March 2019 group?

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Week 9 run 2 complete. Was a bit easier this time. Distance was almost 2.5 miles.
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    Children are back to their normal selves thankfully. They were so cranky when sick. But all good now and back in school.
    W5 D2 done on Saturday and W5 D3 this morning. I am finding the 8 minute runs long. I need better music I think. Something to distract me!
    Well done on getting to W9 R2 @emmamcgarity. You must be nearly finished. W8 R3 is the last run for me. Once I get that far (and I will eventually) I will keep doing the last one over until I get a bit faster.
  • emmamcgarity
    Yes I have one run left. I plan to just keep running at the end of the 30 minutes until I reach the 3 mile marker on the track which is approximately 5k. I think an extra 5 minutes will make the distance
  • emmamcgarity
    Did week 9 run 3 last night for 2.5 miles. Not yet to 5k but will continue a few times each week until I accomplish the distance
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Did week 9 run 3 last night for 2.5 miles. Not yet to 5k but will continue a few times each week until I accomplish the distance

Congrats on finishing! Do you have an official event in mind to run?
  • emmamcgarity
    I’ll likely sign up for one after Easter sometime. Too many personal commitments to manage until then
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Congratulations @emmamcgarity well done!

I finally got back out today and in freezing UK rather than Portugal. Week 5 day 1 done, my lungs hurt from the cold air!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Trying another UK run after lunch, fearing it a bit ha ha ha
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Back on it. Finished week 2 day 1 today. It is humid here today!
  • Coffeeonice
    Congratulations @emmamcgarity! Well done on finishing it. It is a great achievement!
    I have finished W6 R1. Was hoping to do W6 R2 today but it is so cold and very wet. We will see. I am all over the place for 10 days from Tuesday so I won't fit any sessions in. So I really want to get another one in before I go.
  • Coffeeonice
    I did it. W6 R2 done. I was soaked and nearly blown away but I did it!
    Well done on getting back to it @jcraig10.
  • jcraig10
    W2D2 done. The last 2 jogging sections I felt like I could go a little more so that is a good feeling. Where I run is both uphill, downhill, and flat so a great variation...but I must say I am so happy when I get to the downhill lol!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,353 Member
    W1D2 down - found a disused coast road that's been cordoned off and disused for about 10 years to run on... a good place for Zombies Run as it looks like a scene from The Last of Us - how quickly nature takes over. Stunning view of the bay too
  • Coffeeonice
    W6 R3 for me yesterday. I managed the 15 min run, then 3 min walk but I could only do 2.5 of the last five minute run. I couldn't push myself any more. Last week was 20 mins run too but it was split into two 10 min blocks and I could just about do it. It was also very warm yesterday so that didn't help either. So I will repeat W6 R3 until I can do it and then I will move on. I am happy to repeat any weeks that I need to. The aim is to finish and for the first time ever I believe I will finish it.
    Well done @jcraig10. It's great that you feel you can go a little more.
    And well done @VanVanDiane. Repeat as often as you need to. I will probably repeat lots from here out but it is all good exercise!
  • VanVanDiane
    Glorious day today - went for W1D3 in the local forest - and discovered they do a 5k parkrun which was on this morning. Something to keep in mind when we're ready!
  • jcraig10
    @pratainua nice work! Great idea to keep repeating...no rush!

Finished W2D3 and added a little extra since I’m not sure when I’ll be able to start week 3 my schedule is a little funky the next week.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    After a month off, I ran on Friday, repeated w3d1. Was actually faster than the last time I did it. (I've been riding my bike a lot!)
  • VanVanDiane
    W1D4 done - redoing week to avoid further injury
  • Coffeeonice
    edited April 2019
    Well done @Just_Ceci and @VanVanDiane. I think it is better to repeat and complete it safely than the keep moving ahead.
    I repeated W6 R3 on 21 Apr and this time I finished it - just about!
    I hope to do W7 R1 today. It's 20 mins running with no break. I hope I can do it.