Options

Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: February 26th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 7000 steps walking + 46 minutes exercise bike (10.8 miles)

After feeling out of sorts for the last 2 - 3 weeks I'm doing a lot better now. I have been teaching myself to cook. A friend told me about Morton Nature's seasoning...it's really good on steak and fish. The new Instant Pot is awesome.

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Today was my first day back at school, srarting my Doctoral Degree in Psychology Health and Wellness. I was excited and nervous even though it is online it is tougher than Bachelors and Master's.

Congrats on starting your PhD program. I have a MS in Psych and worked as a counselor for about 15 years. I ended up going back to school in to get an IT degree. The MS was tough enough …..I failed my oral comps the first time. I can't even imagine how tough a doctoral program would be. Good luck!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

i9bbe5vgcrf7.jpg
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Mon - Feb 25 (Daily Tracking Day 1 of 7)
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day. 👍
    Exercise: Barre one hour 🏋️‍♀️👍💃and Five mile burn 🔥!
    Comments: Great workout! Team: I am looking forward to March with everyone! Tmo weigh in for me.

Awesome workout
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise no

Quick question how you guys get and stay motivated.
    Early in the day I always say I’m going to go to the gym or for a long walk with the kids then the end of the day I just want to eat then sleep. Something has to change

I put an alarm on my phone like a drs appt to remind to do some kind of movement for 10-15 every 3hrs
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: NuggetBrain
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight: 262.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 264.2 lbs

Be encouraged just keep striving for greatness. It'll be better next week you'll see.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: February 25th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 7200 steps walking at work

Lots of steps!👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Daily check in: Feb 25

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Got in over 10,000 steps.

This weeks going to mostly be completely off schedule for me. I’ll be busy but not sure how that’s going to play out on weigh in day. 🤞

But you got 10,000 steps in today Wow!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Week 4
    PW: 135.2
    CW: 135

Keep it up
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    What a year. Last March I had a hip replacement, In July I found out I had liver cancer and had a liver resection in Sept which got rid of the cancer for now. Trying to get permisson to go back to work found out I had a hernia which I said to the doc 3 months ago. So off to the surgeon on Monday to see what is going to happen. On a good note my weight this week is going down

Wow you've been through it but at least you're finally on track with getting healthy and getting your weight down just continue and I will keep you in my prayers that everything goes well and you can return to work sooner rather than later.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Team!!

Up to the plate today:
    @FaithfuleeFit
    @kazunomiya

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: Fitness327wk
    Week: February Week 4
    PW = 139
    CW=137.7 👍💃🙋‍♀️

Yea!

You go girl!💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Happy Transformation Tuesday Team!!

We can achieve our goals, we just have to take the time to put them first and ourselves first in order to get there, and believe me, that's hard for me, I never really took the time to take care of myself and that's how I got to the place where I was. So please, take the time for yourself, you and your goals are important too! Let's finish Feb strong and start March strong!!
    qyhys5xnrisd.jpg
    90 lbs down, keto diet and lifting.

Way to go Ashley what an INSPIRATION seriously making me rethinking some things.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Happy Transformation Tuesday Team!!

We can achieve our goals, we just have to take the time to put them first and ourselves first in order to get there, and believe me, that's hard for me, I never really took the time to take care of myself and that's how I got to the place where I was. So please, take the time for yourself, you and your goals are important too! Let's finish Feb strong and start March strong!!
    qyhys5xnrisd.jpg
    90 lbs down, keto diet and lifting.

i just started keto last week and the scales are moving to aslo lifting
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Daily Post tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise aquasize weights
    Water 104oz

steps 10651
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: over
    Exercise: elliptical, treadmill, and some weights
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins walking, 60 mins weight training, walked for an additional 40 min at the hockey game

Comments: Went to a hockey game with my sister, had a good time, couple of NSVs for me and my sister, her seats were all inclusive, and they had some not too bad food, I did eat a salad, but my sister ate none of it!
    Walked 5 miles yesterday with the walking for the game and my normal walking, so I went ahead and ate the extra 200 calorie salad, no cheese, only lettuce and some veggies, tiny amount of dressing, my normal salad, so probably less than that but that's my estimate since I didn't weigh it, obviously lol.
  • AB0215
    edited February 2019
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »

i just started keto last week and the scales are moving to aslo lifting

@digger61 Nice! I honestly feel the best eating this way, I think it forces me to eat better quality foods rather than letting me have a donut which is just a ton of empty calories leading me down a dark path, so, I'm glad I gave it a try, if you need any help or need recipes, let me know. I have quite a few.
    And honestly, you may notice a dip in performance/energy for a few weeks, but hang in there, it will pick up, and will come back stronger than before...
  • AB0215
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 I was looking at some instant pot recipes that are low carb* and some of these you might like, mostly a lot of meat and lower carb veggies, some suggest adding potatoes, which I would omit, but you can probably leave in if you're eating them.

I think in a couple recipes they did suggest something like brown sugar in the spices, but I'd just swap that for something like Swerve and it'd be better for lower carbs.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/g25685840/instant-pot-keto-recipes/
  • AB0215
    Options
    dxq1e3u4dbj1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.