TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @CindyJNC1963 I was looking at some instant pot recipes that are low carb* and some of these you might like, mostly a lot of meat and lower carb veggies, some suggest adding potatoes, which I would omit, but you can probably leave in if you're eating them.

I think in a couple recipes they did suggest something like brown sugar in the spices, but I'd just swap that for something like Swerve and it'd be better for lower carbs.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/g25685840/instant-pot-keto-recipes/

Thanks. I will give them a try. Yes, I have added potatoes and corn back into my diet..... on a limited basis. I do stay away from breads and pasta. I did buy some Swerve so I have that available now. I also just bought a spice rack so I have easier access to spices.

Oh, I made boiled eggs for the first time in the Instant Pot. They came out great. My Dad loves deviled eggs so I made some for him.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Today was my first day back at school, srarting my Doctoral Degree in Psychology Health and Wellness. I was excited and nervous even though it is online it is tougher than Bachelors and Master's.

Congrats on starting your PhD program. I have a MS in Psych and worked as a counselor for about 15 years. I ended up going back to school in to get an IT degree. The MS was tough enough …..I failed my oral comps the first time. I can't even imagine how tough a doctoral program would be. Good luck!

My younger sister is currently pursuing a bachelors degree in psychology and planning to continue onto graduate school. Do you have any suggestions, helpful advice for her?

I might not be the best person to ask. I worked in the field too long with a tough population and got completely burned out. That being said, my best advice, unless she wants to pursue a doctoral degree is to get a Master's in Social Work. There is just not much you can do with a master's in psych. If a supervisor is a MSW Social Worker they will not hire anyone who doesn't have a social work degree. They are total snobs. The field is all about what degree you have and what certifications you have. The MSW degree gets you off on the right foot....the next is to get your licensed clinical social worker credentials. Then you are golden. I would get other opinions though.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will give them a try. Yes, I have added potatoes and corn back into my diet..... on a limited basis. I do stay away from breads and pasta. I did buy some Swerve so I have that available now. I also just bought a spice rack so I have easier access to spices.

Oh, I made boiled eggs for the first time in the Instant Pot. They came out great. My Dad loves deviled eggs so I made some for him.

@CindyJNC1963 I make 2 dozen boiled eggs in my IP every week, some for me and some for my hubby's lunch and they're so much easier that way and I love how easy they peel, such a time saver!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week February Week 4

PW: 497.5lbs
    CW: 495.2lbs

Total inches lost = 9.3 - 4.4 = 4.9

Goals/comments
    Totally ecstatic giving myself 👏🏾👏🏾 for a job well done this week. For a change I'm ending this Challenge strong looking forward to meeting my goals for next month. This just proves to ME that being positive no matter what and continuing to take baby steps pays off.😀💃🏾💃🏾
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I’m having trouble keeping up with the thread. Between kids who are constantly sick or teething and multiple home projects, I’ve been busy. I’m still tracking and trying to squeeze in exercise. Hopefully everyone is having a great week!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Wed - Feb 27 (Daily Tracking Day 3 of 7)
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day. 👍
    Exercise: Golf 🏌️‍♀️ ⛳️ 18 holes/4 hours. (11k steps)
    Comments: So happy to enjoy a round of golf in the sun with friends.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Feb 27

Track: No-Only because I wasn’t home most of the day.
    Calories: Way Under-Really busy
    Exercise: No. Did a little walking.

Tomorrow will be a normal day again!
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: February 27th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No, over by about 100 calories
    Exercise: 7700 steps walking + 31 minutes exercise bike (7.1 miles)
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: No
    Calories: ?
    Exercise: No

Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: No
    Exercise: No

Still not feeling well
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, OMAD
    Exercise:Yes, 1 hour treadmill
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 10 mins walking around my house
    Water 179oz
    Goals/comments So excited Uo had excellent results today and decided to tried to walk 2x-3x around the house every 3-4hrs I tried to do it for 10 minutes but could barely go for 3 minutes so I pushed for 5 minutes had to use my asthma pump afterwards and was extremely dizzying while weighing and measuring but I did it. Maybe I'll walk slower Saturday. I have 2 drs appts tomorrow so I won't be doing this routine, it's only on those days when I'm home laying in bed 98% of the time

TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Kazunomiya
    February week 4
    PW329.2
    CW 330.0
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 10 mins
    Water 134oz
    Goals/comments
    Was on the phone late with mom so sorry guys I forgot to post last night.

Daily Post (Tuesday )

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise 30-35 walking
    Water 90oz
    Goals/comments

Today was my first day back at school, srarting my Doctoral Degree in Psychology Health and Wellness. I was excited and nervous even though it is online it is tougher than Bachelors and Master's.

Had a appt at my pulmonologist Sleep Lap to help me with my Bi-pap machine which was way overdue and was able to get clarification of my sleep study ans what exactly the Bi-Pap is doing and not just going with the flow.

Unfortunately the receptionist never scheduled me in so had to wait two hours so I did not really eat today except my smoothie and some healthy snacks that I always carry in my purse to combat the dizziness. But I still track but I hope my not eating today don't affect my weight tomorrow. As I am exhausted I am going to sleep.
    GOOD NIGHT🌃🌃🌌 TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!

Good luck
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week February Week 4

PW: 497.5lbs
    CW: 495.2lbs

Total inches lost = 9.3 - 4.4 = 4.9

Goals/comments
    Totally ecstatic giving myself 👏🏾👏🏾 for a job well done this week. For a change I'm ending this Challenge strong looking forward to meeting my goals for next month. This just proves to ME that being positive no matter what and continuing to take baby steps pays off.😀💃🏾💃🏾

Nicely done.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in for wed feb 27
    (I know I’m a day late)
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    exercise no

Took my son back to DMV to take his road test. This time he passed.

I could not control myself yesterday and had some ice cream after dinner 🤬. Today is a new day!!!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 4
    Weigh In day: Monday
    PW: 279.8
    CW: 280.4
  • craigbennettis
    craigbennettis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Who is the March team leader? I will be travelling to Canada for the next 13 days. I will do my best to login.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: no
    Exercise: 20 minutes elliptical
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    HAPPY THURSDAY TEAM SLIMSONS!
    INSPIRATION FOR TODAY: