Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    MoStacy wrote: »
    User = MoStacy
    Week = 1
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Previous Weight = 166.5 lb (as of 1/28/19)
    Current Weight = 168.6 lb 😢

Steps:
    2/1: 13,462
    2/2: 15, 266
    2/3: 10,565
    2/4: 4,578

Hi Stacy - I have updated your weight (I know, it isn't what you wanted, but you know what to do!) but I don't have you on the list for the steps team. Keep tracking, and if someone drops out we could certainly use your awesome numbers in there. Keep posting them, and I'll take a note of them in case there are changes on the team. There is usually at least one person who doesn't keep up tracking steps in there, so you're our top #1 backup when that happens. Thanks!!
  • jugar
    Options
    User = nikkidt9211
    Week = 1
    Weigh-in Day = Tuesday
    Previous Weight = 205.6 (as of 1/29/19)
    Current Weight = 204.6

.8 away from reaching a total of 50lbs lost!

That is fantastic! Next Tuesday we'll all prepare a happy dance to do with you. People should take a video of that and you'll burn a lot of calories just laughing :D
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Personal Challenge: Exercise 4x a week
    2/3- Yes (upper body)
    2/4- Yes (lower body)
    2/5- No (rest day)

Still keeping my workouts very low-key. I did a lot of leg extensions yesterday though and plan on increasing the weight next time. Gotta build these chicken legs up! :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    Personal challenge: walk 10k
    Steps on weekdays
    Sunday-no
    Monday - Yes-

Weight train -
    Sunday- yes
    Monday-rest day- did 40 floors though today

Sunday- logged food but not under cals
    Monday-yes and yes

@jugar ..apologies for delay in posting steps
    Step challenge:
    2/3 - 7234 steps
    2/4 - 15219 steps includes 40 floors

I use fitbit to track my steps if anyone wants to add me as friend please feel free. Here is my Fitbit I’d:
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/2CG6FM

No worries about delay! As long as your steps for the week are all recorded by end of day Saturday (including Saturday's), all is good. And you are seriously kicking some posteriors! 40 floors - gotta be as breathtaking as snowshoeing!
  • jugar
    Options
    I know it is useless to moan about the weather, but it is RAINING. I hate rain in winter. My daughter is in Alberta this week and it is -35 this morning! I'm almost jealous. I'd rather need my longjohns than my raincoat... I know, I live in Canada for a reason :p

I'm really enjoying counting steps, way more than I thought I would. Yesterday my car was in the garage, and I walked the whole time it was there. The road was not very nice (kind of busy and no sidewalk!), but I got some groceries and lots of steps in. Today won't be so good. The deep snow just turns to slush under every step, and the more we do that the worse the ice will be in a couple of days. Harrumph.

So it's extra indoor workout day. And lots of vacuuming or something. Write me some funny stories and get me out of my grumpy funk, ok?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    MoStacy wrote: »
    User = MoStacy
    Week = 1
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Previous Weight = 166.5 lb (as of 1/28/19)
    Current Weight = 168.6 lb 😢

Steps:
    2/1: 13,462
    2/2: 15, 266
    2/3: 10,565
    2/4: 4,578

Hi Stacy - I have updated your weight (I know, it isn't what you wanted, but you know what to do!) but I don't have you on the list for the steps team. Keep tracking, and if someone drops out we could certainly use your awesome numbers in there. Keep posting them, and I'll take a note of them in case there are changes on the team. There is usually at least one person who doesn't keep up tracking steps in there, so you're our top #1 backup when that happens. Thanks!!

Stacy’s steps are so much better than mine. I’d be happy to give her my place. I will still post and try and improve my steps. But, hers will get the team better numbers and top honors. Let me know.

I ended yesterday 2/4 at 5,200 steps.
  • micki48
    Options
    Personal check in.

• protein with every meal ✔️
    • 10 cups water ✔️
    • more greens✔️
    • No soda✔️
    • exercise 3x/week ✔️✔️ (week is not over yet)

Logging all food. Staying under.
    Increasing NEAT calories
    Getting 250 steps per waking hour.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Just saw the steps challenge post. I'm in. I try to get 10,000 in everyday. I don't always make it but I try.

2/4 10,876.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Happy (Chinese) New Years, Everyone!!

I hit my personal target milestone today - "Normal BMI by (Chinese) New Years" weighed in at EXACTLY 25.00 BMI .. on a weekday!

The next personal MFP-type target is "Start Transition to Maintenance before end of March" (~ 6 pounds to go)
    The next personal NSV main target is "Do up wedding dress before 31st Wedding Anniversary (April 30th)" - followed immediately by " .... and KEEP being able to do it up every month after that!" Only ~1 inch to go .....

CONGRATS!! Success is SWEET!!!
  • jugar
    edited February 2019
    Options
    "micki48 wrote: »

Stacy’s steps are so much better than mine. I’d be happy to give her my place. I will still post and try and improve my steps. But, hers will get the team better numbers and top honors. Let me know.

I ended yesterday 2/4 at 5,200 steps.

Your steps are fine - I agree that Stacy's numbers are seriously large, but it isn't about stepping back just because someone is better. If you enjoy tracking your steps and being on the team helps you squeeze out a few more steps than you would have, stick with it! As I said, there is almost always someone who just stops tracking along the way. I will be lucky to make 4,000 today, but it would surely be even less if I was not counting and having to report at the end of the day.
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Just saw the steps challenge post. I'm in. I try to get 10,000 in everyday. I don't always make it but I try.

2/4 10,876.

The actual team in the inter-team competition has 10 members already, but I'll track you "off book" in case we lose any other members! In any case, keep aiming for that 10,000 - I rarely make it either, but it's good trying. And it's fun to see how the other teams are doing - check out the spreadsheets (link on the F2F main page).
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Another very thought-provoking post from my other Just For Today thread ....
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Another good article from GEM:

It's evident when someone truly appreciates something they have, because they take great care of it.

Ever been in a home that you could tell was kept REALLY well by the owner? It was kept tidy, necessary upkeep was always done, and you could tell the person living in that home valued where they were. Maybe it wasn't even the biggest, most extravagant home- but that home was cherished.

Conversely, have you ever been in a home that you could just TELL wasn't valued? Maybe it was really dirty, unkempt, and you could just tell the owner didn't put a lot of effort into it.

Have you ever thought of you body as your home? Think about it- your body truly is the only place you will ever live in, all your life long. You can't trade it in for another one. The one you have, is the one you'll always be in.

Maybe instead of viewing your body as a loathed placed you HAVE to live in, you can shift your perspective a bit. You GET to live in the body you have! And just like a home, it will be as healthy and thriving as you make it.

Just like a little TLC can completely transform a house, your body can completely transform if you put in the effort to cherish it. Start to treat it like your dream home, and it will truly BECOME your dream home.
    wzfwc7bmgxww.png

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Steps-11,892
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    Jan 4: 3672
    Jan 5: 4805
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Personal challenge: walk 10k
    Steps on weekdays
    Sunday-no
    Monday - Yes
    Tuesday yes

Weight train -
    Sunday- yes
    Monday-rest day- did 40 floors though today
    Tuesday- rest day

Sunday- logged food but not under cals
    Monday-yes and yes
    Tuesday -yes and yes

@jugar ..apologies for delay in posting steps
    Step challenge:
    2/3 - 7234 steps
    2/4 - 15219 steps includes 40 floors
    2/5-18507 steps
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    leni1us wrote: »

2/4 10,876.

The actual team in the inter-team competition has 10 members already, but I'll track you "off book" in case we lose any other members! In any case, keep aiming for that 10,000 - I rarely make it either, but it's good trying. And it's fun to see how the other teams are doing - check out the spreadsheets (link on the F2F main page).

Thanks @jugar, I'll still track my steps with my fitbit. It also tells me to get up and move if I've been sitting too long. If I was busy, I would ignore it. Now I get up and walk the hallway at work or do a quite set of stairs (I'm on the second floor).

2/5 10,986
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps 2/5

7,089!!!
This discussion has been closed.