TEAM: Run Track Minds (March)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello Team Run Track Minds and Welcome to March!!

My name is Tracy @tlgale I will be your captain for this month.

A little about myself...I started my weight loss journey January 2018 and am now 60lbs lighter! I still have a long way to go yet though, about 80lbs. I've been really struggling the past few months with motivation, being lazy and eating garbage has been my thing. I have to put a stop to that this month though because I will end up gaining it all back. My brother is coming to visit sometime after April (anywhere from May to September) and he's agreed to go zip lining with me. It's something I've wanted to do for years but was always over the weight limit. Right now I'm JUST under the limit, but I would like to get as far under as I can (so that I'm less worried I'll break the thing, lol).
    Also, I have a 4 year old son with spastic quad CP and his different abilities and needs are my main motivation for wanting to get the weight off. As he grows and gets heavier, I need to shrink and get stronger!!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month as well.

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Challenge this month: Daily Posts/Ultimate Accountability

First and foremost is that participation in the challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run.
    It is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals or Day: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your weekly weigh in posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier to track.

Welcome to March! Let's all have a great month 😀
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    hi all! a big thank you to whoever created this challenge - I love the inspiration. My name is Susan. I work full time plus and have two grown "children". I have struggled with what I can only categorize as destructive eating patterns and I'm ready to break out of that pattern. I recently started getting into exercise habits and have a lovely elliptical in my living room. I'm looking forward to more success. I do have a questions for you Captain Tracy - my usual weigh in day is Monday. Is that when I enter my weekly weigh in? I'm definitely in for the accountability challenge - I think logging, exercising and staying within allowances is the key to everything - it seems to be working for me anyway so why not challenge myself to continue. Looking forward to getting to know you. Susan
  • tlgale
    Options
    hi all! a big thank you to whoever created this challenge - I love the inspiration. My name is Susan. I work full time plus and have two grown "children". I have struggled with what I can only categorize as destructive eating patterns and I'm ready to break out of that pattern. I recently started getting into exercise habits and have a lovely elliptical in my living room. I'm looking forward to more success. I do have a questions for you Captain Tracy - my usual weigh in day is Monday. Is that when I enter my weekly weigh in? I'm definitely in for the accountability challenge - I think logging, exercising and staying within allowances is the key to everything - it seems to be working for me anyway so why not challenge myself to continue. Looking forward to getting to know you. Susan

@ScarletBegonias27 Hi and welcome to the team!
    If your weigh-in day is Monday than yes that will be when you weigh in, and your first one will be March 4th :smile:
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m happy to be here!! I’ve had past success on mfp and took a very long couple cocky years break and gained 30 lbs back..and now I’m in my 3rd wk back into logging and being conscious of what I eat and do. I’ve lost 5 lbs so far so that feels promising. I’m 5’4” with a short waist so it feels like I don’t carry my weight well so my goal is to reduce my waist and stomach size so I can wear the shorts I own this summer. I’d like to develop my arms too.
    I’m challenged by exercising so this accountability challenge will be both good and dreaded by me- but I’m going to do it! I have fitbit if anyone wants to add me just message me or add me as a pal on here. I’m generally pretty positive but this healthy lifestyle change can get the best of me at times!
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm back....trying to keep going. Started this weight loss journey on 02.01.2019, I have a huge target but would like to hit my target weight by December so need to stay focused! Looking forward to chatting to you all in the next month.
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    redrob1966 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Rob from England. I have been in this group for several months now and looking forward to a better 2019. I spend a lot of time in the car which isnt helping my progress. i am looking at reducing calories to 1800 but tried that end of last year bad timing my end. I am currently in training for extreme events i have competed in events such as the pathfinder march 46 miles in 20 hour time limit and the grim reaper which was 40 in 20. i am also registered for the samphire 100 in 32 hours. would like to lose a good amount of weight to help in my time as i would rather not take 32 hours so the more weight i lose im hoping this will aid me in achieving this. I am looking to join the mini challenges this year in activity and calories to help me stick to the plan.

good luck to all new and existing team mates from previous months.

Rob
    Rob - I can relate to the driving challenge. I work 75 miles from my home. I don’t go there every day but I do a lot of driving regardless.
  • b_magill
    b_magill Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Becky, and I hate running. I used to like it, but steroids and autoimmune disease left me with about 100 extra pounds. I've lost about 27 of those. I've got a toddler, two dogs, and a husband.
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    b_magill wrote: »
    Week: March Week 1
    PW =274.6
    CW=273.6

Not bad, given that I've eaten like crap this week (3 snow days stuck inside with a toddler meant all the baking!)

I think that’s great! Imagine what you can do in better weather! Well done!

• tlgale
    edited March 2019
    Options
    b_magill wrote: »
    Week: March Week 1
    PW =274.6
    CW=273.6

Not bad, given that I've eaten like crap this week (3 snow days stuck inside with a toddler meant all the baking!)

@b_magill This will actually be your Feb week 4. I've copied it there for you.
    March doesn't officially start until Sunday the 3rd. :smile:
    Awesome loss as well!!!
  • redrob1966
    redrob1966 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This will be my third month of this challenge, and I'm really enjoy it so far.
    I'm Jenni, I'm 37, and from the UK. I started my 'health' journey in May 2018 when I hit 341.5lbs, and was on my way to becoming a recluse. I couldn't walk more than half a mile without real pain, and was basically eating myself to death.
    I'm now at 254lbs, and last month I jogged for the first time since I was a kid. I'm starting at 30 second bursts on a treadmill, but this month I'm hoping to get that up to 45 seconds. My aim for the month is to drop below 250lbs, but I'm a little nervous as I'm going on holiday for two weeks to a place where you get the most delicious free tapas with every beverage you buy (regardless of whether its diet coke or something a bit more interesting). It will be my first proper 'real-life' challenge to my eating habits that isn't connected to my mental health. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes...

You got this @bigchangeneeded concentrate on the little things and big things will happen. :)
This discussion has been closed.