Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,141 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 172.7 01/28/19
    I entered the wrong dates weight before.
    CW: 169.9

I changed your starting weight to 172.7 and got this posted!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone - all the weights and steps are recorded so far (I hope!) and it is great to hear of your excellent losses, steps, and even the bumps in the road.

@matthewsfive welcome! I'm sure you'll find some inspiration and lots of support in this group. You can see that there are people who have been there with the knee replacement surgery, exercise re-boots, and all sorts of situations. You'll get there, and I hope you keep on with this fantastic team. If ever there are any questions or anything, let me know here or by message - I'm Liselyn, the captain of this boat, ready to try to unconfuse as needed.

@perla4686 you have nothing to feel bad about - 2.6 pounds gone! 2 pounds a week should be your top speed at your age !!!! B)

@evangsimmons170 impressive! 5 pounds gone, and lots of steps taken, in every way. Fantastic job!

@lilee2018 - even though it seems like a tiny loss, those of us with the first weigh-ins each month only had a day or two to get there! Next week will be more normal :p
  • jugar
    Options
    HOUSEKEEPING

Remaining weigh-ins due today -
    @Astrue
    @jan110144
    @MoStacy
    @tdrjustus3

Steps due for yesterday:
    @Astrue
    @GettingFitTash
    @Kittu125
    @sue_01

If I missed you let me know!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    @jugar , did you get my PM about possibly being either the second co-cap or the second general motivator? (With the problems I've been having receiving Friend Requests, who knows if the system is letting my profile send / receive internal messages at the moment :| )
  • jugar
    edited February 2019
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    @jugar , did you get my PM about possibly being either the second co-cap or the second general motivator? (With the problems I've been having receiving Friend Requests, who knows if the system is letting my profile send / receive internal messages at the moment :| )

No! I never got a message - glad to hear you're interested. I'll send you an internal message and we'll have a discussion there or by email to see what would work best for you. It looks like "the system" is letting me send you a message at least...

Thanks!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I also have 2 really bad knees that need to be replaced. I went to the Doctors and they won't Operate until I lose another 55 pounds. I really need to have this surgery done. I am in so much pain that its really hard to move or exercise.

Welcome. The good news is that you already know you can do this!

Question ... do you have a pool available? Before I had tkr, I found that it was a great way to exercise since it puts a lot less stress on my knees. Also, if you Google "exercises before knee surgery" you will find some things you can do sitting that will really help strengthen legs. Anything you can do before surgrey to improve fitness will pay off in spades during rehab.

The surgery, BTW, was the best thing I every did.

@jan110144 < thank you for the nice welcome. I live in Pa and the weather at the moment is going crazy, once May rolls around we do have a pool. I will definitely use the water as much as I can. Thanks for the good pointers and I will google for those exercises.

Glad to hear you had a good experience with your surgery. It has me scared. I hear too many stories that fail. But I have no choice.
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Personal challenge check in:

- recorded all my food
    - no soda
    - no alcohol

2/3 - yes to all three and stayed in calorie goals

Bonus - I weighed myself this morning and the scale said I was down 1.4 lbs from yesterday. YES! I know it’s water weight but I’ll take it!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Exercise challenge ... 4 days diwn, 24 to go in the plank challenge. Full minute on planks today :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Sorry was traveling this week and completely forgot about posting!!
    Weigh-in day: Friday

Starting Weight : 143.8
    Previous week : 140.1 lbs
    1 Feb : 140 lbs

Great to see you back! It looks like your travelling did not do any damage - catch up with the posts, and let us know how it is all going. B)
  • jugar
    Options
    treebek wrote: »
    Personal challenge check in:

- recorded all my food
    - no soda
    - no alcohol

2/3 - yes to all three and stayed in calorie goals

Bonus - I weighed myself this morning and the scale said I was down 1.4 lbs from yesterday. YES! I know it’s water weight but I’ll take it!!

Great work - doesn't it feel fantastic?
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Steps for today- 12,500
  • GettingFitTash
    GettingFitTash Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Personal challenge: purposely exercise everyday
    Sunday - no 😕
    Today - walked 2 miles

Step challenge:
    2/3 - 6128
    2/4 - 10,203

I posted my weight earlier this morning. Must have been really early bc I said PW was 170, CW 196.8 🤦🏻‍♀️ I wish I was 170 😂 PW was 197.0. Sorry for any confusion or radical weight gain concerns 😊
  • jugar
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Steps for today- 12,500

Thanks! do you have your steps for yesterday? (3 Feb) I might have missed them...
  • jugar
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Personal challenge: purposely exercise everyday
    Sunday - no 😕
    Today - walked 2 miles

Step challenge:
    2/3 - 6128
    2/4 - 10,203

I posted my weight earlier this morning. Must have been really early bc I said PW was 170, CW 196.8 🤦🏻‍♀️ I wish I was 170 😂 PW was 197.0. Sorry for any confusion or radical weight gain concerns 😊

I didn't want to say anything about your radical weight gain, just your wandering finger on the keyboard! You'll get to 170, don't you worry! You typed it, you make it come true, right? :p
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Personal challenge: walk 10k
    Steps on weekdays
    Sunday-no
    Monday - Yes-

Weight train -
    Sunday- yes
    Monday-rest day- did 40 floors though today

Sunday- logged food but not under cals
    Monday-yes and yes

@jugar ..apologies for delay in posting steps
    Step challenge:
    2/3 - 7234 steps
    2/4 - 15219 steps includes 40 floors

I use fitbit to track my steps if anyone wants to add me as friend please feel free. Here is my Fitbit I’d:
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/2CG6FM

• MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    User = MoStacy
    Week = 1
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Previous Weight = 166.5 lb (as of 1/28/19)
    Current Weight = 168.6 lb 😢

Steps:
    2/1: 13,462
    2/2: 15, 266
    2/3: 10,565
    2/4: 4,578
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Do you struggle to find time in a busy schedule to exercise? Can't get out to walk because of the icky weather outside? Below are suggestions for 5-minute fitness routines you can do inside, at home, with no (or little) equipment). They include ones for beginners as well as more advanced options. Give them a try. Include one (or more) when you have a free 5 minutes in your day (and we know that we ALL have 5 minutes, even if we can't carve out 30 minutes or an hour).

5 Minute Easy Workout - Low Impact Cardio Exercises for Beginners - Low Impact Cardio Workout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YraWLoZH-QQ
    9 lazy-girl, 5 minute workouts you can do in front of Netflix
    https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/fitness-workouts/a38074/lazy-girl-workouts/
    5- minute Workout that Will Shed Your Winter Weight
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/fitness-pictures/5-minute-workout-that-will-shed-your-winter-weight.aspx
    5-minute Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
    https://www.today.com/health/5-minute-workout-you-can-do-anywhere-t102415
    5-minute Exercise Routines to Lose Weight
    https://www.verywellfit.com/5-minute-exercise-routines-to-lose-weight-3495389
This discussion has been closed.