Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Name: @evangsimmons170
    Your Personal Challenge: walking 7 miles a day
    2/1 – 3.22 miles
    Comment: I let my schedule get away from me yesterday.

The good news is today is a new day......and its officially the FIRST day of our February challenge. Crush TODAY and forget about yesterday.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Name: LiLee2018
    Your Personal Challenge: Exercise 4x a week (I know it's not super specific)
    2/3- yes/upper body

Just telling myself to DO something is the real challenge. Even though I'm super weak, I don't mind actually doing the exercises, it's just getting my lazy butt up to start.
    I did upper body light lifting today. Really light and easy though b/c I'm extremely out of shape and can't do much now, but I know I'll get stronger as I continue :)
    Did 3 sets of 15 reps of bicep curls with 5lb dumbbells.
    3 sets of 15 reps wide lat pull-down on home gym
    3 sets of 15 reps seated bench press on home gym

That's all for now but I'm going to add in more later in the day if the kids don't distract me too much :)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Is it too late to join? If not I included the info you asked for . If its too late no worries

Username: Matthewsfive
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting weight: 259.2 (on Feb2nd)
    Current Weight: 254.6 ( of Feb9th )

@matthewsfive - this is your new team. i have added you to our spreadsheet.

I am a little confused as feb 9th will be your week 1 weigh in but we are still only feb 3rd today. Is this your goal weight?

While we wait for you to clear this up i will be using 259.2 as your starting weight which should have been taken yesterday Feb. 2.
  • mari_moulin
    edited February 2019
    Options
    treebek wrote: »
    Hi Mari, can I join? I just got onto MFP for the first time in months and I do really good in the challenges. I'll try to join the group. I understand if I'm too late.

@treebek - This is your team thread. Welcome to team Waist Aways!

please give us the following information....

What day you will be weighing in weekly. (monday, tuesday, etc)
    Your starting weight. (your weight taken on your weigh in day on the week of Sunday January 27 - Saturday February 2)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    treebek wrote: »
    Thanks! My starting weight is 211. I'll weigh in on Sunday.

Thank you. I am guessing this is todays weight which would make this your week 1 weigh in....its a bit confusing i know as our sunday weighers are first to weigh in for the entire week but you will get used to it.

Can you please provide us with your starting weight which is your weight taken on sunday January 27th.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    r9s2svvqx2yf.jpg

TEAM WAISTAWAYS

TEAM CAPTAINS - @jugar and OPEN SLOT

TEAM MOTIVATORS - @jan110144 and OPEN SLOT

WELCOME TO......

@matthewsfive
    @treebek

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    Week 1 weigh-in:

Jugar

I know I'm the smallest one on the team, but believe me I did not start there 7 years ago. I think I might move to the support list though - I'm hovering always around the same weight and I think it is OK to stay there. If I ever make it to 115 they way I would like to, fine. But I don't really need to and I feel better the stronger I get.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What date are we supposed to use for our starting weight?
  • jugar
    Options
    What date are we supposed to use for our starting weight?

Your starting weight was the one you submitted when you signed up, and your weigh-in day is Monday. So tomorrow is your week 1 weigh-in. Then every Monday after that. Your starting weight should be where you were last Monday. All ok?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    I played Pickle ball today for the first time. I love tennis but haven’t played in a while because of an ankle sprain some time back. Pickle ball is a lot of fun and apparently burns some calories. So, yay. Two workouts in two days. I have had protein and veggies with every meal. I am already up to 9 cups of water. My steps are not where I want them yet, but I also don’t get an accurate measure because I use my phone for steps, not a Fitbit.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Name: @evangsimmons170
    Your Personal Challenge: walking 7 miles a day
    2/1 – 3.22 miles
    Comment: I let my schedule get away from me yesterday.

The good news is today is a new day......and its officially the FIRST day of our February challenge. Crush TODAY and forget about yesterday.

That works for me! Thanks for the encouragement! :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Step challenge: Feb 2 (not sure if this counts as "my last Jan step challenge entry and should be on the other thread or not ... )

I will post today's total separately .... planning a good long exergame / jogging on the mini-trampoline session for tonight ....
  • jugar
    Options
    Steps for today - 8204
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    BMcC9
    Feb 3
    Step count: 15605
    (making up for Mondays always going to be a low-count day)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Sorry I have been MIA.
    Weighing in today:
    PW: 202
    CW: 199.5
    I know I should be happy with this loss but I'm a little disappointed as in the past I've lost upto 6lb the first week which really gave me a boost! After that I aim for 2lb/week.
    I guess now I'm 36, things slow down a little...
    I'm also kicking myself that I've only managed one workout last week. I hope I get more in this week.
    Knowing myself, I'm quick to give up but I've never been part of a group before so I really hope this keeps me going!
    Personal challenge this week:
    * plank everyday and increase my time.
    * Drink more water.
    * Come up with a realistic excersize programme.
This discussion has been closed.