Lose 10 pounds by summer!

Options
joy_125
joy_125 Posts: 8 Member
I'm looking for a few buddies to work on losing 10 pounds by summer with. My diary is open, and I could use some accountability and can do the same for you. Maybe a daily or weekly check-in?

Replies

• stepladder49
    stepladder49 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I’m in! I would like to lose 10 lbs by around Memorial Day
  • LC20202021
    LC20202021 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Would love a weekly check-in. By Memorial day would be perfect for me too!
    SW - 145.6
    GW - 135
    A pound a week would be awesome.
  • mfpdlc75
    mfpdlc75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Looking to get started again after a maintenance break. Memorial day is late may?
  • joy_125
    Options
    I'm hoping for 10 pounds by June 2nd (1 pound/week). What are you ladies doing other than tracking calories?

SW - 139
    GW - 129
  • wm6810
    wm6810 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well (though I do want to lose more than 10, it's a start)
    SW: 164
    GW: 122-130
  • LC20202021
    Options
    I do Intermittent fasting and HIIT couple of days a week. I plan to up my activity level in the coming weeks.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I’m aiming to have ten pounds off by June 2nd, so I’m in!

CW ~152
    GW 142

I do strength training with dumbbells and bodyweight work three times a week and fit in cardio when I can. I prefer running or hiking and am hoping to get to it more often now that the weather is getting nice. I also have a 15k daily step count I try to meet as often as possible.
  • joy_125
    Options
    spa411 wrote: »
    I do Intermittent fasting and HIIT couple of days a week. I plan to up my activity level in the coming weeks.

I'm thinking about trying IF as well. Are you doing 16/8? What time to you begin eating each day? How do you handle the hunger pangs?
  • LC20202021
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Wanted to log my weight for this week.

I weigh-in on Mondays. And that is pretty hard to do - but keeps me on track over the weekend. Whatever strategies worked for the previous 10 lbs loss don't seem to work very well anymore. Need to change things up a bit.

This week I aim to increase cardio to 120 minutes and track everything I eat.

SW 145.6
    3/25 - 145.2
    4/1 -
    4/8 -
    4/15 -
    4/22 -
    4/29 -
    5/6 -
    5/13 -
    5/20 -
    5/27 (Memorial Day!) -
  • stepladder49
    Options
    I have lived in my apartment complex for almost four years and have yet to feel comfortable enough to enjoy the pool! I say this every year but SERIOUSLY - this. is. the. year!
    Also, my bf and I booked vacation over the weekend - leaving June 12 - totally doubles my motivation.

Height - 5'0" (barely LOL)
    SW on 3/25 - 129
    GW - 115 I think would be ideal, but 120 with muscle is A-OK for me too ;)

I am very curious about IF, I feel like I was doing something wrong when I tried it a few weeks ago. It's weird because I don't have issues with hunger, it's more that I can't fit all of my calories in 8 hours without feeling like I'm stuffing myself. For example, if my eating window is 12-8 pm, I have no issues waiting till noon to eat, snacks throughout the day then dinner around 6 or 7... usually 200-300 calories below my goal but I honestly could not eat more before I'm stuffed. THEN I'm starving around 9 or 10 pm. I hope this makes sense lol. Anyway, it may just mean IF is not for me, but curious as to others' experiences with IF.

As for what I eat - I eat "paleo" aka dairy and grain-free about 80% of the time, but treat myself to burgers and beer on Saturdays haha! Occasionally some rice as well.

After about ......... oh gosh, 6 months..... off from the gym, I JUST started working out again about a week ago. Lifting weights, HIIT on the treadmill, lots of slow walking at an incline, trying to get back into Bodypump as well.

On a final note - you ladies rock and I love this community oh so much! Hugs and have a great week!
  • stepladder49
    Options
    **I'm silly - just realized I contradicted myself when I said I had no issues with hunger on IF then said I was starving... eye roll at myself! Sorry y'all!
  • LC20202021
    Options
    IF has been great for me. Its not a 'diet plan' anymore - I can see myself living this way long term. I cannot skip breakfast. So I skip dinner. After lunch I have a snack at around 2pm. I'm good till next morning. You get used to this way of eating.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm hoping to be down 10lbs by June 6th, since I'll be going on vacation. I'm trying to lose 1lb a week, so 10lbs by Memorial Day is pushing it for me.

SW: 155
    GW: 130

3/25: 151.5
    4/1 -
    4/8 -
    4/15 -
    4/22 -
    4/29 -
    5/6 -
    5/13 -
    5/20 -
    5/27 (Memorial Day!) -
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I’ve tried IF, but I got pretty bad headaches when I was doing it. My friend does really well with it though so it’s definitely a good option for some people. I do okay with basic CICO so long as I pay attention to protein levels. This past week was a pretty nice cheat/refeed/mini diet break so I’m in today with renewed vigor.

A bit of annoyance today, I went and bought a couple of 30lb dumbbells this morning because I need an increase in weight for a lot of my leg work, but then I was playing on the playground with my kids and twinged my neck crossing the monkey bars. 🤦🏼‍♀️ So I may have to modify some of my exercises tonight.
    vla246 wrote: »
    Another day relatively on track!! I hope you guys don't mind me checking in like this.
    Awesome job! 💪🏻

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm still trying to unload 10 pounds I picked up when I broke my leg Memorial Day 2018! How am I going to accomplish this? I'm currently running 3 days/week on my treadmill, so now I'm going to take my dogs on a run many days a week, walk with them the rest, and add in yoga.

SW 3/25 - 157.4
    4/1 -
    4/8 -
    4/15 -
    4/22 -
    4/29 -
    5/6 -
    5/13 -
    5/20 -
    5/27 (Memorial Day!) -
  • stepladder49
    Options
    vla246 wrote: »
    Another day relatively on track!! I hope you guys don't mind me checking in like this.

Not at all and great job!
  • stepladder49
    Options
    @LadySaton Nice! I do well with CICO too.

Sorry to hear about the neck injury! Hope you get better soon :smile:
  • stepladder49
    Options
    spa411 wrote: »
    IF has been great for me. Its not a 'diet plan' anymore - I can see myself living this way long term. I cannot skip breakfast. So I skip dinner. After lunch I have a snack at around 2pm. I'm good till next morning. You get used to this way of eating.

Interesting and good for you!! I have SUCH A HARD TIME (read: impossible) going to bed with a grumbly tummy so for me, skipping breakfast is super easy. Plus I don't really have an appetite in the morning.
  • joy_125
    Options
    You ladies are inspiring me to keep going! I've been feeling so overwhelmed lately, I'm wondering how to keep the motivation for weight loss up. Any suggestions for how to keep going when life is busy and you're exhausted?
  • amn0619
    amn0619 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm just getting back to MFP and browsing the forums. I've gained about 15 pounds over the last two years and working to get back down, trying MFP to help get there. My birthday is 6/19 and I decided this weekend that I'd love to hit that goal by then. Finding this forum couldn't have come at a better time!

Current weight - 148.8 lbs. I'm 5'6" tall.
    Goal weight - in the mid 130's (not sure where I'll settle, want to see how I feel when I get there)