WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    Challenge : 8k steps a day/ 224k for the month of February

I think this will keep me moving and not stuck on the coach.

2/1- 8196 steps. Went great yesterday! I was under 7k at 6pm and I got up and danced around my house until I got to 8k 💃🏾

Welcome Vanessa! You have surmounted so much - you will inspire anyone on this team who is facing tough stuff and getting through it.

Can I add you to our stepping team? With you on it were stand a chance against the other teams! Just post your steps here and I'll put them in the spreadsheet.
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

2/1- 8196 steps. Went great yesterday! I was under 7k at 6pm and I got up and danced around my house until I got to 8k 💃🏾

Welcome Vanessa! You have surmounted so much - you will inspire anyone on this team who is facing tough stuff and getting through it.

Can I add you to our stepping team? With you on it were stand a chance against the other teams! Just post your steps here and I'll put them in the spreadsheet.

I would love to be added to the step challenge! Thank you!!
  • jugar
    Options
    So we post our steps here now, as well as weight on your designated day. Instead of quoting and telling you I have posted your information to the spreadsheet I'll just hit "insightful" when it's done.

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options

I would love to be added to the step challenge! Thank you!!

You're ON! We start recording tomorrow. Post daily or put a few days together if you don't have time to do it every day. As long as all the steps for the week are in on Saturdays so we can see which team stepped over the others!
  • jugar
    Options
    STEPS CHALLENGE BEGINS TOMORROW!
    some of us have been warming up, getting ready to post some fabulous numbers - do I have everyone? Is this list right?

@BMcC9
    @evangsimmons170
    @GettingFitTash
    @jugar
    @mari_moulin
    @sue_01
    @Astrue
    @micki48
    @willrunformartinis

There is room for ONE MORE. Anyone?
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    some of us have been warming up, getting ready to post some fabulous numbers - do I have everyone? Is this list right?

@BMcC9
    @evangsimmons170
    @GettingFitTash
    @jugar
    @mari_moulin
    @sue_01
    @Astrue
    @micki48
    @willrunformartinis

What are the start/end dates for the step challenge this month?
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Name: @evangsimmons170
    Your Personal Challenge: walking 7 miles a day
    2/1 – 3.22 miles
    Comment: I let my schedule get away from me yesterday.

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Plank challenge - check! Up to 45 seconds. Starting to think I may juse get to 2 min by the end of the month!

Also ... much warmer here today and I had a great schooling session on Annie.
  • jan110144
    Options
    Your daily calorie burn, or TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is composed of your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount you'd burn in a coma) + NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your job and chores and such) + TEF (Thermic Effect of Food, calories burned processing food eaten) + EAT (Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your separately- accounted intentional exercise).

One way to increase calories expended (fairly) painlessly is to increase NEAT calories. This link takes you to a MFP discussion topic where people share their suggestions for increasing NEAT. If you are looking for ways to burn more calories, check this out : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss#latest
  • jugar
    Options

@BMcC9
    @evangsimmons170
    @GettingFitTash
    @jugar
    @mari_moulin
    @sue_01
    @Astrue
    @micki48
    @willrunformartinis

What are the start/end dates for the step challenge this month?

It starts tomorrow (Feb. 3) and goes through March 2. In F2F I have finally learned that all weeks start on Sunday and there is sometimes a bit of overlap between months!
  • jugar
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Your daily calorie burn, or TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is composed of your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount you'd burn in a coma) + NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your job and chores and such) + TEF (Thermic Effect of Food, calories burned processing food eaten) + EAT (Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your separately- accounted intentional exercise).

One way to increase calories expended (fairly) painlessly is to increase NEAT calories. This link takes you to a MFP discussion topic where people share their suggestions for increasing NEAT. If you are looking for ways to burn more calories, check this out : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss#latest

Your command of the acronyms is impressive! And the information is always useful. Thanks!
  • jan110144
    Options
    Your daily calorie burn, or TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is composed of your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount you'd burn in a coma) + NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your job and chores and such) + TEF (Thermic Effect of Food, calories burned processing food eaten) + EAT (Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your separately- accounted intentional exercise)

Your command of the acronyms is impressive! And the information is always useful. Thanks!

That was a copy and paste from the start of the post at that link :smile: i definitely don't have command of the acronyms!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Your daily calorie burn, or TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is composed of your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount you'd burn in a coma) + NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your job and chores and such) + TEF (Thermic Effect of Food, calories burned processing food eaten) + EAT (Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your separately- accounted intentional exercise)

That was a copy and paste from the start of the post at that link :smile: i definitely don't have command of the acronyms!!!

It was so I teresting to read the different ways to increase NEAT (this is the first I read of this at all actually) so I am excited to find my own ways to increase this number of calories burned daily. Starting with what I already do

Get at least 10,000 steps daily
    Move every hours (min 250 steps per hour)
    Climb 10 flights of stairs daily
    Walk to my sons school instead of driving (weather depending)
    Park at the end of the parking lot
    Vacuum house everyday (dog fur man)
    Go down each isle at the store from one end to another (withoutbthe need to buy something in each isle lol)

Any other ideas to add daily team?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I’ve gone ahead and included my own weekly goals to our fitness challenge to help me stay on track. I need the accountability. I need my team to help me stay on track. Hope you guys don’t mind.

Today is day 1 and I will be posting the day after each day. So will post my Sunday tomorrow.

FEBRUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 3 days strength training a week. Complete 1 - 5K run on treadmill a week. Attend both Zumba and STRONG classes each week. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️💃🏻💪🏻

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days each week. 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Get down and boogie. Put on a good song and dance it out each day. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Week 1:

Sun -
    Mon -
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat-

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

• Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ... sorry I have been MIA. Here is my intro. My name is keerti and I am 38 years old and this is my first time with this group. I am in US and have two sweet kids 11 and 5 who motivates me in everything I want to do and so is my sweet husband.i have done MfP before and lost like 20lbs after my first pregnancy. But I am trying to shed this weight for 5 years after my second but it is kind stuck on me this time. I was fairly active and was doing 30k steps but with holidays bad cold weather stopped walking. So the weight is back on. My weight loss tends to be very very slow and when I begin exercising it goes up for sometime. My negative is that I eat too much carb and can’t get away with sugar and dairy. So here is my personal goal.

Name:
    Your Personal Challenge:
    **walk 10k steps each weekday
    **Weight train 3x week
    Date – started 2/2- 10k steps and weight train for half hour

This is hard for me right now because I am trying to get back to doing all these and failing from last month. Hope to be back on track this month.

My long term goal is to loose 20lbs by June for my daughter’s birthday and wearing matching dress with her on her birthday.

@mari_moulin if there is space please add me to step challenge.

My Current weight is 190lbs
    Goal weight for feb is - 185lbs

Finally so glad to be here and have all this support and motivation. Hope to give it back but might be tricky for few days as this is my first time in this group and trying to get hang of it all.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Thank you for joining our stepping team Keerti!

With you added in we have completed our Stepping team for February....here is our team as of today.

@BMcC9
    @evangsimmons170
    @GettingFitTash
    @jugar
    @mari_moulin
    @sue_01
    @Astrue
    @micki48
    @willrunformartinis
    @Kittu125

If this is wrong please let me know so I can fix the list.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Team Waistaways.....

We are still in need of a 2nd Team Captain to help @jugar and also a 2nd team Motivator along side @jan110144. If anyone is interested please let me or Liselyn (jugar) know you are able to step up. Thanks.

Mari.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 170.4
    Current Weight: 169.9

My recovery is going well. Pain is gone. Still can't walk for distance yet, but hope to soon!

Thanks for your support!

I don't have a fitness goal for February (yet).
    But I plan to take 2-4 pounds off through upping my NEAT (thanks for the post) and CICO careful tracking.
    Also shooting for 1/2-1 inch off my waist.

I am so happy to hear you are recovering well Andrea. I do hope it goes quickly and that you are soon feeling yourself again. I think upping your NEAT calories burned will be of great help along with CICO to reach your weight goals this month. I am also going to focus a bit more on my NEAT calories.
This discussion has been closed.