Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Calories - were under, then had a late night binge :(
    Water - pretty good
    Exercise - 6 mile run + kickboxing class

Things were well on track yesterday. But then I was insanely hungry after kickboxing class.
    My niece and nephew are coming this afternoon and staying until Sunday. It's going to be a crazy few days. Goals are to stick to the scheduled exercise plan, and avoid eating the kids' junk food.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Calories - were under
    Water - over but still need more coffee
    Exercise -aqua size swimming 130 min

steps- 3269
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    Options
    Hey @sunshineplace , we are so glad you are here. :smile:

You have done an impressive maintaining, health issues and all. I myself have had the experience of paying no attention to diet and exercise and gaining lots of weight in a month.

Here's an article on motivation that might be interesting. It suggests that not being in action is a reason people don't feel motivated. https://jamesclear.com/motivation

"The most important part of any task is starting. If you can’t get motivated in the beginning, then you’ll find that motivation often comes after starting."

It sounds to me like you are already working on this. Starting back with a few key basics (tracking, water & daily checkins) sounds great. Maybe add things back one at a time if needed?
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain you are so right, I also have my own saying..

Habit beats motivatiosn everytime.

Building the righ6t habits allows us to get through the periods were motivation dissappears, and still carry on.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sick again. Ugh!

8305 steps
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in....
    Calories were good.
    Water less than I would like.
    Exercise 9k steps but nothing formal today.

So I tracked and I am checking in. Good place to start. I have enlisted the support of a friend (also on WW) who is feeling like me and we are committing to help each other. I have invited her to our fantastic group but she hasn’t bit yet. Lol.

Thank you @AustinRuadhain for the article (I will read for sure) and for your kind words. Getting started is often the hard part but I can see that the motivation can then follow. @tess5036 thank you as well. Hit home when you said about habit beating motivation every time. I reminded myself this morning to go back to the habits that helped me so much from October to December.

@19shmoo69 what gives? I’m so sorry to hear you are sick again.

Goals for tomorrow. Move more. I feel better when I move. Track my food and check in everyday this weekend. Recall habits that worked for me in the past and do more of that.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I am SO sorry to hear you are sick!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain thank you so very much for that article. I found it extremely insightful and helpful.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I'm so very sick again. Ugh!

8305 steps

I’m so sorry to hear you are sick again! You must be so frustrated!
  • Kres567
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain thank you so very much for that article. I found it extremely insightful and helpful.

I love the articles @AustinRuadhain shares! I’ll be reading it on the train tomorrow during my commute 😊
  • Kres567
    Options
    Thursday check in....
    Calories were good.
    Water less than I would like.
    Exercise 9k steps but nothing formal today.

So I tracked and I am checking in. Good place to start. I have enlisted the support of a friend (also on WW) who is feeling like me and we are committing to help each other. I have invited her to our fantastic group but she hasn’t bit yet. Lol.

Thank you @AustinRuadhain for the article (I will read for sure) and for your kind words. Getting started is often the hard part but I can see that the motivation can then follow. @tess5036 thank you as well. Hit home when you said about habit beating motivation every time. I reminded myself this morning to go back to the habits that helped me so much from October to December.

@19shmoo69 what gives? I’m so sorry to hear you are sick again.

Goals for tomorrow. Move more. I feel better when I move. Track my food and check in everyday this weekend. Recall habits that worked for me in the past and do more of that.

You are so awesome! And you have done so well on your journey and especially since Christmas. I hope you are feeling 100% very soon.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 60 minute interval program on the treadmill

So, I decided to give intermittent fasting a try for the next 50 days to see what will happen. I've been on this 100 day challenge as some of you know and I've lost 3.3 lbs in those 50 days. It's a loss and I'm happy but I really want to crank it up and IF can do it for me, I'm willing to give it try. I'm even going to learn to drink my coffee black. :o:#

Steps
    2/19-8644

Keep us posted on how you find IF. I tried it for a couple of weeks and did okay. Would love to hear how you find it.
  • Kres567
    edited February 2019
    Options
    You know you have fallen off the wagon when you are 105 posts behind! I also broke my 133 day streak. 😫 I am in such a funk these days. I can’t seem to get motivated. I have a beach vacation coming up so that should be motivating but for some reason it isn’t working. Any suggestions? (Ok whining is done....now for the positive.)

Despite my health issues, my poor eating, drinking and exercising habits this last two months, I am by some miracle only up about a half a pound from Christmas Eve. I pick Christmas Eve because that was the day I put on that little black dress and I felt like a million bucks. I want that feeling back again!! So today is a new day.

Here’s where I am going to start....tracking, water and daily check ins. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I’ve been feeling in a funk lately too. I’m starting to think its February and lack of vitamin D. I can’t wait for spring. The good, the bad and the ugly - love it!!! I think I could do a challenge from this - the goof, the bad and the ugly...hmmmm.

Good for you for finding some motivation!
  • Kres567
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Wednesday check in
    Calories - were under, then had a late night binge :(
    Water - pretty good
    Exercise - 6 mile run + kickboxing class

Things were well on track yesterday. But then I was insanely hungry after kickboxing class.
    My niece and nephew are coming this afternoon and staying until Sunday. It's going to be a crazy few days. Goals are to stick to the scheduled exercise plan, and avoid eating the kids' junk food.

Good luck this weekend!
  • Kres567
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Wednesday check in
    Calories - were under
    Water - over but still need more coffee
    Exercise -aqua size swimming 130 min

steps- 3269

Coffee is a theme this week! 🤣

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in:

Calories - under
    Water - equal parts water, coffee
    Exercise - not so much...
    Goal for Friday - Map out for for the weekend
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    You know you have fallen off the wagon when you are 105 posts behind! I also broke my 133 day streak. 😫 I am in such a funk these days. I can’t seem to get motivated. I have a beach vacation coming up so that should be motivating but for some reason it isn’t working. Any suggestions? (Ok whining is done....now for the positive.)

Despite my health issues, my poor eating, drinking and exercising habits this last two months, I am by some miracle only up about a half a pound from Christmas Eve. I pick Christmas Eve because that was the day I put on that little black dress and I felt like a million bucks. I want that feeling back again!! So today is a new day.

Here’s where I am going to start....tracking, water and daily check ins. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I’ve been feeling in a funk lately too. I’m starting to think its February and lack of vitamin D. I can’t wait for spring. The good, the bad and the ugly - love it!!! I think I could do a challenge from this - the goof, the bad and the ugly...hmmmm.

Good for you for finding some motivation!

The vitamin D thing can be real! Dr. put me back on a supplement.
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2/20-10,260
    2/21- 6947
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in:
    Calories - under
    Water - lots
    Exercise - aquasize 120 min
    Goal for Friday -low carb and exercise

steps- 8961
  • Kres567
    Options
    Have a great weekend everyone! I'm bringing back a goodie from the past that @broncobuddee shared once...

su6gc1joyrvh.jpg
This discussion has been closed.