Lets lose ten pounds together! Especially around the waistline and tummy area

Options

Replies

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @sabihac7618
    Great.
    I can't post pics from my phone so I'll have to do it tomorrow.
  • stephanieturner0122
    stephanieturner0122 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 & 135 lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been. My weight was previously in the 115-125 lbs range. It's just gotten so hard in my 40s to lose weight & keep it off. If I could lose 10 lbs & keep it off, I'd be content with that. I'm tracking my food & exercise again, because when I don't, I eat too much. I've also got a sit-to-stand desk at work & have been standing much more during the day & also doing lunges & calf raises. I'm trying to squeeze in exercise throughout the day because I'm just not as motivated as I used to be. In the past, I would work out 6-7 days/week, 2 hours/day. Now it's a challenge to do 3 times/week, 30 minutes/day.
  • sabihac7618
    sabihac7618 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, I also have a sit down job, and have a sedentary lifestyle. I started doing 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week using the LesMills app body combat, as I like kickboxing and tai kwando. I heard that it is not very useful to workout 30 minutes a day if I’m sitting around the rest of the day. As I work in a university, I am going to get up 2 or 3 times during the day and walk around campus for a few minutes. I will also walk up 9 flights of steps to my work floor once a day. I only eat 1200 calories a day using this app to count my calories. I am also in my forties and used to weigh 110-120 pounds when I was younger. I hope to get to 125 pounds in 4 weeks!
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey all.. 5'1 125 lbs and looking to be around 115-118 since I really am "skinny fat". I used to be 130 and now stuck in the 125lbs zone.. What I am trying right now is intermittent fasting, as many work outs as possible including home workouts and cardio and most importantly trying to cut back on alcohol.. I do not drink during the week but can finish 2 bottles of wine a gin and tonic and a few beers over fri/sat/sun while entertaining, cooking and hanging out at home which I am positive is the reason why I just cant get rid of the fat.
  • krea4
    Options
    Welcome everyone!

During this last week I've been feeling much more positive. Therefore, I'm making better food choices. So far this month I have done nearly 5 and a half hours of exercise! Now I just need to take better control of my eating!

Proposed format
    02.21: 137.3
    02.28: 137.5 (+0.2)
    03.01: 138.5 (+1.0)
    03.07: 137.5 (-1.0) :)

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    y'all are looking great!!!
  • sabihac7618
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds!raugrn3wl75e.jpeg
  • krea4
    Options
    @sabihac7618
    Well done on losing 2 lbs.
    Although I exercise a lot, I also eat a lot so my loses are always much smaller.
  • happygirly77
    happygirly77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @krea4 Yes - please add me as a friend! I need to lose about 8 lbs. I'm going to start logging all my stuff on here. I have the exercise down - it's the junk food for me.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Joining a bit late. I'm 5'6 and 132 pounds, but would like to get these last few (7-8) vanity pounds off. I workout hard 5 days a week (Orange Theory, Spinning and BootCamp), and walk 6-9 miles per day on the weekends, but I really need to get back into a regular lifting schedule. I was in my best shape ever when I was heavy lifting regularly. But my husband was my lifting partner and he's been kind of blah about it over the past year. It's easy to postpone the lifting workout another day...and suddenly it's been forever. My other issue is my love for weekend wine. I've gotta reign that in if I want to be serious about these last few pounds.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just five pounds left to my old weight. But 6cm to lose in my stomach. Not sure why it's so big still. So I might need to lose more than five pounds maybe??

Just 0.5-1lb to lose now to get to my goal weight, and four cm to lose
  • krea4
    Options
    I've had a really good week or so. Eating has got back into my normal - no overeating/binging.

02.21: 137.3
    02.28: 137.5 (+0.2)
    03.01: 138.5 (+1.0)
    03.07: 137.5 (-1.0)
    03.13: 135.8 (-1.7) :)
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi! 46, 5.1, 116, FT sitting in office, come home to 2 kids 10&12.
    Looking to lose body fat rather than lbs. OTF 2x week, yoga 1x week, elliptical and walk on other days. I’m told to start lifting and do strength work but have no clue.
    Just dumbbells and kettlebell stuff at home. Help!
  • LC20202021
    LC20202021 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'6" 147. Goal is to get to 135. Losing 10lbs would get me very close to goal.
  • sabihac7618
    Options
    Weatherking2019, try LesMills body pump app! They have tons of weight exercise videos to choose from, you will never get bored! I use LesMills body combat as I like karate and kick boxing and have no weights at home!
  • Ginahaigh
    Ginahaigh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 60 years old. 5'2" 125 lb and a very short torso. My legs and arms are skinny but my middle has all the extra weight. Every extra pound goes to my middle. I have gained 5 pounds and my pants do not fit. I have started today and hope to go twelve weeks with logging in food and continue with my exercise. I hope to also add some walks in during the week.
    Who wants to check in each week and encourage each other? My goal is to stay solid until June 15..only 12 weeks
    Who is in with the 12 week challenge?
  • psvetlik
    psvetlik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot and weigh 129 lbs. I would love to lose 10 lbs. Any suggestions would be a great help.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have always eaten a lot of vegetables. That was never the problem. The trouble was from the things I ate in addition to vegetables! Lately, I've been combatting that by increasing the number and variety of veggies I put in my nightly stir fry, as well as the variety of beans. It is almost impossible not to lose weight on a diet of mostly beans and vegetables and, interestingly, if I have nine different vegetables (no joke!) and -- at the moment -- Anasazi beans (which are really nice and not very gassy) with a little dark soy sauce I find I get enough variety of color and flavor and texture that I am not craving that "one little thing more" that used to screw me up. I just thought I'd share!
  • stepladder49
    stepladder49 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this group :)
    A little about me... I am 5'0", very petite frame, currently at 131 lbs.
    My goal is 110-115 lbs. Even though I would probably look best between 105-110, I just know that is not sustainable for me given my LOVE of food and all sweets.
    I am super disappointed because July through about October of 2018 I was maintaining very steadily at 118-120. THEN of course the holidays happened and cookies and treats and take out............ snowball from there!
  • Nic123fitness
    Nic123fitness Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I’m in, I’ve 10-14 to loose. I’m eating pretty well, but obviously too much to be on deficit. All my clothes are too tight!