TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Current @RunTrackMinds team members. . .
    @johicks, @J0d13mcc, @LuluLovinLife, @MaelynMayhem, @Toyota100, @Jactop, @JammyPea
    @Jupdyke, @Klilev, @skullsandskeletons, @JamieD328, @jwall309, @_Cece_x, @ajaia2001, @Fivepts, @germaine_yee , @peacekeace, @pratainua, @ALA155, @victorious55, @Lovethyneighbor

Let's give a warm welcome to our newest team members:
    @Perla4686
    @goodreadsgal
    @watchme1989
    @bhlavac5560
    @michellekpenning
    @Red1185
    @susie1328
    @Happymere
    @Just4peju
    @Nige1313
    @kristynkayte
    @Maddiesmommy6611
    @Hey3432
    @LMDLove230

And recently added . . .
    @Gen216
    @KetoNurseEmery
    @Qbaimee
    sxn1z8gzozyb.jpg

Welcome to all newcomers!! We're glad you are part of our team. And to all that carried over from May- SO SO glad you're sticking with it!! If you haven't yet, please go to the first page of this thread to read the welcome and introduction, then consider introducing yourself, and also read the two posts about how and when to post your weigh-in and consider participating in the daily mini-challenge.

And here are two more team members!!
    @Shersuntha
    @bakay138

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody, and happy losing!! I just wanted to say thanks again for all of the support and motivation. Reading y’all’s replies of encouragement definitely inspire me to keep going. This morning I got up, took my dog on a mile-long walk, and then had a protein-filled breakfast. That makes 4 days of exercise this week, with 1 more to go. I’m super excited (and proud of myself for actually doing it!), and can’t wait to start seeing results!! Y’all are awesome! Have a great weekend!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all our new team members. It's Friday for me, so here's my info. I'm not sure what week I should write though since it's still May here but we are starting a new month.

User Name: Fivepts
    Weigh in week: May/June- wk 1?
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 145.6
    Current Weight: 144.1
    Weight loss 1.5 lb
  • johicks
    Options
    v5hc1q0965m7.jpg
    I know it can be confusing as to what month we are in when the dates cross from the previous month or into the next month. Hopefully, this will help.

For the Biggest Loser Challenge, our weeks start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday.
    THE TIMELINE FOR JUNE:
    Week 1: 6/02 -6/08; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 10
    Week 2: 6/09 -6/15; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 17
    Week 3: 6/16 -6/22; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 24
    Week 4: 6/23 -6/29; Winners Posted - By Mon, July 1

I'll try to remember to post each month. All you need to remember is there are 4 weeks in June starting June 2nd. :) I'm always here to answer questions. Just tag me... @johicks

@red1185 Awesome! Way to start the day... good for you! Yes, lots of support and encouragement here! We look forward to your updates and posts.

@Fivepts - This is the week that gets confusing, as it's the end of one month for us; while others are joining us to start the new month. I'm going to copy your post and put it May... as June doesn't "officially" start until Sunday, June 2nd. No worries- I gotcha! :)
  • johicks
    Options
    Our June challenge officially starts on Sunday!!
    roii9m4iynas.jpg
    I like that we each contribute to the team just because we are open, honest, and ourselves! A TEAM!!
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your warm welcome! I am looking forward to the accountability and camaraderie a challenge provides and also looking forward to getting to know everyone. :smile:

My info:

Username: bakay138
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Starting weight: 226

Have a great day everyone!
  • johicks
    Options
    Here (I believe) is the official "team roster" for @RunTrackMinds June ......carried over from May:
    Team Captains: @johicks & @MaelynMayhem
    @LuluLovinLife
    @Toyota100
    @Jactop
    @JammyPea
    @jupdyke
    @klilev
    @skullsandskeletons
    @JamieD328
    @jwall309
    @_Cece_x
    @ajaia2001
    @Fivepts
    @germaine_yee
    @peacekeace
    @pratainua
    @ala155
    @victorious55
    @Lovethyneighbor

And our newcomers!! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest team members:
    @Perla4686
    @goodreadsgal
    @watchme1989
    @bhlavac5560
    @michellekpenning
    @Red1185
    @susie1328
    @Happymere
    @Just4peju
    @Nige1313
    @kristynkayte
    @Maddiesmommy6611
    @Hey3432
    @LMDLove230
    @Gen216
    @KetoNurseEmery
    @Qbaimee
    @Shersuntha
    @bakay138
    @wander216
    sxn1z8gzozyb.jpg

Welcome to all!! We're glad you are part of our team. And to all that carried over from May- SO SO glad you're sticking with it!! If you haven't yet, please go to the first page of this thread to read the welcome and introduction, then consider introducing yourself, and also read the two posts about how and when to post your weigh-in and consider participating in the daily mini-challenge.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions. Please "tag" both your captains using the @ symbol in front of our names so that we will be notified of your question. It would look like this... @johicks and @MaelynMayhem

• johicks
    Options
    bakay138 wrote: »
    Thank you for your warm welcome! I am looking forward to the accountability and camaraderie a challenge provides and also looking forward to getting to know everyone. :smile:

My info:

Username: bakay138
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Starting weight: 226

Have a great day everyone!

So glad you are here as part of our team. We love to be accountable here!
  • Nige1313
    Nige1313 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Nigel, I am 54 and from Winchester in England. I was an active kid. I joined our Military (Army) at the age of 16 and served 24 years. During that time I was pretty fit and any additional weight that went on and off I hardly noticed. My 6’ 4” frame carried it well. I left the military in 2005 and have pretty much been flying a desk since them. I continue to run and went through a stage of strength training from 2006 – 2015. I have many half marathons under my belt, the London marathon, and various other physical challenges, so I try to keep my fitness up. But I guess sitting down all day has slowly put it on. A couple of years back I was sat at 237lb, I was always around 195 from 20 years thru 40 years.

At my 237 I decided to go for the marathon to give me a goal, it worked I got myself down to 211. From there I was determined to get lower and give myself some wriggle room. In 2015 I got down to 182 and 14%BF and felt great. Was it sustainable, not sure, the pressure of a new job, lack of discipline and pure laziness over the past couple of years has got me back up to where I am today 227.

I know I can lose quite quickly. My worst trait is I am an all or nothing guy, 100% discipline, by best trait is I am an all or nothing guy, 100% discipline.

With a strong following wind, I will be looking to lose a stone + this month. I know my first week will see pretty big losses, I always do when I get my 100% on. Then I will get into the grind and that’s where it matters.

I admit to trying most WOE. Paleo, Juice only, this plan that plan, Keto. And they all worked for me, the common denominator – a calorie deficit. As long as I stay focused and stay under budget the accountability to the group will have me getting results.

Plan is – under budget, moderate amount of running, some weights and have fun.

Happy Days ahead........
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @Red1185 - Great job on your walk, I’m sure your dog loved it too! I’m positive you’ll get the next day of activity in.

@bakay138 - Great to have you on the team!

@Nige1313 - Hello, Nigel! Losing a stone is a serious a goal, and I believe you can do it! You have a solid plan in place!
  • Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Nige1313, remind me how many lbs in a stone?? I'm with you, consistency is key and this group will help keep us honest :)

I went for a 'run' at lunch, it was been a while so it was more walking than running, but still better than sitting on my butt doing nothing!
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Glad I made it to the team! Super excited about this challenge because I have accountability issues at times, this program will keep me going. I’ve lost 20 lbs from the last 3 months and want to drop another 13lbs.
    I am from central British Colombia, Canada.
    Super warm here in the last week. Enjoying every minute of it.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    So do I post my weigh in today or is the first weigh in next week? Anyway, I've stayed the same, so not much to report. Struggling to get back on plan, food has been terrible!
  • Nige1313
    Nige1313 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey3432 wrote: »
    @Nige1313, remind me how many lbs in a stone?? I'm with you, consistency is key and this group will help keep us honest :)

I went for a 'run' at lunch, it was been a while so it was more walking than running, but still better than sitting on my butt doing nothing!

14 lb in a stone :smile:
  • johicks
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    So do I post my weigh in today or is the first weigh in next week? Anyway, I've stayed the same, so not much to report. Struggling to get back on plan, food has been terrible!

The challenge official starts Sunday, June 2nd. Weigh-in starts next week.
  • johicks
    Options
    wander216 wrote: »
    Glad I made it to the team! Super excited about this challenge because I have accountability issues at times, this program will keep me going. I’ve lost 20 lbs from the last 3 months and want to drop another 13lbs.
    I am from central British Colombia, Canada.
    Super warm here in the last week. Enjoying every minute of it.

Oh you are going to love the accountability this challenge provides and the support and encouragement this team has! Glad you're part of the team. We have a few Canadians and one from England. How exciting, eh? Look forward to more posts from you.
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What’s everyone’s bigger issue, meeting your calorie deficit or meeting exercise goals? I personally am the worst at meeting my calorie deficit. If I don’t have a loss, that’s why. I tend to go hard on the exercise to make up for it.
  • johicks
    Options
    What’s everyone’s bigger issue, meeting your calorie deficit or meeting exercise goals? I personally am the worst at meeting my calorie deficit. If I don’t have a loss, that’s why. I tend to go hard on the exercise to make up for it.

Thanks for starting a worthwhile conversation. I'm 90% good at getting my calorie deficit in. The10% weakness is a few night binges/month. I'm working at creating new habits in the evening to help. I struggle more with exercise! Right now my knees, feet, and hips HURT from carrying all this extra weight. I do my exercise in short intervals throughout the day. That seems to work best for me right now. I have noticed the days that I have exercised 2-3x and for 30mins or over is when I lose weight or have a slight gain if I binged.

I'm really working more on how to pay attention to what I am doing so that when I get to my goal weight, I will know how to maintain.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @Hey3432 - Good job on your run at lunch. It’s a great start to get back into that activity.

@wander216 - Welcome! I am glad you are here. You have done very well over the past few months. I am confident you will lose that last 13 lbs. I am in southwest Missouri, USA and have been enjoying our cooler than average weather. LOL

@MADDIESMOMMY6611 - My biggest challenge right now is my health. I have physical and mental health issues. Right now I still have some depressive symptoms that can just wipe me out. My doctor and dietitian agreed that I should reduce my activity and try to keep my pulse 122 or less while they figure out what’s going on with my heart.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options

@MADDIESMOMMY6611 Great question. I am right there with you. Mine is my food intake. Especially on the weekends. I am rock solid on exercising about 6 days a week. I try to keep my calorie goal to 1250. I do well during the week. Weekends are my struggle which is why I force myself to have Monday weigh ins. Lol. All I can say is good thing I work out as much as I do or else I'd be a lot further away from my final goal.
This discussion has been closed.