SHRINKING ASSETS - APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I posted my steps for the Step Challenge in last month's forum, but here they are again
    3/27 7,156
    3/28 17,509
    3/29 11,527
    3/30 12,480
    3/31 11,401
    I have been on vacation in Vegas since Thursday so lots of steps, but today is my last day and heading home to WI tomorrow....
  • vanvleetx2
    vanvleetx2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am a newcomer as well. I live in Wisconsin and 3 very energetic boys. I am at my highest weight and need to start losing. I am hoping this group will help motivate me to exercise. I work a desk job and sit all day.

My stats
    5'1" and 41
    CW: 187
    First Goal: 160
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @BEKA AND THE SHRINKING ASSETS... I AM TRULY SORRY FUBAR SITUATION THIS AM......YUPPERS I HAD MY HEAD UP MY *kitten* THIS MORNING ASSIGNING CHALLENGERS TO TEAMS. HAVEN'T HAD MUCH SLEEP LATELY OFF OF ALL MEDS FOR THE LAST 14 DAYS IN PREPPING FOR SURGERY TOMORROW.
    WILL BE BETTER AFTER TOMORROW WHEN THEY GET THIS HEAD OF MINE FIXED.....BTW WHEN YOU HEAR WHAT THINK IS A SONIC BOOM TOMORROW...IT'S NOT JUST THAT THE SURGEON WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET MY HEAD OUT OF MY *kitten*.
    SEE YOU ALL ON THE FLIP SIDE OF SURGERY
    GREG IS OUT
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

MARCH WEEK 4 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 68.4 lbs or 0.15% !!!

TEAM % LOST

1st - Mission Slimpossibles- 0.39%
    2nd - Shrinking Assets- 0.27%
    3rd - Waist Aways- 0.26%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Mission Slimpossibles - 15.7
    2nd - Shrinking Assets- 11.1
    3rd - Waist Aways - 9.2

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @DreaRn15 - 2.70%
    2nd - @ChrysalisCove - 2.09%
    3rd - @SaraMakingChanges - 1.83%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @DreaRN15 - 7.8
    2nd - @NuggetBrain - 4.8
    3rd - @ChrysalisCove -4.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@megnolia82
    @amico717
    @kammerkvi
    @Coleen312
    @angielove88
    @sleepymom5

• Beka3695
    edited April 2019
    Options
    GROUP QUESTION...

STEP CHALLENGE? YES or NO?

We started last month with 16 steppers and ended with only 8 and of those 6?consistently reporting.

Maybe we should move the step challenge to FITBIT challenge? Only problem, this will exclude apple/garmin users...

Thoughts?
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I do have a Fitbit but I’m working on steps so I guess either works for me. Now that the weather is getting better I’d like to start walking more.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I’ll bow out steps challenge. Thought it would inspire me to move more but just made me sad when I couldn’t due to pain.

For this week’s weigh in can I carry my weight from last week? I’m still on holidays so no scales for now. So:

Username: Showkitten
    Weigh in: Week 1
    Weigh Day: Tuesday
    PW: 224.4
    CW: 224.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    GROUP QUESTION...

We started last month with 16 steppers and ended with only 8 and of those 6?consistently reporting.

Maybe we should move the step challenge to FITBIT challenge? Only problem, this will exclude apple/garmin users...

Thoughts?

I have a Fitbit so either will work for me! I liked it cause I did try to move a bit more. I am retired so I don’t really move a lot.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I just had a peek at the March Grand Finale results, and noticed a mistake. In the top 3 individual lbs lost in third place someone is listed with a 9.3lb loss, but I lost 9.6lb (higher loss) and am not listed.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Steps Challenge
    Sorry last month the medication I am on started to really get to me and my steps and motivation took a slide - felt really yuck. Now my body is used to it, am feeling better.

It doesn’t worry me one way or another what happens going forward. I don’t have a Fitbit, but I am also not so worried about tracking steps together as I can keep my own records as an individual thing.
  • RandiHaszel
    RandiHaszel Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    HELP PLEASE...I am new to this challenge (not to MFP just the challenge) were do I record this weeks weigh in? So lost right now
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    @Beka3695 I just had a peek at the March Grand Finale results, and noticed a mistake. In the top 3 individual lbs lost in third place someone is listed with a 9.3lb loss, but I lost 9.6lb (higher loss) and am not listed.

Thank you for looking. Another Mod tallied and I was going to post in the am. I’ll make the correction
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    HELP PLEASE...I am new to this challenge (not to MFP just the challenge) were do I record this weeks weigh in? So lost right now

Here. The group leader will mark it “insightful” when they’ve officially recorded it.

Format:

Screen name
    Week #
    Weigh-in day
    Previous weight
    Current weight
  • Beka3695
    Options

Welcome to the group. Please record your weigh ins in this thread using the following format:

Beka3695
    Week 1
    Saturday - this is my weigh day
    Prior weight: 223.8
    Current weight: 221.4

You can abbreviate prior and current with PW and CW.

The format above might seem long and redundant, but it helps us find the weigh in posts among the regular convo on the thread.
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Coleen312
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 176.5
    CW: 175.7
  • Coleen312
    Options
    GROUP QUESTION...

Thoughts?

I apologize! I said I’d do it last month and then i didn’t. I’m up for it this month if you have it again. I swear I’ll post. I also have a Fitbit so I’d be up for weekly challenges there with anyone who’s interested. 🙂
  • Coleen312
    Options
    Sorry! I just saw I’m to reintroduce myself.

I’m Coleen, 53, married mother of 4 sons: 26, 24, 20, and 18. Next fall we will be empty nesters and I’m trying to finally get (and stay) healthy for this next chapter of my life. I’m a teacher so I’m on my feet a good part of every day. I also try to either walk on my treadmill or outside everyday. Welcome to all the newcomers. It’s great to have you here. 🙂👍🏼
  • RandiHaszel
    RandiHaszel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    RandiHaszel
    Week 1
    Monday = weigh in day
    Prior weight = 151.2
    Current weight =151.4 😟
  • coffeeforka
    coffeeforka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow @Beka3695 for a newbie runner you certainly are getting up the miles! Inspiring to see...

My March total was 45 km (28 miles) and I was proud of that! Hopefully one day I can have a 99 mile month too.

BTW - one of my March goals was to run 100 miles... I ended the month with 99.28. I so wish I had looked last night UGH!!!

This discussion has been closed.