Replies

• iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworth14
    Monday
    Cw 161.8
    Gw 147

Jyst found out i will be having a hysterectomy soon. Lot running in my head.
    Shld i shldnt i
    Will i gain weight
    Will s#$ be same
    I will miss running races. Id signed up for
    Any thought or experience from anyone...im scared.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Iamworth14
    Monday
    Cw 161.8
    Gw 147

Shld i shldnt i
    Will i gain weight
    Will s#$ be same

Best surgery I have ever had!!! The worst part for me was the gas they inflate you with. It takes several days to absorb. You will be fine!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Iamworth14
    Monday
    Cw 161.8
    Gw 147

Shld i shldnt i
    Will i gain weight
    Will s#$ be same

It has been awhile since I had mine done but I never regretted it. I had no problems in the areas you are worried about. My daughter had one a few years back and she is glad she had it done.
  • ssummerlin80
    ssummerlin80 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    alexis1616 wrote: »
    By chance any experienced runners here or people that enjoy it have any tips for a beginner who wants to get into it(I would love to run/jog a 5 and 10k someday) but is currently finding it incredibly boring(I’m a terrible runner as well)? 😅

I personally found C25K a little too intense when I was first starting out. I opted to go with a program I found online called None to Run. Part of it is a paid program, but if you Google "none to run pdf" you can download the 16 week plan to go by and its free. It was truly life changing for me.

Also, I put in earbuds and watch Netflix while running on the treadmill. It helps the time pass. Good luck!
  • coffeeforka
    coffeeforka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coffeeforka

Saturday
    Week 1
    PW: 135.5
    CW: 131.2

Apologies for late post - been in Beijing. Didn’t quite do as much gym time as I packed for, but went once.
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the advice everyone!! I pushed myself a little at the gym today with cardio and ran a solid 15 mins straight(I could have gone longer but I was getting bored of the monotony of running in place, and I was super eager to move on to doing strength training instead 😅). My little legs weren’t going super fast though, so hopefully in the next few weeks that’ll change, and I might give running outside a go, or do as @summerlin80 suggested with watching Netflix while on the treadmill to see if I find that less monotonous! I’ve heard of C25K, so I might give that a go, thanks for the suggestions! ☺️
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Username: Showkitten
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    Weigh in Week: 2
    Previous Weight: 224.4
    Current Week: 224.0

Really happy with this. I made the choice to not weigh in last week after holidaying. Then curiosity got me last Wednesday and it read 230.8 and I was completely gutted. Worked my bum off all week and got it off with a little 0.4 extra. Wooop
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    RULES AMENDMENT 1.20
    BATTING....
    KEEPING IN MIND THAT IN SOME INNINGS YOU COULD THE LINE UP THEN THE "AT BAT ONE TIME IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD" IS NULL AND VOID.

SO THERE FORE IF YOUR TEAM CAN BAT THE LINE UP TWICE IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD THEN THAT'S COMPLETELY LEGIT.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Do y'all want to form a baseball team? See Greg's post above
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

I've read it but I don't know that I fully understand it.
    I can do steps but what if your 30 minute workout is outside walk?
    Does it count for both?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options

I am like @boehle most of my workouts are my daily walk. I do usually get 2 strength training sessions in a week. So I guess I would only be useful to the team if my walks counted.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options

I would, but not sure I'm understanding and I have only been doing walks as well....
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    in0rmdyu3iod.jpg

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

Fat2Fit Buddy Program
    Thank you all for your patience!

@Beka3695 and I just paired up ALMOST everyone. We had an odd number and are waiting for an answer from someone to pair up the last person. Here is what we have so far. Please contact your buddy and exchange email, phone, however you want to stay in touch, and "friend" each other so you can share your food and exercise diary wherever you keep it. Set up check-in times, and go for it! Keep each other going and have a blast. If you have a problem with your buddy (time zone or other issue), just let me or @Beka3695 know by message and we'll see what we can do. Enjoy!

@Beka3695 + @steplaj
    @Navydaddjtc + @ChrysalisCove
    @LaurieWrobo + @sue_01
    @19shmoo69 + @Rosetigger
    @cre804 + @pacsnc6
    @lindamtuck2018 + @jactop
    @boehle + @martinesther88
    @SLIMn2016 + @BMcC9
    @Angielove88 + @BabsVest1769
    @melissafeagins + @patti705
    @JessicaKrall8 + @Lukdbestucan16
    @Kittu125 + @Megnolia82
    @runarmi + @ssummerlin80
    @FitGirlLife72 + @Carlsoda

Don't forget to check your MFP inbox! And if you still want in, please sign up on the Announcement page - we'll do the final match ups Wednesday morning.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Lunch today.
    7t3lv01jynwj.jpg
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I can do the workout slot. I’ve been going to the gym this week 60-120 minutes a day. Gym just installed Netflix on amt machines!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Baseball... We need 6 to play. So far I have
    @171lake
    @LaurieWrobo
    @lindamtuck2018
    @boehle
    @Beka3695

We need one more -- or if two then I will step aside.
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I can play, I think?? I don’t get many steps in a day(maybe 8000), but I do 2-3 hour strength and HIIT sessions if that counts?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    OK CAPTAINS
    THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION AMONG THE RANK AND FILE
    IF YOU EXERCISE ON THE TREADMILL FOR CARDIO OR EXERCISE THAT IS COUNTED AS AN EXERCISE
    NOW THOSE STEPS THAT YOU BUILT UP DURING THAT EXERCISE AND THE STEPS YOU GET FOR THE REST OF THE DAY COUNTS AS YOUR STEPS TOTAL IN THE STEP CATEGORY.... SO IT'S POSSIBLE IN ONE DAY THAT YOU COULD HIT 2 HOME RUNS OR GO FOR THE CYCLE

EXAMPLE:.....
    NAVYDADDJTC 12000 STEPS = DOUBLE
    NAVYDADDJTC THOSE 12000 STEPS AT ABOUT 60 MIN. = TRIPLE
    SO I SCORE 1 RUN AND IS STRANDED AT 2ND UNTIL TOMORROW

ANY QUESTION??
This discussion has been closed.