What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• Jays_Lines
    Jays_Lines Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A NO EXCUSE workout that is really effective. In just 16 mins, no equipment, and even in minimal space, I was sweating bullets with this simple Hiit workout that reaps endless benefits.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/belly-fat-burner-hiit-high-intensity-interval-training-workout-with-no-equipment

I love this workout on mornings I don't feel like workout out. With a warm up + cool down it would make 20 mins and not only keep you in the winners circle but also give you results!
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 thanks for the pics. I love seeing transformation update photos!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Great pic!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 I'm happy for you too!
  • Alexbuzzcut
    Alexbuzzcut Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you @BonnieHosk85 for the link! Wow, I’ll study and print it for my trip. WiFi might be spotty and I want to make sure I have it on hand. I actually hadn’t thought of seated exercise. Sweet, a new challenge. Thanks so much for your support and advice.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    @Alexbuzzcut

Never give up!
    It’s about persistence, not perfection.

Life happens & still we do UAC!

You may be surprised. You might find you need fewer calories if you are soaring your knee.

Many of have been in similar positions. You can try different solutions and use this time to see & learn what works best for you.

Never give up!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    For all of you who expressed what brings you Joy!

51y8deuid44o.png
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @Alexbuzzcut Sorry to learn of your injury. Don't do anything to interfere with your recovery. @BonnieHosk85 is right that you search to discover new ways to keep flexible; strong; and fit within your current constraints.
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Today is my 2 year anniversary for quitting smoking. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, however, it is also the best thing I have done (besides my son).

If anyone is trying to quit, don't give up. I would quit and re-start, and quit and re-start. Finally, the "quit" stuck. You can do it!

Congrats!!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Today is my 2 year anniversary for quitting smoking. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, however, it is also the best thing I have done (besides my son).

If anyone is trying to quit, don't give up. I would quit and re-start, and quit and re-start. Finally, the "quit" stuck. You can do it!

So very proud of you. It is the best gift you could ever have given yourself!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @Alexbuzzcut
    2 years ago I ruptured a ligament in my knee and then had it reconstructed. I used aerobic chair exercise videos on YouTube to help keep my fitness. Good luck with the recovery.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Thank you @BonnieHosk85 for the link! Wow, I’ll study and print it for my trip. WiFi might be spotty and I want to make sure I have it on hand. I actually hadn’t thought of seated exercise. Sweet, a new challenge. Thanks so much for your support and advice.

Youtube has a wide variety of seated exercise routines (also search "chair exercise") many options for intensity, style, and duration.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @KCJen One of my colleagues, a woman of about 40, quit smoking last year. That victory set off a cascade of positive change in her life. Last week, I asked what had been the most important thing that had triggered her self-actualization. She responded, "Once I had actually and truly quit smoking, I knew that I could do anything. It made me feel so much better about me."
    I hope you too continue to experience success and more victories in your life.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that, @BMcC9! I really needed it this morning. Ate out last night with our small group and I chose a Pick Two at Panera, with French onion soup and a salad with no dressing. I was still under calories but this morning I was up 1.7 pounds. I was so close to 30 pounds lost and now I'm back two pounds from that minor goal. I feel awful this morning and I'm trying to help myself not to feel so bad. That meme helps! My plan is to drink a lot of water. Hopefully, the gain is from an overload of sodium from the soup. Ugh! :s