TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Love! ❀️ πŸ’— Agree with you 100%!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: Β»

Any remedies for throat pain? I have done the tea honey lemon thing.
    @Bm00re2u Yep, that happens to me like every time I get a sore throat. This last time I let it go, drank a lot of warm liquids and ate a lot of sugar free cough drops and it seemed to subside within about 2 days and didn't seem to turn into anything more this time. Also stuck to super nutritious foods during that time, no junk.
    Feel better!!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Happy Transformation Tuesday Team!!

We can achieve our goals, we just have to take the time to put them first and ourselves first in order to get there, and believe me, that's hard for me, I never really took the time to take care of myself and that's how I got to the place where I was. So please, take the time for yourself, you and your goals are important too! Let's finish Feb strong and start March strong!!
    qyhys5xnrisd.jpg
    90 lbs down, keto diet and lifting.

πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»
  • BreanaRenae
    BreanaRenae Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    PW: 135.2
    CW: 135
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    What a year. Last March I had a hip replacement, In July I found out I had liver cancer and had a liver resection in Sept which got rid of the cancer for now. Trying to get permisson to go back to work found out I had a hernia which I said to the doc 3 months ago. So off to the surgeon on Monday to see what is going to happen. On a good note my weight this week is going down
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Username: Fitness327wk
    Week: February Week 4
    PW = 139
    CW=137.7 πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

Yea!

great work
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

We can achieve our goals, ....90 lbs down, keto diet and lifting.

Wow! πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜πŸ’ͺ glad I popped in here when I did so I could see your transformation post.... you look incredible AshleyπŸŽ‰πŸ˜Š This what it’s all about... becoming our healthiest self.

On the flip side... though I’ve been actively exercising while on vacation, I have not been eating healthy at allβ€”- 🍷 alcohol 🍺 , desserts 🍨 and tons of food. I’m off IF as well. I feel awful. I’m puffy and my stomach is distendedβ€”-bleh. Plus I got a crazy sunburn πŸ₯΅ even wearing 70 SPF πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈβ€”-but what a lesson vacation eating has been for me after being on task since August.

I am now worried that I won’t be able to transition back to my eating program this weekend πŸ˜₯😣. Going to try to get some control the next three days and go lighter on food. I’m happy to come back here to you all for some motivation and some griping (sorry for the latter πŸ₯΄πŸ˜¬πŸ˜†).
    ba3a7asrrjc6.jpeg

[

Happy Tuesday!!! Keep goingπŸ’ͺπŸ˜…βœ¨β€οΈ
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise no

Quick question how you guys get and stay motivated.
    Early in the day I always say I’m going to go to the gym or for a long walk with the kids then the end of the day I just want to eat then sleep. Something has to change

My friend and I share our weight weekly. We had difference in weight ca 20 pounds. Now only 3.3. I write this number basically everywhere: it keeps me away from fridge: only 3.4 pounds and I'll be lighter than my friend for a first time ever
  • Ver9nika
    Options
    PW = 139

Yea!

Well done! <3

We can achieve our goals, we just have to take the time to put them first and ourselves first in order to get there, and believe me, that's hard for me, I never really took the time to take care of myself and that's how I got to the place where I was. So please, take the time for yourself, you and your goals are important too! Let's finish Feb strong and start March strong!!
    qyhys5xnrisd.jpg
    90 lbs down, keto diet and lifting.

Wow! <3<3<3
  • Ver9nika
    Options
    digger61 wrote: Β»
    What a year. Last March I had a hip replacement, In July I found out I had liver cancer and had a liver resection in Sept which got rid of the cancer for now. Trying to get permisson to go back to work found out I had a hernia which I said to the doc 3 months ago. So off to the surgeon on Monday to see what is going to happen. On a good note my weight this week is going down

<3<3<3 I wish you all the best <3<3<3
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

@digger61 I can't even imagine how hard that all would have been for you. I think that you're holding up really despite the challenges you've faced and you continue to try to make positive changes despite the setbacks you have. Hats off to you! You're amazing!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Tues - Feb 26 hDaily Tracking Day 2 of 7)
    Track: Yesβœ”οΈ
    Calories: Yes βœ”οΈ I will be for the day. πŸ‘
    Exercise: Barre one hour πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ’ƒand Eight mile burn πŸ”₯!
    Comments: Happy with weigh-in today!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise no

Early in the day I always say I’m going to go to the gym or for a long walk with the kids then the end of the day I just want to eat then sleep. Something has to change

I'm sorry, I meant to respond to this last night and forgot. I struggle with motivation too, especially when it comes to exercise. I see what other people post here and I think, "I'm such a slouch, there is NO WAY I can do that stuff". I finally decided, after much ado, that I don't need to try to keep up with what everyone else is doing. I was trying to walk 6000 to 7000 steps a day plus ride my exercise bike 13 or 14 miles every night. I finally decided that is just too much for me. I was feeling really bad, and even worse I was getting demotivated. I decided to back off on the exercise bike after work. I'm doing my 14 mile workout on the weekends only now. My suggestion for you is don't tell yourself that you need to go on a "long walk" or go to the gym. Start slow. I started out just by walking up and down the hall a few times. Tell yourself that, just for today, you are going to walk around the block. You will eventually get into the habit. I would miss my walks I take during my breaks now....I actually enjoy them....it gives me time to think. And don't try to keep up with everyone else. As you progress you may want to do more and more, but you don't have to start out by doing more than what you are ready for.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    PW = 139

Yea!

Nice
  • vicky2767
    Options

You’ve had a lot going on. Hope things turn out well for you.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise no

I'm sorry, I meant to respond to this last night and forgot. I struggle with motivation too, especially when it comes to exercise. I see what other people post here and I think, "I'm such a slouch, there is NO WAY I can do that stuff". I finally decided, after much ado, that I don't need to try to keep up with what everyone else is doing. I was trying to walk 6000 to 7000 steps a day plus ride my exercise bike 13 or 14 miles every night. I finally decided that is just too much for me. I was feeling really bad, and even worse I was getting demotivated. I decided to back off on the exercise bike after work. I'm doing my 14 mile workout on the weekends only now. My suggestion for you is don't tell yourself that you need to go on a "long walk" or go to the gym. Start slow. I started out just by walking up and down the hall a few times. Tell yourself that, just for today, you are going to walk around the block. You will eventually get into the habit. I would miss my walks I take during my breaks now....I actually enjoy them....it gives me time to think. And don't try to keep up with everyone else. As you progress you may want to do more and more, but you don't have to start out by doing more than what you are ready for.

Great advice Cindy. I totally agree. Start slow. You can and will get there!!!!!!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise not today.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 10 mins
    Water 134oz
    Goals/comments
    Was on the phone late with mom so sorry guys I forgot to post last night.

Daily Post (Tuesday )

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise 30-35 walking
    Water 90oz
    Goals/comments

Today was my first day back at school, srarting my Doctoral Degree in Psychology Health and Wellness. I was excited and nervous even though it is online it is tougher than Bachelors and Master's.

Had a appt at my pulmonologist Sleep Lap to help me with my Bi-pap machine which was way overdue and was able to get clarification of my sleep study ans what exactly the Bi-Pap is doing and not just going with the flow.

Unfortunately the receptionist never scheduled me in so had to wait two hours so I did not really eat today except my smoothie and some healthy snacks that I always carry in my purse to combat the dizziness. But I still track but I hope my not eating today don't affect my weight tomorrow. As I am exhausted I am going to sleep.
    GOOD NIGHTπŸŒƒπŸŒƒπŸŒŒ TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Feb 26

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. Walked over 13,700 steps today
This discussion has been closed.