Options

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Nada!! I hurt my knee again and I'm out for at least a few days to try to get it back to where it doesn't hurt to move. :/

Steps: As I posted above I will not be getting many steps in so I will just have to catch up to y'all on the trail when I can. Someone toss some breadcrumbs or M&M's so I can find you. :D:D

3/5-7505

Oh dear, that sounds very painful I hope you feel better soon.
    @digger61 So sorry you are also suffering, and that it can be repaired quickly and easily for you

I think we need a virtual recouperation lounge where we can look after you both!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Wednesday Check In

Water: probably under
    Exercise: 40 minute power walk on my treadmill

Steps - over 11K. I'll post on the spreadsheet a little later

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. More water
    2. Pre-plan my meals
    3. My son has hockey tomorrow night so we are eating on the run. really need to make a good choice.

Great stepping, Jen! Eating on the run is SO hard. I have a few places in my back pocket for times like that and have figured out over time which items I can usually be OK with at the end of a day. I'll have one of those times tonight between a work event and a church event with no time to do anything but pull through a drive through. Hope we both make wise choices! You think of me when ordering, and I'll think of you. Deal?
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Steps for 3/6 = 8,770
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday:

Calories: over. :(
    Water: on track
    Exercise:11500 steps. Not bad!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Calories; under
    Water; over
    Exercise;120 mins aquasize
    today goals: get more walking in have not hit my step goal this week. Weights (light have to be careful) Keep my carbs under 20 grams
    time to finish my coffee and go on my . Next week I san go outside to walk going to be about -2 c instead of -20 c
    Hope everyone has a great day
    steps- 4/3 -7577
    5/3 -6478
    6/3 -7147
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Can I still join the step challenge? We need to get @19shmoo6919 his coffee.

3/1 - 15,200
    3/2 - 15,796
    3/3 - 12,595
    3/4 - 9,468
    3/5 - 13,371
    3/6 - 17,089

Wednesday check in
    Tracked: yes
    Water: under
    Exercise: 45 min treadmill with light weights

Tomorrow's plan: plan, track and move
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,580 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Food: on plan, under calories
    Water: over
    Exercise: martial arts class

Steps for 03/06 - 3,459
    Steps for 03/05 - 3,457

Thursday Plans
    1. Food on plan
    2. Water - keep drinking lots
    3. Exercise - long walk (knee is feeling better and it warned up - yay!); practice martial arts forms (struggling with some, need to practice)
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »

3/1 - 15,200
    3/2 - 15,796
    3/3 - 12,595
    3/4 - 9,468
    3/5 - 13,371
    3/6 - 17,089

Wednesday check in

All set, much to the excitement of @19shmoo69
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »

3/1 - 15,200
    3/2 - 15,796
    3/3 - 12,595
    3/4 - 9,468
    3/5 - 13,371
    3/6 - 17,089

Wednesday check in

Excellent! Coffee is coming soon! Those steps will surely help! Welcome to our Trail Family! Known on the AT as Tramily!!!

• embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Oh, how do I join the step challenge? My Fitbit is finally charged up thanks to my dear Mum, my charger is awol.
  • embersdream
    Options

tess5036 wrote: »
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I am after a bit of inspiration as my morale is very low at realising only last week exactly how much I weigh. I think it has finally got to me. I need it gone. I had to be part of a public artist talk on the weekend for a show Im in and it was hard to look at the photos. I feel like I am meeting a lot of new people at the moment but feels like they dont know who I am because no one can "see" me if you know what I mean. the weight is hiding me. I happy at this point to lose 32 lbs. But wishing I could do it in 3 months , but no idea if thats reasonable.

Those pictures may be exactly the motivation you need to get this done! Every time you start to give in to whatever your food weakness is at the moment (mine right now is donuts because I know they will be at the meeting I have to attend today), remember those pictures and how you do not want to feel that way anymore. One thing these last two years has taught me is, every little thing can be a step in the right direction. Also, we didn't gain our weight in a few months, so it may take a bit to get rid of it. When I was working the hardest though, I did lose 20 lbs in 3 months. The main thing is to make the lifestyle changes that will allow you to KEEP it off, and lifestyle changes take time. @AustinRuadhain has shared some wonderful resources on the topic of building small habits. My recommendation to you would be to make those small changes, track everything (good or bad), be honest with yourself, look for ways throughout the day to increase moving your body, and DO NOT QUIT. You may surprise yourself how well you can do!

I'll second what @UTMom81 said, those pictures may be a blessing in disguise giving you a kick in the right direction. I know I was used to hate photographs of myself, you can do this and get to a point where you will feel happy with the photographs you see, or at least a lot less uncomfortable looking at them. It's not easy, something I sometimes do if I think I'm hungry is a step back and look at what I want to eat and then think do I need this or do I just want it. If I just want it, then I don't need it, so usually refrain from eating it with the thought ' what is most important a few mouthfuls of this food or to get fit and healthy again'
    We're all here for you and we know that you can do it

Thanks so much for your insight.
    Yes those photos!! After my second baby came I used my post baby picks to get in shape , it took me 6 months to lose the 40 odd pounds I was carrying . I am 10 years older now, hormone changes, most of my work m/study day is sedentary and I have chronic fatigue after having Epstein barr virus. So often get heart palpitations etc . My health hasn’t been great and it’s in some ways a blessing because it means I can’t have any naughty foods really. My greatest wish is that I didn’t have chronic fatigue but I never give in to how bad it can get, ever.
    Like I mentioned before I just need to find a way to fit in the exercise, that’s the weak spot, I do walk in my break at uni. I need to start running again perhaps and I need to get into the gym more than once a week, ideally 4 . I must admit I am embarrassed about being in the gym , self conscious.

• embersdream
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily check in: Monday
    Exercise: none
    went to aquasize class today
    I went to see my surgeon on Monday I have a hernia and can not go back to work until it is repaired

I'm so sorry about your latest news from your doctor @digger61. I hope you are able to get in quickly??

@digger61 hope your hernia repairs fast!
  • embersdream
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Calories; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 30 mins core training, 35 mins spin, 60 mins BodyCombat, rowing, treadmill
    Tomorrow Light day

Steps; 12,128

That is a damn good effort @tessa5036 super inspiring!!!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Oh, how do I join the step challenge? My Fitbit is finally charged up thanks to my dear Mum, my charger is awol.

Just starting reporting step counts here in our team thread. :) We'll add you to the stepper section on our team tab
    at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uj1qTpBTlPo5T5Weqy47sOjWzXA4OPME_Fyytorsa_o/edit#gid=2032789470
  • tess5036
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I am after a bit of inspiration as my morale is very low at realising only last week exactly how much I weigh. I think it has finally got to me. I need it gone. I had to be part of a public artist talk on the weekend for a show Im in and it was hard to look at the photos. I feel like I am meeting a lot of new people at the moment but feels like they dont know who I am because no one can "see" me if you know what I mean. the weight is hiding me. I happy at this point to lose 32 lbs. But wishing I could do it in 3 months , but no idea if thats reasonable.

Those pictures may be exactly the motivation you need to get this done! Every time you start to give in to whatever your food weakness is at the moment (mine right now is donuts because I know they will be at the meeting I have to attend today), remember those pictures and how you do not want to feel that way anymore. One thing these last two years has taught me is, every little thing can be a step in the right direction. Also, we didn't gain our weight in a few months, so it may take a bit to get rid of it. When I was working the hardest though, I did lose 20 lbs in 3 months. The main thing is to make the lifestyle changes that will allow you to KEEP it off, and lifestyle changes take time. @AustinRuadhain has shared some wonderful resources on the topic of building small habits. My recommendation to you would be to make those small changes, track everything (good or bad), be honest with yourself, look for ways throughout the day to increase moving your body, and DO NOT QUIT. You may surprise yourself how well you can do!

I'll second what @UTMom81 said, those pictures may be a blessing in disguise giving you a kick in the right direction. I know I was used to hate photographs of myself, you can do this and get to a point where you will feel happy with the photographs you see, or at least a lot less uncomfortable looking at them. It's not easy, something I sometimes do if I think I'm hungry is a step back and look at what I want to eat and then think do I need this or do I just want it. If I just want it, then I don't need it, so usually refrain from eating it with the thought ' what is most important a few mouthfuls of this food or to get fit and healthy again'
    We're all here for you and we know that you can do it

Thanks so much for your insight.
    Yes those photos!! After my second baby came I used my post baby picks to get in shape , it took me 6 months to lose the 40 odd pounds I was carrying . I am 10 years older now, hormone changes, most of my work m/study day is sedentary and I have chronic fatigue after having Epstein barr virus. So often get heart palpitations etc . My health hasn’t been great and it’s in some ways a blessing because it means I can’t have any naughty foods really. My greatest wish is that I didn’t have chronic fatigue but I never give in to how bad it can get, ever.
    Like I mentioned before I just need to find a way to fit in the exercise, that’s the weak spot, I do walk in my break at uni. I need to start running again perhaps and I need to get into the gym more than once a week, ideally 4 . I must admit I am embarrassed about being in the gym , self conscious.

Don't be embarassed being at a gym... I was the same nearly two years ago, I thought everyone else would be in shape and thinking bad thoughts about me. I'm now one fo the regulars, and can tell you that most people will not notice you as they are too ficused on thier own work out, and those that do will have great respect for you because we know how hard work it is and how difficult it can be as a lot of us were in that position as well.
  • tess5036
    Options
    Thursdasy check in
    Caliries; over, but they alays are on my rest days, however I kept the carbs in check so I am happy (Rest days I go over as on heavy work out days I end up a long way under, so it evens out)
    Water; over
    Exersize; nothing really, some walking but thats all
    Tomorrow; Back to the cardio

Steps, I had to put the fitbit on to charge and forgot to retrieve it before goong out, so it only shows 2,518
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in

WW points: I used some of my extra weekly points. When I’m not feeling well I don’t plan well and tend to eat and track later thereby using more points than I would like. Doesn’t help that I am not up to exercising so I haven’t been earning extra points for the weekend. This could be a problem. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Water good but not great.
    Exercise: Nothing formal but managed

12,335 steps

Goals for tomorrow: Plan meals better so I don’t overspend my points. Water, water, water.
This discussion has been closed.