Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Steps challenge

7 Feb: 14,494
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin @TuesdayLucero posted her weight on our thread -- I entered it on your spreadsheet. There is something going on with her cells tho...

I gave her a link to this thread. TY -- SHRINKING ASSETS

I’ll have a look at the spreadsheet tomorrow thanks for the heads up.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/ 6 -6,677
    2/7- 6,500
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling great and still feeling really motivated. Keeping up with all of my personal challenges every day:and staying within calorie goal :smiley:

- recording all my food
    - no soda
    - no alcohol

I'm losing pretty good, down 3.4 on the scale from Sunday. I know it's water weight but I'll take it!

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Feb 7
    steps 5239
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Personal challenge: walk 10k
    Steps on weekdays
    2/3-Sunday-no-7234 steps
    2/4Monday - Yes-15219 steps
    2/5-Tuesday yes-18507 steps
    2/6-Wednesday - yes -12825 steps
    2/7-Thursday-yes - 13406 steps

Weight train -
    Sunday- yes
    Monday-rest day- did 40 floors though today
    Tuesday- rest day
    Wednesday-yes - little bit
    Thursday - no

Sunday- logged food but not under cals
    Monday-yes and yes

Step challenge:
    2/3 - 7234 steps
    2/4 - 15219 steps includes 40 floors
    2/5-18507 steps
    @jugar posting my steps up in the post with my personal challenge
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bear479
    Week 1
    Pw 172.8
    Cw 171.4
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Very impressed with MFP. I was unwell yesterday and had no appetite, got a notification from MFP telling me I haven't eaten enough!
    Still haven't managed to get plan together for excersizing, I guess I keep finding 'more important things' to do😒.
    I find it so hard to get myself to do something in my own time.
    I just have my weekly one hour aerobics class ATM.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    We are in the last couple of days of week 1 -- and it is looking good! I have the steps and weights up to date so far, but there are a few gaps:

@sue_01 - Do you have your steps for February 3rd? I seem to have missed those.
    @jan110144 - do you have your weigh-in for this week? or are you moving to the support list now that you are on maintenance?
    @kkmark @nicole3921 @cory17 -- your weigh-ins are overdue! Please update asap.

Weigh-ins due today:
    @asheetagupte7272
    @Bear479 - DONE! thanks and bravo!
    @BMcC9
    @Connie7355
    @leni1us
    @Sue_01

Stepping team -
    There are gaps! Be sure to look at the spreadsheet (link on main F2F page) and send me any days you are missing. Thanks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Very impressed with MFP. I was unwell yesterday and had no appetite, got a notification from MFP telling me I haven't eaten enough!
    Still haven't managed to get plan together for excersizing, I guess I keep finding 'more important things' to do😒.

Perla - hope you are feeling better today and putting together a plan for your exercise. Try some videos, or the 5 minute mini-workouts that Jan posted the other day. You won't regret it!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @jugar I have moved to the maintenance group (requested this at the end of last month)
  • jan110144
    Options
    @Perla4686 ... here is the info on 5 minute workouts posted several days ago. Pick one and give it a try! Or, find something else that feels very doable to you. It is not that important what, or how long, just that you start. Once you get out of 'stuck' mode, I think you'll find it easy to add more as exercise becomes more of your standard day.

Do you struggle to find time in a busy schedule to exercise? Can't get out to walk because of the icky weather outside? Below are suggestions for 5-minute fitness routines you can do inside, at home, with no (or little) equipment). They include ones for beginners as well as more advanced options. Give them a try. Include one (or more) when you have a free 5 minutes in your day (and we know that we ALL have 5 minutes, even if we can't carve out 30 minutes or an hour).

5 Minute Easy Workout - Low Impact Cardio Exercises for Beginners - Low Impact Cardio Workout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YraWLoZH-QQ

9 lazy-girl, 5 minute workouts you can do in front of Netflix
    https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/fitness-workouts/a38074/lazy-girl-workouts/

5- minute Workout that Will Shed Your Winter Weight
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/fitness-pictures/5-minute-workout-that-will-shed-your-winter-weight.aspx

5-minute Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
    https://www.today.com/health/5-minute-workout-you-can-do-anywhere-t102415

5-minute Exercise Routines to Lose Weight
    https://www.verywellfit.com/5-minute-exercise-routines-to-lose-weight-3495389
  • sue_01
    Options
    Steps for Feb. 3- 7,732

The weather here has been treacherous everything all the schools were closed. Most business, We spent lots of time playing with the grand children. The ice was so bad you could go ice skating on the sidewalk. Last night it went into the 9C and made it much better. The last week it really is Winter. My steps should be back up today.

• BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9
    Feb Week 1 (Fridays)

PW : 142.0
    CW : 140.9
  • BMcC9
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Still haven't managed to get plan together for exercising, I guess I keep finding 'more important things' to do😒.

The Instant Gratification Monkey is strong with this one .... :D (see Inside the mind of a master procrastinator inside the spoiler if you haven't already, and don't recognize the term ... )

What do you usually "do instead"? Do you know about NEAT activities, and can you make a game for yourself about incorporating "sneaky commando attacks on those food calories"? (IGM's respond well to games .... or "over with in no time" activities like the 5 minute workouts above or a daily plank hold challenge that starts with maybe 30 seconds and maxes out at 2 consecutive minutes at the "Expert Level" )

There is a definition of NEAT farther up the thread - NON- (formal) Exercise Activities (informal, non-measurable activities like: pacing while on the phone; doing a plank hold or other calisthenics during commercial breaks of your favourite show; stairs instead of elevator; laps around the kitchen island or calf stretches while waiting for the microwave to "Ping" etc etc.)

Inside the mind of a master procrastinator – Tim Urban
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU

• sue_01
    Options
    Feb. Week
    PW: 190
    CW:195.5

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @jugar- thanks!
    @jan- I'll definitely look into those after the weekend, sounds very doable. I am definitely in 'stuck' mode😒
    A few years ago I did 30 day shred by Julian Michaels and did amazing on it (and got hooked to working out, which I hope will happen again!)
    The problem for me now is I really don't want something where I need to get completely changed, workout, shower and dress as the whole thing then takes an hour+.
    Hopefully, I'll find something not too sweaty that I can do in between other stuff and get on with my day.
    I'll keep you posted!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    @jugar- thanks!
    @jan- I'll definitely look into those after the weekend, sounds very doable. I am definitely in 'stuck' mode😒
    A few years ago I did 30 day shred by Julian Michaels and did amazing on it (and got hooked to working out, which I hope will happen again!)
    The problem for me now is I really don't want something where I need to get completely changed, workout, shower and dress as the whole thing then takes an hour+.
    Hopefully, I'll find something not too sweaty that I can do in between other stuff and get on with my day.
    I'll keep you posted!

"Make It A Game" NEAT commando-attacks DO sound like they would suit you for right now (see 3 posts above). I will post links to two MFP threads with LOTS of NEAT suggestions later today.
  • jan110144
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9
    Feb Week 1 (Fridays)

PW : 142.0
    CW : 140.9

You are closing in on that sub-140!!!
  • jan110144
    Options
    @jugar- thanks!
    I'll keep you posted!

Sounds like walking might be a good fit, since that can be done in moderation without breaking too much of a sweat.
This discussion has been closed.