What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    @BonnieHosk85 it IS most likely a combination of sodium and just plain physical volume moving through your gut. Remember .... it take 3500 calories PER POUND ABOVE MAINTENANCE to truly metabolically gain a pound of fat. That just plain cannot be done overnight.

I'm at the beginning of losing some regained weight, and I'm the opposite of Bonnie right now, my weight is dropping inexplicably. Based on the math I know only a fraction of it can be body fat. It has to be those same things you list (but in reverse obviously), no water retention and less volume of food moving through. I try to remember that in the short term at least, it's adhering to the process that I should be celebrating, not day to day scale readings. This challenge helps with that.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    This is where some kind of trending app can be very valuable. I know that fitbit dashboard comes with one .... and there are stand-alone ones for both iOS and Android. (if you search "weight trending apps" on the message board, the names of the most common ones will surface)
  • juparana
    juparana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello I just joined My Fitness Pal again. Is it ok that I start the UAC mid month?

• Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day ! enjoy
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    juparana wrote: »
    Hello I just joined My Fitness Pal again. Is it ok that I start the UAC mid month?

You can start anytime for the accountability. You just won't qualify for the Winner's Circle this month. You are a winner every day, though, when you log in and post with us! You are always welcome.
  • juparana
    edited May 2019
    Options
    juparana wrote: »

You can start anytime for the accountability. You just won't qualify for the Winner's Circle this month. You are a winner every day, though, when you log in and post with us! You are always welcome.

I am looking for the daily accountability. Thank you!

*Tomorrow will be my 1st day.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @juparana!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Awesome, @juparana !!
  • stephensweeney93
    stephensweeney93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well its been an interesting week or so. Been off work and celebrated turning 40 so had to many pass days to count ! lol. Back on track today so my aim is to complete the rest of may with no pass days whatsoever. Keep at it everyone, your all amazing !
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well its been an interesting week or so. Been off work and celebrated turning 40 so had to many pass days to count ! lol. Back on track today so my aim is to complete the rest of may with no pass days whatsoever. Keep at it everyone, your all amazing !

Happy Birthday!
  • juparana
    Options
    Welcome, @juparana!

Thank you!
  • juparana
    Options
    Awesome, @juparana !!

Thank you!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    how does one syncronize a fitbit to MFP? do I need the app? (currently I have fitbit synced to my tablet, and habitually use the website for MFP)

Can I UN-sync them later if I wish?

I am kinda nervous that once I sync them ... it will be like when I first started using a digital scale ... I honestly THOUGHT I had been logging accurately up to that point ..... depending on what it shows if the fitbit retro-syncs ... will any of my "3XYesses" to date be in jeopardy?
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9
    I synced my Fitbit charge 2 using the app but it only tracked steps not the sport I play. So I unsynced it!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @juparana Please do your daily post in the Daily Discussion pages. Each day is dated and you check in on those pages. You are welcome to use this area for deeper discussions.
    Rick
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My class ended on Monday (the day after Mother's Day) and I took a much-needed break, which included "unplugging" from ALL electronics so I could recharge my batteries so to speak. This was a much-needed break. Of course, that also means I took a "pass-day fiesta" and I have disqualified myself - but that is ok because I needed that break.

Break time is now over and its time to continue chasing my goals! And hooray its summertime for me!! (For a month, I am taking a summer class) because my one of my big goals is getting to graduation in December!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Oh, I should add that my "pass-day fiesta" phrase makes me giggle since I remember the post that Craig and Rick have said multiple time that pass-days do not mean we throw caution into the wind.

However, I did somewhat track during my break and have maintained my current weight during this time. No additional weight gain is wonderful!