TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: June Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW = 135.8
    CW= 134.6

Have an awesome June everyone!!! ❤️
  • LuluLovinLife
    Ooops... I should post this as week 5 for May instead of week 1 June right? Sorry!! I’ll post in the May group! Sorry! May has a few more weeks and screwed me up lol
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    ma0aoxl6qe1t.jpg
    Hello team! Welcome to June 2019!

My name is Joanna @johicks, I will be your captain for this month. Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month as well. To get you all started…
    My weight loss journey started when I was in elementary school and has been a struggle my entire life. I’ve lost a few times and almost reached a healthy goal weight. I hit my all-time high in the fall of 2016 and lost over 80# in 2017, but regained in 2018. So here I am hoping to truly learn this year what it takes to keep it off. I got back on MFP the end of March and joined this group for the April challenge. In April I lost 5.6#. In May I lost 9.4# My biggest challenges are exercise and my husband who loves to drink, eat, and cook. We're slowly getting better at working together to plan dinners.
    @RunTrackMinds is awesome. I’m happy to be here to help where I can and offer encouragement, support, and also be part of something that will help you, me, and our team stay on track and lose weight. My goals for June are to continue to increase the variety of exercises, the amount of time, and increase resistance exercise.

As taking part in this challenge your only requirement is to weigh in weekly. Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh-in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!! Please set-up your posts in the format below as it really makes it much easier to see your post to track properly.
    Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, May Week 5 (5/26)
    PW: 251.4
    CW: 250.4
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - optional
    One thing to improve: - optional

...to make it easier, copy and paste from week to week.

Also optional is taking part in the daily mini-challenge. (see the next post)
    c4mkzy9q51wd.jpg
  • johicks
    kiekqpdfx4vf.jpg

We are also going to continue with an optional Mini-Challenge this month somewhat based on “Daily Post for Ultimate Accountability.” First and foremost is that participation in the mini-challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this, the choice is yours. I encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and think about our goals on a daily basis. It's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

Our RTM Daily Posts Challenge follow these basic rules:
    • #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    • #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    • #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    • #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    • #5. Work towards healthier habits (you choose: increase water, journaling, self-care, overall wellness)
    It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgment-free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

**REMEMBER**
    -You set your own daily budget.
    -You choose your own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10-mile run.)
    -It is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    -Daily check-in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

Your optional mini-challenge posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (under /over)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Healthier habits: (you choose: variety of exercise, increase water, journaling, affirmations, self-care, positive self-talk, being kind to self, positive outlook, overall wellness, morning routine, night routine)
    Goals or Day: (Share a brief description about you, your day, your goals for the day, whatever you want)

Welcome to June! Let's all have a great month

16s58ykqpvne.jpg

• johicks
    @LuluLovinLife - LOL Glad you found the next month's thread and made it to May to post the last week. :)
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    @johicks glad to be in on the June challenge. Question for ya...I weigh in on Monday's, so does my final Monday weight post go on the May thread tomorrow, or on here for my starting weight, or will I weigh in here my starting weight the following Monday?
  • johicks
    jupdyke wrote: »
    @johicks glad to be in on the June challenge. Question for ya...I weigh in on Monday's, so does my final Monday weight post go on the May thread tomorrow, or on here for my starting weight, or will I weigh in here my starting weight the following Monday?

@jupdyke ~ Post in May, please. May's challenge ends June 1, and June starts June 2nd. :) Sorry I didn't get to this sooner.
  • johicks
    v5hc1q0965m7.jpg
    I know it can be confusing as to what month we are in when the dates cross from the previous month or into the next month. Hopefully, this will help.

For the Biggest Loser Challenge, our weeks start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday.
    THE TIMELINE FOR JUNE:
    Week 1: 6/02 -6/08; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 10
    Week 2: 6/09 -6/15; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 17
    Week 3: 6/16 -6/22; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 24
    Week 4: 6/23 -6/29; Winners Posted - By Mon, July 1

I'll try to remember to post each month. All you need to remember is there are 4 weeks in June starting June 2nd. :) I'm always here to answer questions. Just tag me... @johicks

• LuluLovinLife
    johicks wrote: »
    @LuluLovinLife - LOL Glad you found the next month's thread and made it to May to post the last week. :)

Thanks!! 😁 it won’t let me delete my post in here otherwise I would. Have a great day!
  • johicks
    We will start posting our daily mini-challenges in this thread starting Sunday, June 2nd. Until then, let's get to know each other.
  • johicks
    johicks wrote: »

Thanks!! 😁 it won’t let me delete my post in here otherwise I would. Have a great day!

LOL I know. I tried too. The only thing I've been able to do is edit (within 1 hour of posting) and replace the entire post with a . or :). LOL Oh well. No worries.
  • Watchme1989
    Watchme1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm a first time mom that is looking to lose 10 lbs during the current challenge (I'm more than 100 lbs overweight but small goals). I've been overweight most of my life, and right before finding out we were expecting I'd planned to get weight loss surgery only to realize it wasn't possible at the time. I've tried a handful of diets but I realize what I really need is good eating habits and accountability. My partner and I are big on Pokemon Go, go to the local parks pretty regularly, so I think exercise will come fairly easy.
  • johicks
    @Watchme1989 - HI!! losing 10# is doable. We look forward to your posts. I find that the accountability helps ALOT! Plus tracking what I eat daily. Making good choices, leading to good choices. :)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Hi I'm a 37 year old busy mum and student. Been overweight/obese my whole adult life. Joined MFP in January and lost 16lb the first 2 months, then sadly fell of the wagon and only lost another 4-5 lb since. Struggling to stay motivated. I tend to have a few good days, then some event where I don't control the food, big binge, followed by a struggle for about 3 weeks before getting back on track. It's like a cycle I'm stuck in.
    I've had a lot of positive encouragement on another group but wanting to change things up a bit to hopefully get going again. Would be amazing if I can lose 6-8lbs this month but any loss is good.
    Good luck everyone!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Hi guys! My name is Jamie and I am roasting here in North Florida. I am a mom of three, and perpetually trying to lose weight. I have been on this team through 3 months now I think, and its a fun and positive team.

@johicks Can I move my weigh in day for June to Thursdays?
  • bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    Great to be with like minded people! Two years ago I lost 60 pounds in about six months on a low carb/no processed food plan that made me happy and content, and capable of being more active. I was more than half way to my overall goal. “Just for the holidays” turned into 18 months and I gained it all back plus some. So I’m starting over on my 150 pound overall weight loss goal. I’m determined and excited to get my energy back, and my health on track.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Hi everybody! I’m Rachel. I’m 33, and at my heaviest weight right now. I’m a school teacher on summer break, with a big trip planned in July. I need to be able to fit in clothes, etc...but mainly I just need to feel good about myself, which right now I don’t. I definitely need the accountability, so here I am, and I’m really excited! My overall goal is to lose 37-40 lbs, but at this point anything will be exciting!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Hi everyone just found this thread. I’m 63 young and am determined to lose 100#. I was on a roll in January exercising and eating right but broke my ankle. Just started to walk/bike for exercise and starting to feel normal again ( ankle still still and swells up though). I hear it can take 12-18 months!
    I’m from Ontario Canada.
  • bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    Goodreadsgal,
    Do you have access to a pool anywhere? I have a hard time running, and even walking because my knees and back hate the extra weight. Even just walking laps in the pool can give you some cardio without putting so much pressure on your joints. I love it, and I don’t have that overly sweaty feeling when I’m done.
This discussion has been closed.