TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Replies

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Hello, I'm 41. I'm from southwest Missouri. I have spent most of my life being very overweight, driven a lot in my youth by medication side effects. I was placed on one medication in particular that slowed down my thyroid, and eventually caused permanent damage to it in my thirties. I have started to lose weight so many times and this time on Jan 2, I started with a goal of over 200 pounds to lose. I have lost 85 pounds since then. I eat differently and approach the idea of moving my body differently too. I also got off a medication that put 80 lbs on me and was making a walking zombie. I'm currently on a caffeine ban and activity restriction from my doctor as we run some tests, but as soon as everything is figured out I hope to back to taking my long walks again.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Hello, I'm 41. I'm from southwest Missouri. I have spent most of my life being very overweight, driven a lot in my youth by medication side effects. I was placed on one medication in particular that slowed down my thyroid, and eventually caused permanent damage to it in my thirties. I have started to lose weight so many times and this time on Jan 2, I started with a goal of over 200 pounds to lose. I have lost 85 pounds since then. I eat differently and approach the idea of moving my body differently too. I also got off a medication that put 80 lbs on me and was making a walking zombie. I'm currently on a caffeine ban and activity restriction from my doctor as we run some tests, but as soon as everything is figured out I hope to back to taking my long walks again.

Wow 85 is an amazing achievement! You should be so proud!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    @Perla4686 ~ Hi there! I understand the rollercoaster you are on trying to get yourself back on track. I struggled quite a bit of 2018 like that. In January I said... ENOUGH! But it wasn’t until I found this challenge and started tracking my food again daily that I found myself out of that cycle. I’m nowhere perfect, as I still have binges, but I’m able to get out of them a lot faster now. And with tracking and some journaling, I find that most of my bingers correlate with boredom or TOM. I am sure you will do great with our team… there is a lot of support and inspiration here.

@JamieD328- Send some of your heat up here to MI; but not too much! LOL ;) Yes, you can move your weigh-in days to Thursdays starting in June. :) You’re last Tuesday weigh-in will be tomorrow and posted in the May thread. Is that what you are thinking, too? I want to be sure we’re on the same page (or should I say thread!) LOL

@bhlavac5560~ It’s far to easy to do. And yes, like-minded we are- @RunTrackMinds in fact!! We not only want to lose the weight but to learn how to power THROUGH life to be able to keep it off. Glad you found this challenge. Awesome that you use the pool for exercise! FUN!

@red1185~ Glad you’re part of our team. We have one other teacher that I am aware of (@jupdyke). I got rid of my “fat” clothes the last time I lost weight, so when I started to gain I HAD to lose because I refused to buy more clothes. One month before your trip will get you to a good start for sure!

@goodreadsgal~ Hello in Canada. Oh I feel your pain. I’m 51 and broke my ankle back in ‘98 which turned into a huge gain; then it caused problems with my piriformis muscle tightening up and as I gained it all back, my knees, hips, etc. started to get sore. But I’m here to say that as I lose I’m finding that the pain is going away and I have some great stretching that I do that helps. I hope that you had some therapy to help get you back on your feet properly; I never did. Sounds like you’re on the right path to healing and getting the weight off. We’re here to help however we can!

@MaelynMayhem~ You always inspire! Happy to learn a little more about you. You are doing great!

ALL: Consider doing the daily mini-challenge to keep yourself accountable and to receive encouragement and support. It sure does help me!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Jen. I joined this group in May and lost a total of 7 lbs. in that month. I have lost a total of 17.6 lbs since starting my weightloss journey. I am 13.2 lbs away from my final goal. My mini-goal is to be in the 140's by the end of June. Totally doable. I work out faithfully 6 days a week with a combination of running, strength training, and home videos when the weather stinks and it's not a Strength trainging/gym day. I try to be quite faithful with logging my food and workouts in MFP. At this time my calories goal is 1250. I allow one cheat meal a week. On a personal note, I have a hard working husband who works out of town and is only home 3 days a week, 2 step sons ages 22 and 20, and 2 daughters ages 16 and 13. I am a 1st grade teacher and love what I do. I also just survived my 40th birthday! Phew...lol. looking forward to a great month in June. We've got this team!
  • jupdyke
    johicks wrote: »
    @Watchme1989 - HI!! losing 10# is doable. We look forward to your posts. I find that the accountability helps ALOT! Plus tracking what I eat daily. Making good choices, leading to good choices. :)

Welcome @Watchme1989 Congrats on your little bundle. There is no doubt you will meet your mini goal! June is going to rock!
  • jupdyke
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Hi I'm a 37 year old busy mum and student. Been overweight/obese my whole adult life. Joined MFP in January and lost 16lb the first 2 months, then sadly fell of the wagon and only lost another 4-5 lb since. Struggling to stay motivated. I tend to have a few good days, then some event where I don't control the food, big binge, followed by a struggle for about 3 weeks before getting back on track. It's like a cycle I'm stuck in.
    I've had a lot of positive encouragement on another group but wanting to change things up a bit to hopefully get going again. Would be amazing if I can lose 6-8lbs this month but any loss is good.
    Good luck everyone!

@Perla4686 Welcome to this awesome support group. You found a great group. You will no doubt reach your mini goal of 6-8 lbs.
  • jupdyke
    Great to be with like minded people! Two years ago I lost 60 pounds in about six months on a low carb/no processed food plan that made me happy and content, and capable of being more active. I was more than half way to my overall goal. “Just for the holidays” turned into 18 months and I gained it all back plus some. So I’m starting over on my 150 pound overall weight loss goal. I’m determined and excited to get my energy back, and my health on track.

Hi @bhlavac5560 We are right here for you. There is no doubt you will be back on track. Welcome!
  • jupdyke
    red1185 wrote: »
    Hi everybody! I’m Rachel. I’m 33, and at my heaviest weight right now. I’m a school teacher on summer break, with a big trip planned in July. I need to be able to fit in clothes, etc...but mainly I just need to feel good about myself, which right now I don’t. I definitely need the accountability, so here I am, and I’m really excited! My overall goal is to lose 37-40 lbs, but at this point anything will be exciting!

@red1185 Welcome! We have a few things in common, I am also a teacher ( won't be on bream until he end of this month) and I also have a big trip at the end if June/beginning of April. This is a great support group to help you reach your goals. You're going to crush those goals.
  • jupdyke
    Hi everyone just found this thread. I’m 63 young and am determined to lose 100#. I was on a roll in January exercising and eating right but broke my ankle. Just started to walk/bike for exercise and starting to feel normal again ( ankle still still and swells up though). I hear it can take 12-18 months!
    I’m from Ontario Canada.

Hi there @goodreadsgal. So sorry to hear about your injury. That definitely is a bummer. While exercise is limited for yoy, we will be right here to cheer you along. You can do this!
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Hi all, I am Bobby T. My weight goes up and down based on the time of year I manager two tax offices during tax season (gaining season). My goal is to not go so high but to go lower than my previous years. I am very active in Fitbit (usually 10 challenges) I play volleyball and basketball in the winter and summer (losing weight season) i play on 3 softball teams as well as several tournaments around the country. I am from Pittsburgh PA.
    I look forward to helping anyone in anyway I can!
    ☮️ Peace
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    @robandy12345 - Gutbusters

Hello there. Welcome to the June biggest challenge. This team is RunTrackMinds and I see that you were assigned to Ghostbusters. In order to get credit for your losses you will want to report to that thread. If you need assistance let me know.
    Thanks and good luck!

P.S. The team Captain of Gutbusters requested you on her team after your initial assignment to our team. Sorry for the confusion. You must know @BonnieHosk85.
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member

Thanks for the welcome. Just getting use to using this thread.

Are we supposed to check in daily with tracking/calories/exercising etc?
  • goodreadsgal
    How do you have a previous quote appear on your new post
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member

When viewing the post you would like to appear in your post click on the Quote at the bottom of the post.
  • johicks
    Good Tuesday morning! Yeah.. a 4-day work week. Lots of graduation parties to attend this month. Yikes! I have a basic plan that I’m sure I’ll be able to follow. My biggest eating challenge is nights. Hubby likes to snack and I also tended to snack a lot then too. Lately, I’m struggling again. But! I am going to put some strategies into place that I see some of my awesome @RunTrackMinds teammates use, so I CAN overcome! Starting tonight I’m keeping a journal to make a short list of six things:
    Three things I liked about my day:
    Three things I like about me:
    That came from @MaelynMayhem! Thank you!!
    @jupdyke~ L👀K at you welcoming all our new teammates. Wonderful. I know that they each appreciate it and will find why we are so excited about our @RunTrackMinds team and this June challenge. And congrats on your June loss and for getting yourself so close to your goal. I’m learning how important exercise is, even though I don't like it! HA! Having someone who does like it on our team helps keep me motivated. Thank you!
    @goodreadsgal ~ I’m glad that you are familiarizing yourself with the thread and asking questions. We want this to be a smooth transition and uncomplicated process so that you are successful. Feel free to start posting your daily mini-challenge on the thread now. You won’t see some of post yet, as we are still currently in May wrapping up the last week there.

Your optional mini-challenge posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (under /over)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Healthier habits: (you choose: a variety of exercise, increase water, journaling, affirmations, self-care, positive self-talk, being kind to self, positive outlook, overall wellness, morning routine, night routine, increase sleep)
    Goals or Day: (Share a brief description about you, your day, your goals for the day, whatever you want).

• johicks

When viewing the post you would like to appear in your post click on the Quote at the bottom of the post.

Thank you @MaelynMayhem!!! @goodreadsgal. Maelyn is right. See at the bottom of the post, you can mark choose one of the following: flag, quote, insightful, inspiring, like, woo, or hug. We hope this helps.

Please ask questions. We are here to help. :)
  • johicks
    I just learned something new. @LuluLovinLife remember we were talking about deleting our posts. We can't delete another's, but we can delete our own. Here is how.....

Click flag and then click Report and then choose "this is my post and I want to delete it."
  • goodreadsgal

Thank you @MaelynMayhem!!! @goodreadsgal. Maelyn is right. See at the bottom of the post, you can mark choose one of the following: flag, quote, insightful, inspiring, like, woo, or hug. We hope this helps.

Please ask questions. We are here to help. :)

Thank. You
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    So excited to have found this challenge!!! I’m recommitting today!! So happy to join you all!!!!
This discussion has been closed.