TEAM: Run Track Minds (May)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @jwall309~ Yeah! Another loss. Yes, I will put your change in to weigh on Fridays, starting with the June challenge. :) I weigh-in on Sundays for that same reason, to keep me on track Fridays and Saturdays. :) And then Sunday it’s “okay” to have a maintenance day. Awe! BF cooked for you… sweet. You are doing so well mentally at taking it as it is and plowing through. Balance. You are really embracing it. :) Yeah you!! Pasta is so hard to eyeball measure!

@Jactop ~ thanks for weighing in. I was afraid that you were done with the group! Yeah… you’re still here. I have hit “done” so many times! It’s frustrating!

@MaelynMayhem - Hey CC (‘co-captain!”) Again, thanks! :D Nice smile! Oooh! Eggplant Parmesan. Yum! How did you eat your blackberries? I have to have them either in yogurt, cottage cheese, or my oatmeal. Try them again? An Okay day is a good day!! :)

@jupdyke ~ Whoa lady! Awesome! A great day it was and you look fabulous with that new do! LOL ;) A clean house feels so good, too. TGIF!

A little more about one of your co-captains - me. I think I am like most women and am wonder woman and can do it all and don’t need help. But, I am learning that it is okay to ask for help. I don’t need to do everything and don’t need to do it all by myself. So having Maelyn as co-captain is greatly appreciated! This will also help when I get busier and need to have more time for ME and my weight-loss journey. We are going to learn how to lean on each other and support each other on the duties to keep this awesome team AWESOME!!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday May 30
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday 5/30)
    Track: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 17
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 61min
      =31min. AM Cardio =5m warm-up +26m WE LOVE DANCE videos:
      • ➢8m - 80’s warm-up mix
      • ➢3m- Stand By Me
      • ➢3.5m- Fire
      • ➢3.5m- Blame it on the Boogie
      • ➢3m- Tip Toe
      • ➢5m- Perfect (cool down/stretch)
      =9min walk to work
      =21min walk to mom’s after work.
    • One post-dinner snack: One
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES! Tea in hand.

When I prepared my meals and pre-logged them. I had a snack planned for me due to a late evening. But then I took it out of my bag and left it at home. I made a Bengal spice tea-- YUM! And put it in my Contigo hot mug and left it in the car. On the way home I sipped that. And then hubby decided to go to the store. Since I had the extra calories and we stayed up (still up!!) later than normal, I went ahead and had my snack. In control! Yeah!
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Daily Post (Thursday 5/30)
    Track: not completely.
    Calories: over
    8+ water: 17
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 61min
      =31min. AM Cardio =5m warm-up +26m WE LOVE DANCE videos:
      • ➢8m - 80’s warm-up mix
      • ➢3m- Stand By Me
      • ➢3.5m- Fire
      • ➢3.5m- Blame it on the Boogie
      • ➢3m- Tip Toe
      • ➢5m- Perfect (cool down/stretch)
      =9min walk to work
      =21min walk to mom’s after work.
    • One post-dinner snack: more.
    • Kitchen Closed! - nope

When I prepared my meals and pre-logged them. I had a snack planned for me due to a late evening. But then I took it out of my bag and left it at home. I made a Bengal spice tea-- YUM! And put it in my Contigo hot mug and left it in the car. On the way home I sipped that. And then hubby decided to go to the store. Since I had the extra calories and we stayed up (still up!!) later than normal, I went ahead and had my snack. In control! Yeah!

We stayed up way too late and I.lost control. :(
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily post Thursday May 30
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no

Yes!! Good for you!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Friday
    05/31/19 Week 5
    PW: 212.2
    CW: 211.6
  • johicks
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Friday
    05/31/19 Week 5
    PW: 212.2
    CW: 211.6

I'm glad you posted and are not giving up. Since you hadn't weighed in for a few weeks, you were removed. But I'm requesting that you be added back and also to carry over for June.
  • johicks
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Glad to see all our new team members. It's Friday for me, so here's my info. I'm not sure what week I should write though since it's still May here but we are starting a new month.

User Name: @Fivepts
    Weigh in week: May Week #5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 145.6
    Current Weight: 144.1
    Weight loss 1.5 lb

Reposted from June to get into correct month/week. :)
  • johicks
    Options
    @Fivepts Yeah... on week #5 loss and an overall loss for the month. I do hope you are feeling better and we get to hear more from you in June. HUGS
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Under, 1330/1380
    Exercise: No
    Water: bought some coke zero vanilla at the grocery store this evening, so didnt have as much water as I should after work
    Day: Another solid day, BF made a quick frozen pizza for dinner so we could go grocery shopping with food in our bellies! Stuck to a serving and luckily I had a light lunch so I had the extra calories for pizza. Did a full replenishment of healthy fruits, veggies, and food! Had a funny moment at the check out line of "you know youre an adult when...." both BF and I got very excited when we managed to save $40 with the bonus card! Watching the price drop was more exciting for us than I'd like to admit :D
  • johicks
    Options
    @ajaia2001 - It's not like you to skip several days. I do hope your family is safe. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. HUGS Hope to hear good news from you soon.
  • johicks
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Under, 1330/1380
    Exercise: No
    Water: bought some coke zero vanilla at the grocery store this evening, so didnt have as much water as I should after work
    Day: Another solid day, BF made a quick frozen pizza for dinner so we could go grocery shopping with food in our bellies! Stuck to a serving and luckily I had a light lunch so I had the extra calories for pizza. Did a full replenishment of healthy fruits, veggies, and food! Had a funny moment at the check out line of "you know youre an adult when...." both BF and I got very excited when we managed to save $40 with the bonus card! Watching the price drop was more exciting for us than I'd like to admit :D
    hahahaha! That is a funny moment for sure. I was excited to find out my hubby qualified for the Seniors Discount on Wednesdays at the local market. I told him we need to plan for our weekends and he buys groceries on Wednesday. He said to save .10 cents!? LOL (at the discount only applies to non-sale items!)

Your "balance" is so encouraging for me. I love your shares. Thanks!

I like that we each contribute to the team just because we are open, honest, and ourselves! A TEAM!!

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @jupdyke - Wow that was an impressive run distance! Great job! And cleaning is also exercise!

@johicks - I ate my blackberries fresh from the freezer and plain. Your dance mix really takes me back! LOL!! I know your kitchen door reopened, but don’t beat yourself up about it. Today is a new day, new chance.

@skullsandskeletons - Great job!

@lovethyneighbor - Excellent weight loss!

@jwall309 - Great idea on not shopping on an empty stomach! Congrats on your savings. I would have been tickled pink to save $40 on my grocery bill.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    As @johicks said I have decided to step up and co-captain. I’m not sure I know all the ins and outs yet but I am more than willing to try. I want to help out in the best way that I can. If there is something you want to know about me just ask. I’m pretty open about my life and my mental illnesses.

Thank you to @johicks and @AB0215 for this chance.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User Name: ajaia2001
    Weigh in week: May - wk5
    Previous Weight: 165.6
    Current Weight: 167.9

Well I'm not surprised by the gain. I stayed under my daily calorie goal but the food hasn't been my normal healthy meals plus I didn't do any type of exercising over the past 2 days. Honestly I think I needed the break from my normal routine my cravings have been satisfied so back on schedule for the June challenge 🤟
  • johicks
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »

Well I'm not surprised by the gain. I stayed under my daily calorie goal but the food hasn't been my normal healthy meals plus I didn't do any type of exercising over the past 2 days. Honestly I think I needed the break from my normal routine my cravings have been satisfied so back on schedule for the June challenge 🤟

@ajaia2001 - For all that you went through wrt to the storm, you did great! You still had a loss for the month! Wooohoooo!! :)
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »

You’re absolutely right that sometimes we just need a little break the normal routine. I think I even I heard once it was healthy as long as the breaks didn’t get out of hand. You did great this month and that extra bit of weight could just be some water and will fall off easily. Great job!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 5/30)
    8+ water: 12
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 23min
      =13min walk before work
      =10min walk after work.
    • One post-dinner snack: One
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES! Tea in hand.
    Putting my nighttime routine into play. The door should stay closed tonight!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in Friday
    Track: No, I could only guess on food prep for the welcome meal, but since it was vegan, I am guessing calories may be under.
    Exercise: I have nearly single handedly put up our cabin tent, walked to and from the pool, and dinner through a uneven path with an umbrella stroller, so I am claiming it.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    Daily check-in Friday
    Track: No, I could only guess on food prep for the welcome meal, but since it was vegan, I am guessing calories may be under.
    Exercise: I have nearly single handedly put up our cabin tent, walked to and from the pool, and dinner through a uneven path with an umbrella stroller, so I am claiming it.

Was the meal good? And I would definitely have claimed all that activity as well! It also sounds busy and fun at the same time!
This discussion has been closed.