LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I've never heard about using sprite before. That's pretty cool!
    There is a youtuber I watch (Guga Foods) that cooks A LOT of meat and does experiments sometimes and he's found that using ground up fresh pineapple tenderizes in about an hour. I want to try it out... if I ever remember to get a pineapple :P lol

Here ya go, here's a video of him trying different techniques on a cheaper cut of meat to see which is best.
    https://youtu.be/dfjIIK6qt-g

He has other videos where he experiments w/ different methods too.
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I’m a fan of red meat of all kinds. A few years ago I was diagnosed with severe iron anemia and DH instituted steak night and I LOVE it. It’s tonight! Can’t wait.

Hope all is better now that AF is here - man, she’s disruptive!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I think the key to any tenderizing is sugar ---that is what breaks it down. So the pineapple's natural sugars would totally do the trick.

Now I want meat :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Pineapple marinade sounds delicious, I wonder if canned crushed pineapple in it's own juice would work just as good?
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Pineapple as a tenderizer sounds interesting. I heard about the sprite trick as my Korean friends use that to tenderize the meat before they use it for Korean BBQ. Your AF came too? Not sure why but AF came 2x this month for me :( Have a good weekend <3
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Not sure if canned would work. I'm sure there is still some of the chemical that tenderizes so it could work, but maybe not as well and not as fast as fresh?
    Anywho... I'll try it out eventually.

AF cravings are hitting me HARD though. Hotdogs and cheese is all I want and I broke my dairy free trial just a little while ago. I was craving cheese BAD. Like an actual craving, it was all I could think about lol.
    I also felt like a bottomless for dinner.
    I fixed the chicken wings. Wasn't enough.
    So I made some hotdogs.. ate FOUR.... wasn't enough, but I controlled myself at least a little bit and didn't have anything else.

Also with my hotwings... I had A LOT of hot sauce on them and I'm pretty sure it triggered my body to poop lol. About an hour later I got bloated and extreme stomach gurgles and well... a trip to the bathroom.

/shrugs

It's all a weird journey!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    No... what works in pineapple (kiwifruit and papaya) are particular enzymes, and the canning process kills them. It's the same reason why you can put canned pineapple into jello but if you put fresh pineapple in jello it won't set.

And there's your daily dose of trivia!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Ah welp... there ya go lol
    Thanks for the info!

I am failing like crazy at no dairy right now. I'm not even worrying about it b/c these cravings are crazy. I guess I'm lucky it's not for something worse. Although it feels bad b/c we don't have crap for dairy other than some shredded stuff, butter and sour cream... so... I made myself some sour cream w/ monk fruit in it lol. Just tastes like that fruit dip on fruit trays. Actually pretty tasty!
    I'm buying some heavy cream and cream cheese tomorrow and I swear.... it's the only thing I want to eat right now. ALL the dairy. ALL OF IT
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself <3 Whenever AF comes, I will give in when I crave something coz if I don't I will grazing around and that adds up more calories. So, I will just satisfy my cravings and its will be all good.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not really beating myself about it. Enjoying my dairy and will try no dairy again.
    I had so much yesterday though. So much. colby jack cheese sticks, heavy cream & whipping cream mixed with cream cheese, SF orange water flavoring and vanilla. I wanted chocolate but settled for that.
    More cream cheese with dinner. I could've eaten more too, but figured I shouldn't lol.
    Thankfully cravings have calmed down a lot now. It must've just been my body wanting fat and salt maybe? I'm really not sure.
    The salt I can understand since during that time your body is flushing itself out.

Anywho... feeling ok now. A bit more tired than usual for obvious reasons, but overall not too bad.
    Cold I think is gearing up to finally go away. In that coughing to clear the lungs of all the mucus, stage. My kids went through that and then were all better so hopefully it will be the same for me.

Aaaand yeah. Not really much going on around here. Same old same old.
    I think I'm definitely going to start some weight training again tomorrow.
    I haven't really been hyping myself up to want to do it... it just feels like the right time to start. /shrugs
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    So... NOT exercising this morning.
    Daughter has a stomach bug. She either got it from a Mexican restaurant they went to after church or at the church function last night.
    All 3 kids have nasty poop, but she's the only one throwing up.
    It all started at 1:30am last night and she was up every 30min until around 4am... then it was about every 1hr. My poor baby looks like a 7yo zombie right now :(
    Will be keeping her home tomorrow too.
    I'm the a-- of a parent that sends kids off to school with a cold, but stomach bugs are a whole other story. I do NOT want this to be passed on to other kids or teachers if this is contagious.

Even with caffeine I feel like a zombie this morning too. Tack on that my older son wanted to come lay in bed with us too so I was stuck trying to get comfortable and just ended up laying on the floor. We need a cot for moments like this lol. I could've laid on the couch or recliner in the living room, but our dogs sleep in the sunroom and they would've sat at the door whining at me all night (it's happened before).

I dunno what it is about lack of sleep and wanting to eat but I definitely want to eat. I already had some pork rinds and about to go heat up some leftovers. Maybe a stress response to it? /shrugs

I just really hope no one else comes down with it. My 2 boys just throw up where they are, so it's going to be a giant mess if they get it and I can not come down with it right now b/c DH can't miss work for the next 2 weeks (important crap at work).
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Oh dear hoping everyone feels better soon.....There are a lot of nasty bugs going on right now.... *hugs* <3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Oh no.. ❤️❤️❤️ Sending over lots of quick healing vibes ❤️❤️❤️ Take care 💓💓💓
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Daughter was sick the majority of yesterday, but thankfully was better by the end of the day and wanted to eat a little. Keeping her home an extra day just to be sure she's ok and that she's not contagious or anything.
    Boys are fine too so far.
    This just sort of reaffirms my choice to not go to these food gatherings. Especially after DH told me he was going to go up for 2nds at it, but then saw people in line eating from the trays. Like... EW!! WTH is wrong with some people?? I'm positive they all got sick from whatever they ate from the church thing. DH said they all ate the same dessert.
    I know WE are sanitary when it comes to food we make for social stuff, but you just can NOT trust other people to have the same standards or nasty people thinking it's ok to double dip and whatnot contaminating the whole dish. Just... yuck. I don't care if that makes me sound like a germaphobe. People can be disgusting.
    WHEW! Rant over! lol

That was a very long day though. Yeesh. It did not help my stress levels and did not help this dang cold.
    Coughing up lung snot constantly. By mid day it was actually hurting my chest b/c I had been deep coughing to try to clear my lungs of the gunk.
    It is getting better though. Just feels like it's taking forever.

Sleep was a lot better last night. Zonked out early. Did wake a few times in a coughing fit but oh well.

Food yesterday was ok, but I'm pretty sure I bloated up b/c I tried the dip DH made. It has some non-canivore stuff in it. Like A LOT of hot sauce, ranch dressing and some green onion and I'm up 4lbs from Sunday and that's the only thing that has really been any different. Might've just been the salt in the dish that is causing it though. Not feeling any sort of extra stomach rumblings or anything.

And yeah... just wishing this cold would leave already! lol
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. I still have my irritating cough from bronchitis early in January....This cold rain that TN keeps getting sure isn't helping anything....lots of peeps are sick....gross just gross....

Feel better :)
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Oh, no! Sounds dire - hope you all get well soon!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Sending over lots of quick healing vibes ❤️❤️❤️
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Thanks yall.
    Really nothing much to report here.
    Still sick. Still coughing up a lung.
    Unfortunately it messed with my sleep last night. Waking up coughing and coughing and coughing some more.
    It is getting better, just slowly.

And yeah.... that's pretty much it.
    I really did want to start exercising this week, but with this coughing, it's not happening. HOPEFULLY by next week I'll be well enough to start.
    I think my diet is on point, BUT being so sedentary isn't helping me in any way. Hopefully once I really start getting in to it, I'll start seeing better results soon.
    And I am REALLY going to push myself too. I am doing this for myself, BUT I also want to be a good role model for my kids :)
  • Morena_2020
    edited February 2020
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    And I am REALLY going to push myself too. I am doing this for myself, BUT I also want to be a good role model for my kids :)

Attagal! You’ve got this. In the meantime, just be patient and caring of your sick body.

• jadepearl
    Options
    Hey, get better first. Being sick is just terrible <3<3<3 Sending over lots of quick healing vibes <3 Once you are back to pink health, then, up onto the wagon you will go and try try again :smiley: