• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I'm carrying over from last week as my scale died and I need a new battery
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    HEADS UP CAPTAINS
    I WILL BE STARTING TALLIES AT 0500 HRS PDT. IF YOUR SPREADSHEET COULD BE UP TO DATE BY THEN THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED
    THANKS GREG
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    By chance any experienced runners here or people that enjoy it have any tips for a beginner who wants to get into it(I would love to run/jog a 5 and 10k someday) but is currently finding it incredibly boring(I’m a terrible runner as well)? 😅
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    alexis1616 wrote: »
    By chance any experienced runners here or people that enjoy it have any tips for a beginner who wants to get into it(I would love to run/jog a 5 and 10k someday) but is currently finding it incredibly boring(I’m a terrible runner as well)? 😅

I don’t run myself but I’ve heard lots of recommendations for Couch to 5K
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    ShowKitten wrote: »

I don’t run myself but I’ve heard lots of recommendations for Couch to 5K

I agree with ShowKitten: Couch to 5 K /C25K is a great program to learn to run. I am out of practice at the moment (not running) but learnt to run in 2012 by doing this program - I downloaded a British NHS podcast that used this method and listened to it while I ran.

The program uses intervals, so in the first week’s program you run for a little bit (30 seconds or something), then walk a bit, and basically alternate back and forth between running and walking for the 20 min session. Over the program you slowly increase how much you run, and walk less, until you are able to run continuously for 30 mins (about 5 kilometres distance).

It was seriously eye opening for me as I’d never been able to run before in my life, and the first day I tried the program I felt really awful (out of shape, uncoordinated, embarrassed) but in the space of about 8 weeks of following the program I was able to run the distance continuously comfortably. It felt amazing to see so much improvement in a short time.

Info is available free online, and if you do a podcast version while running then you don’t have to time anything yourself, the podcast will tell you when to run and when to walk (and the one I used also gave some running tips about breathing, cramps, etc), so it really is foolproof.

In terms of boredom, this is part of the reason I fell out the habit of running once I had learned how to do it - while learning how to do it was challenging and not boring, I am not sure how to keep it interesting once you can run a steady 5-10k. I switched up running podcasts, trying different music and presenters, but didn’t find the answer for myself before a minor injury had me fall out of running.
  • SapanPan
    SapanPan Posts: 139 Member
    Options

My week has been tough; i returned from my vacation in Vegas on Tuesday; same afternoon, I ended up putting my kitty to sleep, so it's been a really, really hard time....trying to get through day by day....

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he had a great life with you guys.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

You are in the right place!! @SapanPan is in IronMan training. @ssummerlin80, @boehle, @reginadhedden and I all run. If I have left someone out, speak up and I apologize.

@boehle, @reginadhedden and I are on a Run The Year team - we are teamed to run 2019 miles before 12/31. We are over 900 miles currently. I am in 3rd place :)

We have done 5s, 10s, 15s, and a half marathon.

We are not fast... but not last!!!!

My advice is get out and run. Listen to your body and do what you can. If you need to walk - walk! You got this!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    rlm8fr5hxnbx.jpeg
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BASEBALL
    YOUR TEAM NEEDS 6 TEAM MEMBER WHO WOULD LIKE TO PARTAKE IN THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS PLAYING CYBER BASEBALL. IF YOUR INTERESTED IN THIS CHALLENGE QUOTE THIS POSTING AND LET ME KNOW
    WHO'S IN
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THIS WEEKS MOD CHALLENGE
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME STREET BASEBALL

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS
    WE WILL START THE CHALLENGE WHEN ALL OF THE TEAMS REPORT ON THE CAPTAIN THREAD THAT THE TEAMS HAVE BEEN MADE. THIS ONLY FAIR SO WE ALL START OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT.

THE PLAYING TIME IS A 24 HOUR PERIOD FOR EACH DAY STARTING AT MIDNIGHT EACH DAY. THIS IS TO ACCOMMODATE OUR OVERSEAS MEMBERS.

MAKE UP A BATTING ROSTER…SO THE TEAM KNOWS WHO’S ON FIRST AND SO ON…. EXAMPLE…. GREG IS ON FIRST STEVE IS THE NEXT BATTER AND HITS A DOUBLE THAT PUTS GREG ON 3RD AND STEVE ON 2ND THEN THE NEXT BATTER BUNTS BOTH BASE RUNNERS STAY IN PLACE. NEXT BATTER HITS A TRIPLE …GREG AND STEVE BOTH GO HOME FOR 2 POINT AND THE BATTER IS ON 3RD

YOU ARE ONLY UP ONCE IN A 24 HR PERIOD.

CAPTAIN OR MOTIVATORS WILL POST IN THE CAPTAINS THREAD THE DAILY SCORE I WILL TRANSPOSE IT TO THE SCORECARD THAT WILL BE POSTED IN A CHALLENGE THREAD FOR ALL TO SEE.
    HERE IS HOW THIS WORKS…. TEAM CAPTAINS WILL RECRUIT //ASK 6 MEMBERS TO BE THE YOUR TEAMS BB TEAM. THOSE 6 MEMBERS WILL DO ANY OF THE EXERCISES BELOW TO DETERMINE WHAT BASE THEY LAND ON.
    WHEN YOU COME HOME TOUR TEAMS SCORES 1 POINT….

STEPPING
    7,500 STEPS= SINGLE
    10,000 steps = DOUBLE
    15,000 steps = TRIPLE
    20,000 steps = HOMERUN

WORKOUTS:
    30min workout = single
    45 MIN workout = double
    60 MIN workout = triple
    120 MIN WORKOUT HOMERUN

BUNT = REST DAY

GRAND SLAM = ALL BASES LOADED
    THEN THE NEXT BATTER HITS THE HOMERUN IN EITHER CATEGORY

STRIKE OUT = DO NOTHING FOR THAT DAY…..
    UNLESS IT HAS BEEN DECLARED A REST DAY PRIOR TO YOU BATTING ROTATION FOR THAT DAY OR HAS SET UP IN ADVANCE WITH THE UMPIRE WHICH IS @Navydaddjtc

• Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    How has everyone's first few days of April gone? I was off to a rough start with my weigh in on the first (Monday's), I gained .2 lbs since the weigh in the week prior. But unlike myself I weighed myself this morning and have lost that and a little more to boot. GO ME!!!

My week has been tough; i returned from my vacation in Vegas on Tuesday; same afternoon, I ended up putting my kitty to sleep, so it's been a really, really hard time....trying to get through day by day....

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Pets are such big members in any family. Sending hugs and hoping you continue on your journey to better health.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ChrysalisCove
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 196.8
    CW: 194.2
  • boehle
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    rlm8fr5hxnbx.jpeg

This is still hanging in my room from you.
  • boehle
    Options
    My steps were the best I've had in months
    irmw5fzjvaor.png
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciciul
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 232.8 lbs
    CW: 230.4 lbs

Am a little annoyed with myself as on Friday I was at a new low of 229.3lbs but let things slip a little on the weekend - didn't get any exercise and went a little off my diet - so put 1.1lbs on in the last 3 days. At least it is still a net loss since last weigh-in day.
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Coleen312
    Week 2
    PW: 175.7
    CW: 170.9
    -4.8 lbs
  • RandiHaszel
    RandiHaszel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Randi Haszel
    PW-151.4
    CW-151.2
    WID-Monday
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    I WILL PUT A LINK ON THE F2F HOMEPAGE LATER TODAY FOR THE SCORE CARD...
    POST SURGERY CONSULT TODAY AND A PCP APPOINTMENT
    SO I AM IN TOWN ALL DAY
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Monday Weigh in reminders

@DesireEW1986
    @iamworthy14
    @lbgardener
This discussion has been closed.