Lets lose ten pounds together! Especially around the waistline and tummy area

Hi everyone, Anyone trying to lose 10 pounds? I currently weigh 131 pounds and would like to be 121 pounds. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Cmcausley
    Cmcausley Posts: 1 Member
    Im in the same boat. Right now I am just focusing on my eating habits and trying to log everything. Slimming the midline is all about food. I would also like some suggestions if anyone has any.

• KiKiKimbro
    KiKiKimbro Posts: 1 Member
    Same with me ... I’ve lost about 27 lbs so far and have about 8 more to go. I keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs the last couple weeks ... ready to break the plateau!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Me too! Just five pounds left to my old weight. But 6cm to lose in my stomach. Not sure why it's so big still. So I might need to lose more than five pounds maybe??
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    I am stuck on 123. I know it will move eventually. I was stuck on 127 forever as well. I do get tired of these "sticky" weights, but I know it just takes patience. Hope you all are doing well!
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Unbelievable. I am still stuck at 123. I sincerely believe there are weights that my body just doesn't want to give up. I suspect I will take a sudden drop when I FINALLY get to 122, but sheesh!
  • elviebird516
    elviebird516 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm currently 130lbs and would like to lose 5 more (10 sounds great but I worry I won't be able to maintain it). I've always gained weight around my middle and after 2 kids with diastasis recti my belly is not my happy place. I do intermittent fasting, HIIT workouts twice a week and 1-3 other cardio or weight sessions. I'm also trying to do exercises to fix my diastasis recti every day. My nemesis right now is snacking... especially on weekends when I'm tempted by all the food my husband has squirreled away in the pantry. Yesterday my snack calories were more than both of my other meals combined. I would love an accountability partner to help me keep my snacking under control. Along with that, I think limiting processed sugar might be the key to getting rid of this mom belly. But I love chocolate so much...
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    I did it! I finally got out of the 123 zone to 122. No joke, I was beginning to wonder if I had just hit a plateau I would never get out of. Today I am 122.0 -- and I'm sure I will bounce up from that, but it certainly was nice to see the scale move. Onward and downward!

The best news is that (knock wood) I think I am acquiring the habit of not snacking at night. I drink my tea, I do something fun, but when dinner is over, eating is over. Of course, I am eating a MASSIVE amount of vegetables every night, so I am genuinely not hungry -- but that has never stopped me from snacking before!

Great job!!! It's hard
  • sabihac7618
    sabihac7618 Posts: 11 Member
    Agefyter18, lunch is my problem meal too. How many calories were you planning on having for lunch?
  • prlkt
    prlkt Posts: 3 Member
    How do I join you?
  • lbride
    Okay, can we agree that MFP was really not designed for people looking to lose less than 10 pounds? I was just informed that, if I continued to eat as I did today, in five weeks I would weigh 111 pounds! Umm... no. At least I hope not!

Agreed, whatever algorithm they use cannot be accurate.
  • lbride
    One more comment as the "waist" area -- I would need to lose 3-4 more lbs to get rid of the "waist" area but by that time, I will have no more boobs!! Cruel joke on women.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Okay, can we agree that MFP was really not designed for people looking to lose less than 10 pounds? I was just informed that, if I continued to eat as I did today, in five weeks I would weigh 111 pounds! Umm... no. At least I hope not!

I wouldn't pay much attention to it. It always always says I'm going to gain weight even when I'm trying to lose. It's pretty inaccurate.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    @elviebird516
    Ditto ..... I feel your pain!
    I've always been pear shaped with a pot belly (my belly is my nemesis probably because I can't see my bum!). 3 kids and days where I consume huge amounts of sugary snacks has not done my body shape any favours.
    Good luck on achieving your goals!
  • sabihac7618
    sabihac7618 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi Krea4, I’m up for competing with you on losing weight! I am 131 pounds and only 5’2”, so any weight past 125 pounds makes me look pudgy. My tummy and love handles are the parts I am trying to lose weight on. Plus it couldn’t hurt to have thinner thighs too! I am posting pics of my tummy and love handles. Do you want to post it too so we can compare who got thinner first?va04567sgfnd.jpeg
    ij83fbqwrgrs.jpeg