TEAM: Run Track Minds (May)

Options

Replies

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi team! Just wanted to check in, I will resume daily posts starting tomorrow. I didn't track or really follow my plan of attack for the beach and it showed on the scale this morning. Struggling with that mentally today but I'm going to work really hard to remember that making memories is most important to me and one weekend doesn't need to completely unravel everything I've already done. Just need to get back on track and try not to beat myself up too much! I hope everyone else had a good weekend and isn't struggling too much getting back in the swing of things!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Hi team! Just wanted to check in, I will resume daily posts starting tomorrow. I didn't track or really follow my plan of attack for the beach and it showed on the scale this morning. Struggling with that mentally today but I'm going to work really hard to remember that making memories is most important to me and one weekend doesn't need to completely unravel everything I've already done. Just need to get back on track and try not to beat myself up too much! I hope everyone else had a good weekend and isn't struggling too much getting back in the swing of things!

Welcome back! I like how you worded that.... "one weekend doesn't need to completely unravel everything I've already done. Just need to get back on track and try not to beat myself up"

Words of wisdom!! Lets remember this. K? K! :smiley:
  • johicks
    Options
    b]Daily Post (Tuesday 5/28)[/b]
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 13
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 10min
      5m- stretching + 5m glider.
    • One post-dinner snack: None.
    • Kitchen Closed! -
    Okay. Journal by bedside.
    Three things about my day:
    Three things about me.
    Going to stay on track tonight!! This will occupy my mind in a positive way to distract me.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Well ate my leftovers for lunch and dinner (food wasn't the healthiest but still stayed under my daily allowance). Bootcamp was much needed definitely burned off the Memorial Day food 💪😊
  • johicks
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Well ate my leftovers for lunch and dinner (food wasn't the healthiest but still stayed under my daily allowance). Bootcamp was much needed definitely burned off the Memorial Day food 💪😊

alright!! Way to bootcamp those calories gone!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Exercise: Cardio Fix
    Goal/Day: Bummer going back to work after a 3 day weekend, but I survived. Had a busy night, but still was able to maintain my routine.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 5/28)

Exercise: Zombies, Run (1st go 35 minutes, 2nd go 44 minutes), Pump Challenge (I upped the weight on the squats this time)
    Water: Just a few ounces (had other drinks with vitamins and potassium and sodium)
    Day: I woke up early again. I did some cleaning today to prep for my inspection tomorrow. I had some serious trembling after the Pump Challenge and some dizziness after walking. It all passed in time. Some psychiatric symptoms today but managed.

My Day
    1) I got some cleaning done.
    2) Started the process of eating the rainbow this week.
    3) Got the lifting in early.

Myself
    1) I'm not afraid to stand up for myself when necessary
    2) I'm getting better at managing the voices.
    3) I love animals
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday May 28:
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no but got a lot more steps than usual
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@johicks.
    @Jod13.
    @LuluLovinLife.
    @MaelynMayhem.
    @Toyota100.
    @Jactop.
    @JammyPea.
    @Jupdyke.
    @Klilev.
    @skullsandskeletons.
    @JamieD328.
    @Gustaaf85.
    @jwall309.
    @_cece_x.
    @ajaia2001.
    @Fivepts.
    @germaine_yee.
    @peacekeace.
    @pratainua.
    @ALA155.
    @victorious55.

This is the last week of the May Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the June Challenge.

The June challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Run Track Minds (June) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10746096/team-run-track-minds-june#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track: no
    Calories: had to be over
    Exercise: no
    Water: Not enough, but I talked myself out of a soda last night.

Went to the kids favorite restaurant and went back and forth with the menu. I was told they were out of lettuce when I ordered a salad... Soup of the day was loaded potato... just went with one of my old standbys when my attempts at healthier failed. Didn't keep my hand out of the complimentary bisquit and cornbread basket either, so just need to get back on track for tomorrow (technically today).
  • johicks
    Options
    I FEEL A LITTLE MOTIVATION TO MOVE TODAY. HOW'S THIS!?
    lydh6bitia89.png
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    🙋🌞 😎 Good morning! It’s going to be a beautiful in northern Michigan! The cherry blossoms are in full bloom. And I believe just motivated myself to go take a walk after this post! YES! A beautiful day it shall be. 🏃 🌅
    @jupdyke~ Jen - you’re doing great! I just love how you bounce right back. I aspire to be like T-I-GG-ER too! I bounce back, but it takes a little longer. Awesome Tuesday! You may be back to work, but it’s a short work week! Yeah!!
    @MaelynMayhem~ A good Tuesday! Yeah you! I see you were ironging. LOL Awesome! Keep it up! Doing the three things list was hard! Making sure to stay positive, and about myself, too! It’s going to be interesting. Thanks for always sharing. Oh… love that you’re eating the rainbow. It’s much easier to do in the summer, for sure! Hope you find something new and exciting to eat.
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Whoooohoooo a few more steps! Great Tuesday! Yeah!
    @JamieD328~ What on earth are you doing up at 4:24am posting here? Goodnes gracious. It may not be perfect or pretty, but you’re not hiding and you’re being honest with yourself. When you’re a food addict like me, those two things aren’t always easy. Way to be accountable!

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: yes
    Calories: exactly at goal, 1380/1380, not sure how I managed to swing that
    Exercise: No, I think unfortunately our outdoor tennis window has closed here in DC. Seems we had two quick weeks of spring and now it is HOT.
    Water: Better
    Day: A solid day to get back on track, I was feeling full and meh all day so ate salad for lunch and dinner to combat that feeling! Drank lots of water to combat all the salt I ate over the weekend.

Stepped on the scale this morning (Wednesday) and already lost a significant amount of the weight increase post holiday. I *should* weigh in tomorrow either the same weight as last week or a little less provided I work hard to hydrate and stay on track today. I'll just be happy with no gain considering my weight yesterday was up almost 5 pounds!!
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309~ "weigh" to get back on track. Glad you finally got some heat, we're getting a lot of rain. It makes for good morel hunting, but not walks and such. Do you have room to move to youtube videos? I've been having a blast finding and dancing to some I've found. It sure does make it easy when it's fun. :) Hope you have a hydrated day and get those lbs off!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hey Team Run Track Minds!
    Is there anyone interested in becoming Co-Captain and helping out your awesome Captain @johicks ?
  • johicks
    Options
    @Gustaaf85 - Of course we will have you back in July. I'll be sure to send you the registration link then. Have fun on vacation!

• johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 5/29)
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 12
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 68min
      30m: 5m w/up, 5m glider, 10m 1set resistance w/Zumba weight, 5m bike, 5m stretch/cool down.
      17m - walk to mom's & back
      10m - walk at work
      11m - walk after work
    • One post-dinner snack: None.
    • Kitchen Closed! -
  • johicks
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Is there anyone interested in becoming Co-Captain and helping out your awesome Captain @johicks ?

What would you do? Good question! A Gmail account is required to enter weights on a shared spreadsheet, help track the number of comments posted by team members, and comment to each team member. I am able to keep up, but it would be great to have a back-up! In the fall I tend to be a little busier. I can still do weekly challenge posts.
    So anyone able to help?
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »

What would you do? Good question! A Gmail account is required to enter weights on a shared spreadsheet, help track the number of comments posted by team members, and comment to each team member. I am able to keep up, but it would be great to have a back-up! In the fall I tend to be a little busier. I can still do weekly challenge posts.
    So anyone able to help?

Let me think about it the next couple of days.
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Let me think about it the next couple of days.

Please take your time. I appreciate you considering it.

This discussion has been closed.