojoule goal every day so I was expecting a gain. It's very hot and humid so it might just be that I lost a lot of sweat but I'll take it and try harder next week 😁
  • gjaholy33
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Username : jaydoh120

Week : February Week 4
    PW: 216.5
    CW: 215.4

Not too bad! I went over my kilojoule goal every day so I was expecting a gain. It's very hot and humid so it might just be that I lost a lot of sweat but I'll take it and try harder next week 😁

I hear that. . .LOL! Every little bit incentive helps but anyway good job.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Daily Post

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 15
    Water 185oz
    Goals/comments
    I almost made it through the day but indulge in my cravings to with pizza since my calorie intake is so low throughout the day I still did not go over my xalories but I still cheated , if that make since. HAVE A BLESSED EVENING! TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY!

@gjaholy33 I like pizza a lot. I found a lower carb, calorie option. I eat a 1/4 of it and it satisfies my need for pizza. It’s still not the healthiest option but I eat it without guilt because I know it’s a better option than what I could choose.

Yes I got to do better especially since I'm allergic I am usually sick the next day

Oh no! I didn’t know that. They make so many dietary alternatives now a days! I hope you can find a pizza that won’t make you sick!! If it’s the crust, as I see you got a flour pasta replacement, maybe you can find a chickpea crust pizza! 😊
  • gjaholy33
    HAPPY MONDAY TEAM SLIMSONS😁

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP: YOUR HEART

As we are ending our last week of this challenge, some of us will be continuing on to the March, which is now open to post your introductions: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729129/team-the-slimsons-march#latest

While others will not, so I would like to leave this important encouragement for all your hard work. All that you have endured this month for every little bit of ounce and inch you lost is not only helping you shrink into that old outfit that's been in your closet but it is easying the pressure off your heart.

k0x880pwnvfs.jpg

Continue to be motivated and let's end this month strong! 💪🏽💪🏽

Have a blessed and prosperous day! 👍🏾👍🏾💃🏾💃🏾
    Regards,
    Glorious Gloria 😁

• gjaholy33
    Daily Post

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 15
    Water 185oz
    Goals/comments
    I almost made it through the day but indulge in my cravings to with pizza since my calorie intake is so low throughout the day I still did not go over my xalories but I still cheated , if that make since. HAVE A BLESSED EVENING! TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY!

@gjaholy33 I like pizza a lot. I found a lower carb, calorie option. I eat a 1/4 of it and it satisfies my need for pizza. It’s still not the healthiest option but I eat it without guilt because I know it’s a better option than what I could choose.

Yes I got to do better especially since I'm allergic I am usually sick the next day

Oh no! I didn’t know that. They make so many dietary alternatives now a days! I hope you can find a pizza that won’t make you sick!! If it’s the crust, as I see you got a flour pasta replacement, maybe you can find a chickpea crust pizza! 😊

Well it's kinda both actually I have a gluten sensitivity and lactose intolerance but I love to punish myself
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited February 2019
    Message to all Team Members:

@AB0215.
    @gjaholy33.
    @beckymomof3girls.
    @papenny1.
    @breanarenae.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @goaldigger11.
    @jaydoh120.
    @moosemoose123.
    @NuggetBrain.
    @tdrjustus3.
    @Fitness327wk.
    @losing_it_2013.
    @FaithfuleeFit.
    @kazunomiya.
    @tinak33.
    @anneboleynsrevenge.
    @Batgirl140.
    @CleoHedlund.
    @CourtneyLomonaco.
    @kerdil08.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @ssssanaaaa.
    @Ver9nika.
    @Wildmage69.
    @Bm00re2u.
    @Digger61.
    @gemwolf110.
    @Ianmoone30.
    @mg07030.
    @mlhopp93.
    @vicky2767.
    @walk4today.

This is the last week of the February Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the March Challenge.

The March challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Slimsons (March) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729129/team-the-slimsons-march#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Start: 155
    Week 1 weigh-in on 2/4: 155
    Week 2 weigh-in on 2/11: 154.4
    Week 3 weigh-in on 2/18: 158
    Week 4 weigh-I on 2/25: 154.6

Sorry to vanish. Was really horrified by my gain--a mix of TOM and binge eating. Joined Noom for additional support and am feeling back on track again. I guess my Feb goal will become my March goal--to get into the 140s.
  • gjaholy33
    Start: 155
    Week 1 weigh-in on 2/4: 155
    Week 2 weigh-in on 2/11: 154.4
    Week 3 weigh-in on 2/18: 158
    Week 4 weigh-I on 2/25: 154.6

Sorry to vanish. Was really horrified by my gain--a mix of TOM and binge eating. Joined Noom for additional support and am feeling back on track again. I guess my Feb goal will become my March goal--to get into the 140s.

I was just about to send you a message. We all have ups and down. I know I've had more downs myself than ups but that's wjat thos group is here for to support and keep you motivated. EXCELLENT RESULTS SO FAR👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👌🏾👌🏾 Let me know how your experience with Noom goes. LOOKS LIKE IT'S WORKING OUT
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Thank you, @gjaholy33! Excited for March and am hoping to hit my first goal by the end of it. Got some vacations coming up and want to have a better healthier pattern set up before then.
  • AB0215

As we are ending our last week of this challenge, some of us will be continuing on to the March, which is now open to post your introductions: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729129/team-the-slimsons-march#latest

While others will not, so I would like to leave this important encouragement for all your hard work. All that you have endured this month for every little bit of ounce and inch you lost is not only helping you shrink into that old outfit that's been in your closet but it is easying the pressure off your heart.
    k0x880pwnvfs.jpg

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria 😁

@gjaholy33 Unfortunately, the salt and fat recommendations made my the American Heart Association were in error as they were using a study that was done with misleading information so they put out that information when it wasn't true.
    Salt is a mineral needed by the body (if you are deficient you will have some pretty serious negative effects) and fat is a necessary part of a diet because it helps you to repair cells, as does protein. I'm really hoping that the guidelines are soon updated to reflect the new information out there. While you don't necessarily need high fat, you do need some fat and you will need possibly more salt than the 2300 mg recommended, depending on your body. And I encourage everyone to experiment based on how you're feeling or test your levels with your doctor if you feel that you may be deficient.
  • gjaholy33
    AB0215 wrote: »

k0x880pwnvfs.jpg

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria 😁

@gjaholy33 Unfortunately, the salt and fat recommendations made my the American Heart Association were in error as they were using a study that was done with misleading information so they put out that information when it wasn't true.
    Salt is a mineral needed by the body (if you are deficient you will have some pretty serious negative effects) and fat is a necessary part of a diet because it helps you to repair cells, as does protein. I'm really hoping that the guidelines are soon updated to reflect the new information out there. While you don't necessarily need high fat, you do need some fat and you will need possibly more salt than the 2300 mg recommended, depending on your body. And I encourage everyone to experiment based on how you're feeling or test your levels with your doctor if you feel that you may be deficient.

Wow seems like even the experts get it wrong thanks for the correction. I hate for anyone to have the wrong information. Sorry guys
  • AB0215
    edited February 2019
    AB0215 wrote: »

k0x880pwnvfs.jpg

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria 😁

Wow seems like even the experts get it wrong thanks for the correction. I hate for anyone to have the wrong information. Sorry guys

Well, science is ever changing, so it's hard to know sometimes. I just spend a lot of time reading new studies so I actually just learned that recently anyway.

Also, I'm sure it has to be hard really to put out those recommendations. The agencies use studies and rely on scientists to study humans in effort to make them and frankly, everyone is different, and then there's the human error part too, so all in all, it's has to be hard.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Sunday check in:
    Cals : ok
    Water : ok
    Exercise none day off
This discussion has been closed.