Lets lose ten pounds together! Especially around the waistline and tummy area

Replies

• amaterasuthird
    amaterasuthird Posts: 24 Member
    Hi everyone, Anyone trying to lose 10 pounds? I currently weigh 131 pounds and would like to be 121 pounds. Any suggestions?

In regards to losing fat in specific areas, I should probably inform you that's impossible. The way it works is you burn fat all over. The idea of targeting a specific area, only applies to muscle building, not burning fat. I hope that information helps you a bit, if you start to get discouraged that you aren't losing weight where you want it. I have the same issue, kinda of. Trying to tone my stomach, unfortunately it just takes time, and eventually when enough fat has been used up all around your body, and you're looking leaner, you'll begin to notice changes in the stomach.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Welcome everybody!
    I think the key to losing weight is being in deficit, through diet and exercise. I do loads ofq exercise (20+ hours so far in March). My downfall is stress eating which I do pretty much constantly - all those unhealthy snacks in addition to my healthy meals.

02.21: 137.3
    02.28: 137.5 (+0.2)
    03.01: 138.5 (+1.0)
    03.07: 137.5 (-1.0)
    03.13: 135.8 (-1.7) :)
    03.24: 135.5 (-0.3)

March has been good so far but still paying for an uncontrolled snack fest that was February (end of Jan I was 134.4). One week to shift that pound and get back on track!

I'm happy to post weekly in a challenge!

• krea4
    All my clothes are too tight!

I was in the exactly the same place in December (139.8). More clothes fit now (but they were my 'fat' clothes), still need to lose another 5 pounds to be comfortable in most of my clothes.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    @krea4
    I think the key to losing weight is being in deficit, through diet and exercise. I do loads of exercise (20+ hours so far in March). My downfall is stress eating which I do pretty much constantly
    Isn't that the truth? I have no trouble doing a lot of aerobic exercise and eating healthy, but it is late night snacking that has been my downfall. I'm eating when I'm not uungry! The good thing about tracking is just accountability for the junk. Recording my meals is really not necessary: they are almost exactly the same and all within what they should be. But then I look up peanuts! Who knew?! Peanuts are terrible! So this process, for me, is learning just how careful I need to be about seemingly small "treats."
  • DanaLynne128
    DanaLynne128 Posts: 21 Member
    Agefyter18 wrote: »
    I'm going to make smarter lunch plans and I MUST back off my evening wine and weekend devil-may-care eating. March is my month. Going to get it done!

Oh, I feel ya, the wine is a killer for me! I'm ready for April though!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Me too! Just five pounds left to my old weight. But 6cm to lose in my stomach. Not sure why it's so big still. So I might need to lose more than five pounds maybe??

It's now just two cm to lose. Weight hasn't budged
  • lagoscarrie
    Huzzah! I finally broke the 120 barrier, after sitting there for almost a month. My body really liked it at 120, but it was at 119.2 this morning! I am nearly where I want to be and dragging out all kinds of spring clothes I haven't looked at in ages because, you know, they were too tight! The biggest thing for me had been: 1) no wine (which is a new change in my life and 2) no late night snacking! (which is still hard, but I'm getting better!)
  • stepladder49
    stepladder49 Posts: 37 Member
    Huzzah! I finally broke the 120 barrier, after sitting there for almost a month. My body really liked it at 120, but it was at 119.2 this morning! I am nearly where I want to be and dragging out all kinds of spring clothes I haven't looked at in ages because, you know, they were too tight! The biggest thing for me had been: 1) no wine (which is a new change in my life and 2) no late night snacking! (which is still hard, but I'm getting better!)

Great job!! You rock!
  • lagoscarrie
    My boobs are leaving. Goodbye boobs! I enjoyed having you while you were around! Sigh. Moral of the story: there is no such thing as selective weight loss.
  • meggiev9
    meggiev9 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I am 5,3 and am currently at 135 (down from my highest ever 149). I would love to lose 20-25 more which is going to be crazy because I haven't weighed 115 in years!
    My biggest problem is I am a senior in college this year and finding the time to workout is so hard. So losing weight solely by eating healthy means I don't have a lot of wiggle room.
  • lagoscarrie
    @meggiev9
    My biggest problem is I am a senior in college this year and finding the time to workout is so hard
    Can I just question your assumption for a minute? Simply walking (or running) out the door and moving outdoors for 30 minutes will assist your efforts enormously and have so many other terrific health benefits. If you took a study break to walk, your brain may be the primary beneficiary: there have been plenty of studies to show that real learning occurs when we give our brain time to process while exercising.
  • coffeeforka
    coffeeforka Posts: 22 Member
    I’m in - albeit a little late! I’m around 135 lbs and at 5’5, with a narrow frame I’d look better at around 120 - 125. Would be delighted to lose 10 lbs. I’m running and aiming to start yoga again.

Struggling with the too tight clothes too!

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    New month, new start.

Last month was a good month. I worked out consistently and have lost a couple of lbs, body fat%. I have a week of beach vacay next week... so gotta up my game. :D

3/13 115.8, 24%
    3/30 112.8, 22.7%
    4/6
    4/13
    4/20
    4/27

• sabihac7618
    sabihac7618 Posts: 11 Member
    Amaturasuthird, I know about losing the all over body fat thingie. I have heard it from MDs, nutritionists, gym trainers, and websites online. What I meant was I was looking for other women who are also looking to lose weight in the tummy area, so we have moral support when we are losing fat all over the body and one day we are like hey, the tummy fat is gone!
  • sabihac7618
    sabihac7618 Posts: 11 Member
    Krea4, how’s the weight loss going for you? I am now 124.8 pounds! 4 more pounds to go!
  • lagoscarrie
    @sabihac7618
    and one day we are like hey, the tummy fat is gone!
    It's true. The tummy is where it seems to show the most. I started losing weight and the tummy started to shrink -- then my boobs disappeared! Oh well. Yesterday I noticed my legs are noticeably slimmer. I wasn't watching them!
  • marlymarly
    marlymarly Posts: 29 Member
    Would love to join this group. Over a stressful 8 months or so I went up from 124 or so to 130ish. Stepped on the scale this morning to see I’m at 134. At 5 ft, and ALL the weight on my tummy. Would like to go back to the 124 at least.
    Trying to walk to work and go to the gym at lunch.
  • krea4
    edited April 2019
    I'm rubbish at logging and keeping under the calorie total. I'm going to try to track and be under budget for more than half of April!

03.01: 138.5
    04.01: 136.7
    04.06: 134.9 (-1.8) :)

• krea4
    Krea4, how’s the weight loss going for you? I am now 124.8 pounds! 4 more pounds to go!
    Well done!
    March has also been successful for me. I'm down about 3.5 lbs. I did over 25 hours of exercise during the month which I was really pleased with! Trying to track and keep under budget for April. This is really hard!

@lagoscarrie
    Like you my boobs are going :(
    Fat always seems to go on my boobs last and come off first! And being a pear shape there's not much there to start with. Thank God for push up, padded bras 😂
  • lagoscarrie
    @krea4
    Thank God for push up, padded bras
    Ain't that the truth! LOL