SHRINKING ASSETS - APRIL 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME SHRINKING ASSETS!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the April Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the April Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @MelissaFeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for APRIL. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am a 54 year old mother of 3 and grandmother of 2. I started this journey in December 2018 but I was still actively binging so I was still gaining weight. I joined this group in February and i started on my weight loss journey.

SW 262.8
    CW 239.6

April goal 230
    Ultimate goal 160

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    This is my third month on the challenge, I'm Australian, mum to a 13 yr old.

My stats:
    169cm / 5'7'
    40 years
    Highest Weight: 263.5lbs/119.5kg (Sunday 27th January 2019)
    Current Weight: 233.9 lbs /106.1kg
    April Challenge Start Weight: 237.4lbs /107.7kg (Monday, 25th March)
    April Challenge Goal Weight: 225lbs /101kg

Additional April goals: work on making my exercise more of a "habit" so it comes naturally without thought.
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd month on the challenge, I'm 31 years old from the Bay Area

5’1”
    Started MFP on 12/1/18: 172.6 lbs
    Current Weight 3/30/19: 153.3 lbs (19.3 lbs)
    April Challenge Start Weight: TBD
    April Challenge Goal Weight: 148 lbs (total loss of 24.6)

My April goals: intergrate yoga and strength training in routine. Limit alcohol to 2-3 a week (I have a lot of social and work functions that happen last minute, but need to be better about ordering club soda)
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, first timer here. It's nice to meet you all! Although I've been on MFP for years, I only really started to get serious about it at the end of October 2018 when I decided change needed to happen. I'm 24 and from Australia :)

My stats
    5''3(163cm)
    Ultimate SW: 166lb
    CW(April SW): 144.3lb(Wednesday 27/3)
    April Challenge GW: <140lb or close :)
    Ultimate GW: ~125lb(56.7kg)(around 19lb to go)

Additional April Goals: Intuitively eat without bingeing at all. Be able to run a mile without stopping or walking. Do a controlled headstand and handstand. 8 unassisted chin ups. :smile:

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hey everyone 😊
    This’ll be my 2nd round; down 8.2lbs in March!

Height: 5’3”
    Original SW: 235 (01/01/19)
    April SW: 196.8 (Monday)
    April GW: 189.x
    Ultimate GW: 135

Really hoping to make good progress this month, as next month we’ll be overseas for several weeks & I’ll be dialing the intensity back (to maintenance) until we return.
  • RandiHaszel
    RandiHaszel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a first timer on this challenge. I have used MFP for years on and off. This past November (2018) I got some blood work back that showed I am on the road to diabetes if I do t change my life style.

Original SW 1-1-19 172.6
    April SW (3-25-19) 151.2
    April GW 145 ish
    Ultimate GW 130
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    CAPTAINS
    1) YOUR NEW MEMBERS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO YOUR TEAMS AS OF THIS MORNING....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735430/april-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-registration-page/p1

2) TALLIES ARE DONE AND WILL POSTED IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION ON THE HOME PAGE TOMORROW BY BECKY (@BEKA3695)

3) THERE WERE A LOT OF NWI'S AND MISSED WEIGH IN'S ON SOME OF THE TEAMS MINE INCLUDED
    PLEASE CAN WE ALL DO OUR DUE DILIGENT AND KEEP OUR SPREAD SHEETS UP TO DATE AS TIME PERMITS.

4) EVERY SUNDAY I START ON THE TALLIES AT 0500HRS OR 5 AM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME I GO THROUGH EACH TEAMS THREAD BACK 2 PAGES ..THAT'S IT IF I DON'T SEE THE WEIGH IN OF THOSE MISSING IT GOES IN AS A NWI. I DO THAT SO THE GROUP STANDING WILL CONTINUE TO BE CURRENT FOR THE TALLIES. IT CAN BE CHANGED TO A LWI IF YOU SO DESIRE AS THE CAPTAIN. LET ONE OF US MODS KNOW AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO CHANGE IT TO THE LWI.
    THESE TALLIES TAKE ABOUT ABOUT 1-1/2 HRS. TO DO FROM START TO FINISH..IT'S A TON OF WORK FOR US SO IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF YOUR SPREADSHEETS ARE AS CURRENT AS POSSIBLE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS

I WILL BE GOING DARK MONDAY NIGHT I AS I HAVE PREP TO DO FOR SURGERY ON TUESDAY MORNING 0500 HRS...I WILL BE DARK AT LEAST UNTIL THURSDAY ACCORDING TO THE ADMIRAL (MARCIE). I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WELL WISHES AND ALL OF THE GOOD MOJO THAT IS HEADED MY WAY. THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A WALK IN THE PARK, HOWEVER I HAVE THE BEST OF THE BEST NAVY AND CIVILIAN SURGICAL TEAM KNOWN SO I AM JUST GOING TO PUT MY TRUST IN THEM AND THEIR KNOWLEDGE. HOORAH
    GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    s80yjdud6z5j.png
    https://darebee.com/programs/cardio-go.html
    THIS WEEK MODERATORS CHALLENGE
    LET'S GET THAT HEART A PUMP-IN WHAT YA SAY

Cardio Go is a low impact 30-day no-equipment program with a focus on streamline achieved through steady burn. It has a simple easy-to-follow structure and it’s designed as a running substitute.

The program is perfect for beginners as well as people at an advanced fitness level who want to add extra, moderate exercise to their day. Each session is 30-40 minutes long. Rest between sets is optional and it can be skipped.

All exercises in the program are standing exercises, at no point will you need to get down on the floor - there are no burpees, push-ups or planks. This program can be repeated indefinitely after the 30 days are up. Each day simply start the timer and go! Repeat the set for each day seven times in total. You can do more or fewer sets to increase or decrease the workout time to better fit it into your day.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy and this will be my first month on the challenge. I’m 59 and live in Texas. I was doing well with my weight loss efforts until one weekend in December and a Mardi Gras weekend trip resulted in a gain of 10 pounds, after a 45 pound loss. I’ve fallen back into bad habits and I need to get back on track so I’m hoping this challenge will help keep me accountable.

My stats:
    5'8”
    April Challenge start weight: 202.5
    April Goal Weight: 196.5
    First long term goal: 164

Other April goals: Start walking again and practice intention and mindfulness.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I’m Steph and I’m 30 (as of yesterday, not quite used to saying that :s ). I’ve been on MFP for too many years as I’m a yo yo er. My lowest weight has been 195 and my highest 245. I started 2019 at 240 and I’m down to around 225. But I’m also on holiday atm so dread to think, as I’ve overeaten a lot.

My goal for April is to fit into a dress I’d like to wear to a wedding in May.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Week 1 weigh-in
    Monday
    PW: 237.4 lbs
    CW: 232.8 lbs
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ChrysalisCove
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 196.8
    CW: 196.8

Ugh; ToM... hope to make up for it next week!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNING SHRINKING ASSETS
    PLEASE WELCOME @fourathomej TO THE SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM
  • coffeeforka
    coffeeforka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I’m Kerry Anne, and this is my second month on the challenge. I’m a kiwi so I think and measure in metric and still can’t convert kg to lb without google’s help.

Welcome to the new joiners - this group certainly helped me last month! And happy birthday @ShowKitten!

CW: 135.6 lb (61.5 kg)
    April GW: 133.4 (60.5 kg)
    GW: around 125 (56 kg)

Last month I ran (walk/ran) my first ever event at 3.5 mile run. This month I want to keep up my training and run at least 45 km (my March total).
  • Beka3695
    Options
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!!

I am Beka, your late to the game Captain and Mod. @boehle is my Captain counterpart. We are here to help you in
    any way possible to make your journey a success. @KelGen02 is our fitness motivator. Please keep in mind, we are all on the journey, too.

I am 42, married and mom of 2 daughters, 21 and 16, and 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia. FEEL FREE TO READ MY POSTS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 221 in October.

My MOE is CICO. I cannot stick with anything else. Keto sounds good to me, but so does bread.

I am a noobie runner. I have ran multiple 5ks and the Atlanta Peachtree Road race and a 15k this past year . I am trying to copy @boehle, I have my first Half Marathon on March 9th!!! In all honesty, I just want the 13.1 sticker for my car... LOL

My Stats
    5'7' and 42
    HW:242 - October 2016
    LW:174 - December 2017 for about 9 months
    CW:223

April Goals
    • LOG DAILY - every day and every bite!!!
    • Stay under 1500 calories
    • Use less than HALF earned exercise calories
    • Minimum 30 minutes of cardio daily

BTW - one of my March goals was to run 100 miles... I ended the month with 99.28. I so wish I had looked last night UGH!!!

We have a lot of veterans on this team, but will have a lot of new folks, too. Please feel free to ask questions -even if you think they are silly. Chances are, someone else is wondering the same thing.

Please reach out to me if you need me! I am here to be of any assistance possible.

Please make your journals public. I mainly ask this bc I get bored and will stalk your stuff for new ideas. Again- you might have the trick that someone else needs.

Let's have fun and SHRINK OUR ASSETS!!!!!!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Sorry...my welcome is for this team but it says I'm assigned to waist awys team!! Lol @Navydaddjtc
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Sorry...my welcome is for this team but it says I'm assigned to waist awys team!! Lol @Navydaddjtc

I will check into this.... if you are new, you might have been shifted to balance the teams. Brb!
  • Beka3695
    Options

Looks like he posted you here by mistake. I think he swapped you and another.

@DesireEW1986 - looks like you are with us - JIC he posted you on Waist Aways :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Personal announcement... I posted last month that I would be on the support squad this month. I have decided that I needed to get my head out of my @$$ and be accountable. I am back in the challenge as a competitor. I found that I have a much larger support network than I thought and I CAN DO THIS!!!
This discussion has been closed.