jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, Waisters!

Wednesday weigh-ins reminder:
    @Healthy67Chick
    @kkmark
    @Nicole3921
    @offitgoes DONE! and well done :)
    @TuesdayLucero I like that Tuesday weighs in on Wednesday...

Stepping Team!
    Be sure to have all your numbers in for each day starting Feb 3 (Sunday) - no rush, but be sure you get them to me by Saturday end of day. It's looking good (except for my poor numbers yesterday :/ )

Thanks!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Personal Challenge: Exercise 4x a week
    2/3- Yes (upper body)
    2/4- Yes (lower body)
    2/5- No (rest day)
    2/6- Yes (upper/lower body)

Not doing cardio this week. Waiting to get replacement wheels for the elliptical so just going to do some light weights. I did wide lat pull-downs and leg extensions today with a heavier than normal weight. Yay :D
    Slowly building up these baby muscles!

Also totally forgot that I picked "No Dairy" for the weekly challenge thing. Not even sure why I picked it. Guess I forgot that butter is dairy. I've been having a tablespoon of cream in my coffee AND I use butter to cook with. Lol Woops.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    My early time in maintenance is going pretty smoothly. I think that this is because I really focused on making changes that I could maintain indefinitely when I was in the active weight loss phase. Something else that was also really helpful was the experience several times of having a really off plan day(sounds nicer than binge :smile:) and being able to get right back on track the next day. The prospect of falling back into old habits still looms, but I am feeling a bit more confident as each day passes.

My Feb plank challenge is also going well ... up to 1:15 seconds. I am not pretty confident that I will get to the 2 mninute mark by the end of the month.

• jugar
    Options
    User - Healthy67Chick
    Week - 1
    Weigh in Day - Wednesday
    PW - 248.0
    CW - 247.5

Good one!
  • jugar
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Personal Challenge: Exercise 4x a week
    2/3- Yes (upper body)
    2/4- Yes (lower body)
    2/5- No (rest day)
    2/6- Yes (upper/lower body)

Not doing cardio this week. Waiting to get replacement wheels for the elliptical so just going to do some light weights. I did wide lat pull-downs and leg extensions today with a heavier than normal weight. Yay :D
    Slowly building up these baby muscles!

Also totally forgot that I picked "No Dairy" for the weekly challenge thing. Not even sure why I picked it. Guess I forgot that butter is dairy. I've been having a tablespoon of cream in my coffee AND I use butter to cook with. Lol Woops.

Good week - and for the 5th, "rest day" is not a No! When you are getting serious about building muscle, the day off is extremely important. It is only when the muscles repair from the work you inflict on them that they get stronger. So put a yes on those rest days! Do more walking or other cardio on those days. Or just abs. I know - that is the worst, but it helps with everything else. Great job!
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    User Name: willrunformartinis
    Week: 1
    Weight in Day: Thursdays
    PW: 181.5
    CW: 178.5

Step Challenge WTD
    2/3: 12,611
    2/4: 8,026
    2/5: 8,975
    2/6: 8,022

Personal Fit Challenge
    8k steps everyday
    I’ve been feeling good and proud of myself. Two days this week I was at 7k and I didn’t go to bed until I got to my step goal. I recognize that on the days I have conference calls and desk work I should work out first so that I’m not trying to walk so much after a long day. I’m making the effort in parking further and making my hourly step goals. I can’t say it enough, I feel good!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    @jugar , did you get my PM about possibly being either the second co-cap or the second general motivator? (With the problems I've been having receiving Friend Requests, who knows if the system is letting my profile send / receive internal messages at the moment :| )

No! I never got a message - glad to hear you're interested. I'll send you an internal message and we'll have a discussion there or by email to see what would work best for you. It looks like "the system" is letting me send you a message at least...

Thanks!!

So do we have a new captain for the team???

I think the pair of you together would keep our team motivated and ready to kick serious butt.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Sorry team. I know I am really crap at checking in with you all. >I always intent to get in here and post and the day just goes by so fast and before I know it I'm in bed and OUT. This weather has got me down and gloomy and im always tired. I also always have so much going on with the kids or appointments for myself and I don't know how I find the energy to do it all. Anywho I do apologize to you all.....AGAIN.

FEBRUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 3 days strength training a week. Complete 1 - 5K run on treadmill a week. Attend both Zumba and STRONG classes each week. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️💪🏻

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days each week. 🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Get down and boogie. Put on a good song and dance it out each day. ❤️❤️❤️

Week 1:

Sun - 💧❤️
    Mon - 🍎💧❤️💃🏻
    Tue - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧❤️
    Wed - 🍎💧❤️
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat-

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

I really could be doing much better. Im running out of time to catch up with my personal challenge.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    @jugar , did you get my PM about possibly being either the second co-cap or the second general motivator? (With the problems I've been having receiving Friend Requests, who knows if the system is letting my profile send / receive internal messages at the moment :| )

No! I never got a message - glad to hear you're interested. I'll send you an internal message and we'll have a discussion there or by email to see what would work best for you. It looks like "the system" is letting me send you a message at least...

Thanks!!

I think the pair of you together would keep our team motivated and ready to kick serious butt.

I will leave all the background spreadsheet stuff to you, @jugar ... and commit to daily "conversation encourager" posts. You can call me either co-cap or co-(general) motivator .... whatever works.

Our long-ago caps had Daily Themes ( that rotated through / repeated each week), to help encourage posting, and I will reintroduce that.
  • mari_moulin
    edited February 2019
    Options

Thanks!!

I will leave all the background spreadsheet stuff to you, @jugar ... and commit to daily "conversation encourager" posts. You can call me either co-cap or co-(general) motivator .... whatever works.

Our long-ago caps had Daily Themes ( that rotated through / repeated each week), to help encourage posting, and I will reintroduce that.

Well I think co Captain is the best term. Even if @jugar handles spreadsheet it’s always good to have someone to back her up if she becomes unavailable.

This is why we like to have 2 captains and for both to have access to spreadsheets. It’s happened where one has had to leave does a week or so and the back up captain stepped in so I think you should definitely take that spot. If you are up for it of course.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options

Thanks!!

Well I think co Captain is the best term. Even if @jugar handles spreadsheet it’s always good to have someone to back her up if she becomes unavailable.

This is why we like to have 2 captains and for both to have access to spreadsheets. It’s happened where one has had to leave does a week or so and the back up captain stepped in so I think you should definitely take that spot. If you are up for it of course.

OK. Co-cap (backup coverage for entering) it is. @jugar my profile problem got sorted out so I am going to try and send you another MFP PM. Let me know tomorrow if it showed up.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin @TuesdayLucero posted her weight on our thread -- I entered it on your spreadsheet. There is something going on with her cells tho...

I gave her a link to this thread. TY -- SHRINKING ASSETS
  • jugar
    Options

Thanks!!

FANTASTIC! It will be great to have backup and someone who is better than I am at getting the conversations rolling. I love it when there are messages from a lot of team members - positive, negative, whatever - just sharing and helping each other along. I also will be making an epic road trip either at the end of February or beginning of March (driving with my daughter to her new job at Canadian Forces Base Wainright in Alberta) but I'm not sure when this will happen yet. 3550 km! winter in Canada. yikes.

So thanks @BMcC9 !
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm in the big city today and overnight for a good friend's retirement party. I just finished my workout and have been walking a lot today! So then I'm going out to party...

• Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would love to do the steps challenge
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Blackbeautysue

Feb starting weight: 228.6
    Current weight: 227.8
    Weigh in day: Thurs
This discussion has been closed.