WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    I got the invite to the spreadsheet editing in my email. I will be checking it out after supper TONIGHT! .... I PROMISE! (I am good at that kinda stuff so don't anticipate having to call you, @jugar , but will send you a MFP message if I feel I need to call you. What day are you leaving?
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    @jugar

Sorry! Monday holidays always screw me up:

Sun 2/17: 8,912
    Mon 2/18: 2,816
    Tues 2/19: 8,045
    Wed 2/20: 15,104

Thank you!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I got the invite to the spreadsheet editing in my email. I will be checking it out after supper TONIGHT! .... I PROMISE! (I am good at that kinda stuff so don't anticipate having to call you, @jugar , but will send you a MFP message if I feel I need to call you. What day are you leaving?

So, I looked it over, and it seems straightforward enough .... when do I take over bugging people to report, and doing the entering? >:);)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    We are broadening our horizons a bit ... to add variety over the month we will have several options for comments per day .... sooooo for TH---- Thursdays ...... pick one of the following:
    • Thrilling Thursday - what thrills you? what has been really exciting this week, no matter how small?
    • Threat Thursday - what is a threat to your getting fit or eating well? what's your plan?
    • Thrifty Thursday - tips to save a few $$
    • (Heart)throb Thursday - tell us about someone you love. Someone in your family, a friend, a role model, an imaginary person - the sky is the limit.
    • Throwaway Thursday - what are you getting rid of?

also, respond or comment on what others have posted.

• BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    rfiius7tvmyp.jpeg
    Perseverance is the virtuous behavior that overcomes the temptations to quit your goals.

This always makes for a great mindset starting point for any plan to scuttle a THreat to your getting fit or eating well.

What's a practical illustration of what "perseverance" looks like in YOUR life?
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

FEBRUARY WEEK 2 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 91.9 lbs or 0.28%!!

TEAM % LOST[/b]

1st - WaistAways - 0.54%
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 0.45%
    3rd - Trimstones - 0.27%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - WaistAways - 29.3
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 26.0
    3rd - Trimstones - 16.1

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @mulecanter - 3.39%
    2nd - @SaraMakingChanges - 3.36%
    3rd - @CassieGetsFit2013 - 2.60%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @SaraMakingChanges - 7.4
    2nd - @mulecanter - 7
    3rd - @BabeMeister83 - 5.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@Ever_J @Jactop @abowersgirl
    @treebek @BabeMeister83 @Coleen312
    @JenAWhite

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Workout Warriors - 854,342
    2nd - Weight No More - 790,903
    3rd - WaistAways - 666,637
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️ 🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖📖📖

Week 2:

Sun - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Mon - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Tue - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Wed - 💧📖
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 23,046
    Mon - 13,397
    Tue - 14,728
    Wed - 5,708 (hip and leg was really bad, sorry)
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

I've had a pretty good week with the exception of yesterday. I had a bad night with hip and leg pain and spent my day limping around slowly or sitting. I took the boy to the movie theater which is the only reason i went over a little on my food intake (damned m&ms) and as i wasnt able to do a workout i didnt have anything to fall back on. Its ok its just one day. back to my workouts today as my hip and leg is much better this morning.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You guys are rocking it!! Top percentage lost and top pounds lost. Way to go team!!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting mari!
  • BMcC9
    edited February 2019
    Options
    This reflection (from one of my other challenges) would probably fit under "(Potential) Threat Thursday ...
    =======
    gc4crdwqbcnq.jpg

It would be a good idea to sit down and write down what healthy goal you do want most.

What price are you willing to pay to obtain the healthy goal?

If you don't pay the price to obtain that goal...what will be the cost to your health if you let yourself get in your way?

Wisdom is the result of reflection on our experience.

My only caveat would be .... it's not necessarily the chocolate that is " what price are you willing to pay?" so much as the giant size of the bar .... on a daily basis .... (unless chocolate happens to be a trigger food for you as an individual)
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Blackbeautysue

Week 3 weigh in:
    PW- 225.8
    CW- 224.0

I have drank litres, done self care by reading. I’ve walked everywhere.

My weight loss is going down faster but I could do more
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/17 4,369
    2/18 12,185 A record for me!
    2/19 6,420
    2/20 7,032
    2/21
    2/22
    2/23
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2/20 10,011

Getting ready to get in the bed last night and looked at my Fitbit - 9, 977 steps. Just 23 steps away from my goal of 10,000/day. So I put on my slippers and walked through the house until I hit 10,000. The extra 11 was traveling back to the bedroom.
  • micki48
    Options
    Yay team! Great week. I really like the perseverance quote (although, not so much the person to whom it is attributed). But it’s true for me. I can be disciplined for a while, but then slip up or slack off. It’s the perseverance that I need to think about at those times. I might want to stop or not care, but do I really want to give up on the hard work I’ve already done? No, I do not! Thanks for that thought.
  • micki48
    Options
    Heart throb Thursday. This little sweetie has my heart. I’ve mentioned her before so here is a photo of my granddaughter, Juliet.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Heart throb Thursday. This little sweetie has my heart. I’ve mentioned her before so here is a photo of my granddaughter, Juliet.

She is precious!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    cory17
    CW 215.6 :s
  • BMcC9
    Options
    What healthy goal you do want most?: A sustainable active retirement lifestyle with the "hidden payoff" of no need of cholesterol-control meds or late-onset diabetes control meds on the horizon for a long while yet.

What price are you willing to pay to obtain the healthy goal?:
      [*] Continued slow & systematic lifestyle adaptations (been over 20 months so far) that become routine, and will STAY life-long routine as I transition into maintenance this spring.
      [*] Short-term specifics: Sweat more! - up the core training intensity level to tone my tummy and shift "exergame level activity" out of primary and into "active rest days / reward for studying" and "moving meditation" category.

If you don't pay the price to obtain that goal...what will be the cost to your (whole-of-life well-being) health if you let yourself get in your way? :
        [*] In terms of short-term specifics ... stall out on rate of body fat % change while still on the high side
        [*] Over the long term, the amount of time needed "exergaming" for sufficient calorie burn payback will interfere too much with time to do anything else ...
        [*] Then it just becomes an excuse to procrastinate on all other aspects of my life I will want to explore or expand.
        [*] Especially creative activities that will require significant blocks of dedicated time, to make set-up time worth the effort as I dig through the early over-self-critical part of the learning curve.

• Connie7355
        Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
        Options
        micki48 wrote: »

She is beautiful Micki!!
      This discussion has been closed.