• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 5/29)

Track: Yes
    Calories: under; Limit: 1500/Actual: 1359
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 1.5 hours of cleaning
    Day: It's been a rough day. I tried to start my laundry at 6:50 in the morning, but all the washers were full. I had to wait awhile as people weren't getting there stuff out. Finally got a washer and went to pull my clothes out to find the manager spraying the washers for bedbugs. The dryers run hot enough to kill darn near any living thing including the bugs, but still ugh. I had to wait another 40 minutes to get a dryer, because again people weren't coming to get their stuff. Meanwhile, I'm watching it get closer and closer to my housekeeping inspection time. I put them in and give them an extra ten minutes under the heat to be safe. I got them upstairs just in time for my caseworker to arrive to set up meds and inspect. My anger boiled over. It had been building for days, and I had been trying to brush the things off, but I found myself fed up with people and just wanting to fully withdraw. My Internet crashed again. I withdrew from all my groups on KIK and deleted the app from my phone. I even decided for the next couple of days I'd walk the halls as opposed to the community room to avoid running into a couple of people that bug me every time. Tomorrow I still have a couple of appointments that I have to go to, psychiatric and dental, then Friday two groups.

My Day
    1) It was the first time I got all 3's (the highest score you can get) on my housekeeping inspection since she started doing them again.
    2) My Internet did eventually come back up.
    3) It's Wednesday so I can watch an episode of 600 lb Life

Myself
    1) I'm a Trekkie.
    2) I generally know when to take shelter from storms
    3) I practice self-soothing
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @johicks Fabulous day today with exercising and food! Way to go.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    > > > >GO TEAM - RUNTRACKMINDS!!< < < <
    That dang kitchen door came open after I mentally shut it last night. I need to have more positive self-talk at night and be a little more strict on my nighttime routine. I also think I have my goal set too high for this week’s loss and I’m not eating enough during the day. I’ll readjust and be stronger tonight! In the last 5 days, I have had just one-binge free night. NOT good! But, today is a new day and tonight is a new night! And the one thing I CAN CONTROL is what goes into my mouth. And it's important to me, therefore.....
    puzuu8g5he38.jpg

@jupdyke~ Thanks for that boost of confidence and your Monday was awesome, too!! :) Thanks for all the notes to the newcomers in June. That was pretty cool to see this morning! And to learn how close to your goal you are. I hope you stick around for a while as you get there and maintain. We need to learn that part! I do for sure.
    @skullsandskeletons~ Awesome! Way to track! You’re welcome. :) Now I just need those words to sink in a little deeper into my head!
    @JamieD328~ Hope your kiddos feel better today. HUGS Do the best you can. Hope that camping is fun and there is some time to unplug and take some walks. Or you can lead some “HOT” Taekwondo in the campgrounds. LOL :D
    @ajaia2001~ Glad you had a fun day! Maybe that should’ve been my plan, to just have one food day and not worry about it! Sounds like you have it under control and are being realistic. So awesome!!
    @MaelynMayhem ~ Wonderful workouts!! Sometimes not having anything to report is a good thing. LOL My morning confessions lately are getting old. I can do something about that, right!? Right! Perhaps that’s when I need to take a cue from you and write my three day things and my three me things. Yep!! I’m putting a notebook on my nightstand right now!! :) And had I logged onto MFP before bed like I was doing. I would’ve read your meme. Awesome! Yes… I make myself. Thanks for that. That is exactly what I needed this morning. That one is print worthy!

> > > > Have a wonderful Tuesday! Remember . . .
    68j3xsm9t7dc.jpg

Yes! @johicks learning to maintain is the key for me. As long as I stay within 5 lbs of my goal, I'll be content.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    Thought to leave you with tonight:

Bow to your own heart, your greatest teacher, and welcome yourself.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Strength training: Triceps & abs
    Goal/Day: It was a good day. Busy night tonight. An appointment, then my daughter's last chorus concert tonight. It has been a pretty strong week as far as sticking to the plan.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday May 29
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! 🙋 Today it looks a little wet out. So I need to figure out if I’m going to walk or use my glider this morning. Or maybe a dance video, hubby is up so I can be noisy! Yeah. LOL Today’s challenge is coming home late after going to a ceremony w/mom. I think my Bengal spice tea will be my go-to tonight! Mom & I talked about our dinner tonight and we plan on making breakfast for dinner!
    @MaelynMayhem ~ HI! Again, thank you for considering co-captain. You can message me any questions and/or also Ashley. (@ AB0215) I want our co-captain to know exactly what they are going to be doing and to not distract from their weight-loss journey and goals. THIS helps me stay focused-- I love it! Your Wednesday may have been frustrating waiting and waiting, but also fulfilling and satisfying with that 💥3💥 Awesome!! And I get avoiding people, too. Sometimes my walks either in my circle or in town, I avoid certain roads or turn around so as to not pass their homes. But, yesterday I had a nice surprise on my walk to work from mom’s. One of my football mom friends ran out of her business as she saw me from the window to give me a hug and chat. How Sweet!! It was fun to catch up. I had to take a deep breath though, as it took time from my walk. But, my heart was filled with joy which was more important. As I read your list I forgot to do my THREE last night. Instead, I was looking up memes for funny, motivation, determination, and exercise. That was a great distraction. Thanks for sharing your day. Sometimes letting it out, helps emotionally and mentally. 🤗 hugs 🤗

@jupdyke~ Thanks. Yesterday’s weather sure did make exercising easy. I’m finding that the more I get out 10m at a time, the easier it’s getting. I hope in June to stretch that to 15m per walk and get to 2 sets of full body resistance. I have three routines that I am doing that include upper/mid/lower and each is just a little different. It’s great! I am not able to do everything yet, but I’m at least doing it. And today I can feel my obliques (sides, right?), so they were engaged yesterday. YES!! A 5lb within goal weight seems doable and realistic. As I weigh daily to learn my body, it doesn’t take much to gain a couple of pounds and then get back on track w/ tracking and exercise to lose them. That seems like a good maintenance plan. :) So glad you’re on our team to help us realize that tracking food is just as important as exercise! 😍 Great Wednesday despite being a full and busy one. 👍

@skullsandskeletons ~ Yay! for a good hump day!! 👏
  • johicks
    Options
    jsyie138f8rk.jpg
    WHAT ARE YOU TELLING YOURSELF TODAY!?

• johicks
    Options
    Today I am telling myself that:
    Tracking food is important to keep me from overeating, and being mindful.
    Exercise won't get easier but, I WILL get stronger.
    I am WORTH the effort that I am putting forth to lose this weight and be healthier.
    I am part of a great team that helps keep me going every day!

7damsodrp9wm.jpg

• johicks
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    Name: Gustaaf85
    Weigh in Week: May week 4
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous week’s weight: 98,6 kg / 217,38 lbs
    Current weight: 97,7 kg / 215,39 lbs

Woop! Happy with this one, finally below 98 again. Now to keep it that way.

See you all back in July amazing team

Nice loss!! Have fun on vacation and keep us in mind. We will be here when you return. Feel free to check-in for extra support or stop in to say HI!

• johicks
    Options
    Thought to leave you with tonight:

Bow to your own heart, your greatest teacher, and welcome yourself.

I will have to read this often!! Thanks.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week 5
    Thursday
    PW: 175.6
    CW: 174.8

Honestly considering I weighed in at 179 on Tuesday, I will take this!! Wish I would have stayed on track over the weekend to not have such significant water weight gain to work off this week, but hey it is what it is and I am more than happy to be down lower this week already!

Also @johicks, can I yet again change my weigh in day? I'd like to do Fridays moving forward if thats possible. Lately I've been weighing in a full pound lighter on Fridays, and I think its a good end to my week to remind me to stay on track Saturday and Sunday!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Over, 1441/1380
    Exercise: No
    Water: Much better, close to goal
    Day: Back in the swing of things for sure already! Glad my bounce back didnt take long and wasnt too painful. Came home and BF was in the middle of cooking dinner for us so that I wouldn't have to do any work when I got home. Such a sweet gesture and I love him for it, buttttt he doesn't usually measure anything so I was a bit stressed about tracking, especially since it was a pasta meal.....I did my best to over guesstimate how much each thing was and luckily he used a lot of veggies to supplement the noodles to I just took a small portion that was pretty filling. Weigh in was fine today so I'm getting better at estimating portion sizes! Just need to remember that some days wont be perfect and thats ok! I just need to appreciate my BF and move forward!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    @jwall309 - That was really sweet of your boyfriend to cook dinner for you last night. Congrats on your weigh in. You’re doing great.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    It’s never too late to be who you might have been. - George Elliot
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I don't see my weigh in for this week. Probably hit Done again instead of Post🙃

Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 206
    Today's Weight: 208
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday, 5/30)

Track Yes
    Calories Over, Limit: 1500/Actual: 1680
    ExerciseWalked to and from the store, Walked home from the dentist, AM and PM Yoga
    Water 100 oz
    Day: It’s been okay. My Internet for my computer has been down since 7:30 this morning. I saw my psychiatrist and got my broken tooth fixed. I was also adventurous today and had eggplant for the first time. I made it as part of a recipe with tomatoes, olive oil, parsley and Parmesan in the oven. I was pleasantly surprised. I also tried blackberries and not impressed. It’s been an okay day.

My day
    1) I discovered a new vegetable that I like.
    2) My tooth got fixed.
    3) Found out my lithium level was 0.9.

Myself
    1) I’m tenacious.
    2) That I can enjoy most types of weather.
    3) I am willing to review the old to learn something new.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Ran just under 4 miles
    Goal/Day: It was a good day. I was on an interview committee all day, then got to go with some coworkers to lunch. After work I got my hair done, then came home to clean. Great day and night, but man am I pooped. Glad tomorrow is Friday!
  • johicks
    Options
    us2ch2m0ytzh.jpg
    I am super excited to announce that one of our successful losers has stepped up to be co-captain to our great team! Thank you @MaelynMayhem. So as we figure things out, please try to remember to tag both of us when you have questions. Please join me in thanking Maelyn. I do hope she gets just as much fulfillment from this, as I do. :)

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!
    @AB0215 Thanks for sending out another request. It will be nice to have a partner in case I need it. It truly does take teamwork!
This discussion has been closed.