TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Be sure to bookmark this thread by clicking the star ⭐ at the top, then you will also receive notifications when teammates post. Our June challenge starts Sunday, June 2nd. TOMORROW!! We look forward to seeing who will post daily to be part of the mini-challenge to help YOU be accountable towards your monthly June goal. If you have questions do not hesitate to ask. You can tag both @MaelynMayhem and me @johicks. We’re here and happy to help!
    v5hc1q0965m7.jpg
    For the Biggest Loser Challenge, our weeks start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday.
    THE TIMELINE FOR JUNE:
    Week 1: 6/02 -6/08; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 10
    Week 2: 6/09 -6/15; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 17
    Week 3: 6/16 -6/22; Winners Posted - By Mon, June 24
    Week 4: 6/23 -6/29; Winners Posted - By Mon, July 1

There are 4 weeks in June! Make a goal, get motivated, make a plan, put it into action, and stay determined!
    e9yks6zkf5wa.jpg

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning definitely NOT wanting to get out of bed, and exercise...BUT I made myself go as soon as possible because I knew if I waited too long it was going to get too hot, and that would be my excuse not to. So I did it!! I got up, and did my 30 minutes of run/walk, and I’m so glad I did!
    I’m trying to put away all the excuses, and just do it!! No more “I can’t because....or I don’t want to....”
    Good luck everyone, and happy losing!!
  • johicks
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning definitely NOT wanting to get out of bed, and exercise...BUT I made myself go as soon as possible because I knew if I waited too long it was going to get too hot, and that would be my excuse not to. So I did it!! I got up, and did my 30 minutes of run/walk, and I’m so glad I did!
    I’m trying to put away all the excuses, and just do it!! No more “I can’t because....or I don’t want to....”
    Good luck everyone, and happy losing!!

🙋 🌞 😎 Good Morning!! 👋 Yep!! That's Determination! 🏃 👊 👏 👍
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MaelynMayhem
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My workout coach (Local HIIT Class) quit on our group again. 😢 I live way out in a tiny town far from the real world. We have busy schedules with baseball, dance, work and everything in between where we have to travel to the next town over to be able to do al those things. My workout class was the only things within 10 minutes to home. Working out is my only outlet from the everyday stress and now I do not have another option to workout. Working out at home is impossible bc someone always needs something. It got to the point where escaping for class was the only way of having ‘me’ time and not worrying about making supper, cleaning or doing some task for someone else. 😩 I am beyond frustrated.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 mins on elliptical machine
    Goal/Day: Not much going on for me on this Saturday. Ate my meals and did some exercising. Now just gonna relax and enjoy some TV.
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So far I’m under my calories for the day. I did CrossFit this morning. It was a pretty brutal class. 400m sandbag carry, followed by 8 rounds of kettle bell swing, wall balls, burpees, and a .25 mile run. I normally never quit early, but today I only made it through 7 rounds. Burpees + running is a killer for me.

Even though it doesn’t count, I dropped about 2 lbs since last week! Woohoo.
  • johicks
    Options
    My workout coach (Local HIIT Class) quit on our group again. 😢 I live way out in a tiny town far from the real world. We have busy schedules with baseball, dance, work and everything in between where we have to travel to the next town over to be able to do al those things. My workout class was the only things within 10 minutes to home. Working out is my only outlet from the everyday stress and now I do not have another option to workout. Working out at home is impossible bc someone always needs something. It got to the point where escaping for class was the only way of having ‘me’ time and not worrying about making supper, cleaning or doing some task for someone else. 😩 I am beyond frustrated.

So can you get together with some of those people from the class and start a walking group? For sure keep Th st timeslot FOR YOU!! Go to the next town and walk. I understand about being in rural country. Hope you can find a way. Hugs
  • johicks
    Options
    So far I’m under my calories for the day. I did CrossFit this morning. It was a pretty brutal class. 400m sandbag carry, followed by 8 rounds of kettle bell swing, wall balls, burpees, and a .25 mile run. I normally never quit early, but today I only made it through 7 rounds. Burpees + running is a killer for me.

woooohoooo!! Keep at it. Your first weigh in will be awesome!!
  • johicks
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 mins on elliptical machine
    Goal/Day: Not much going on for me on this Saturday. Ate my meals and did some exercising. Now just gonna relax and enjoy some TV.

@ajaia2001 - I know it's June 1st; but this is the last day for May's challenge. It's a confusing couple of days before the switch over. So I copied it over to May so that you get credit for this post. You deserve some R&R!
  • Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

That sounds brutal!! Good for you for doing it. I did a trial crossfit class last December and decided to buy 10 classes...I havent been back since! Need to get my butt in gear or else that’s a lot of $ wasted .
  • Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didn’t do a workout today but I did walk 10000 steps, so that’s something!
  • johicks
    Options
    Hey3432 wrote: »
    I didn’t do a workout today but I did walk 10000 steps, so that’s something!

Walking IS exercise. :)
  • johicks
    Options
    Okay..... Let JUNE BEGIN!! Here is the first official weigh-in for the month. For format, the first four lines are required for weigh-in; the other lines are optional.
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, June Week 1 (6/02)
    PW: 250.4
    CW: 248.8
    One thing I did well: Exercise: More time and added resistance moves w/ lightweights.
    One thing to improve: Still! The late night binges!

Very unexpected!! But, I think I’m learning more about my body and how I need exercise throughout the day, not just one long chunk in the morning. That seems to work best for me right now.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 172.8
    CW: 168.2
    One thing I did well: I got up everyday, and exercised in some format. I either took my dog on a walk, or did the run/walk couch to 5k.
    One thing I need to work on: continuing to move a lot throughout the day
  • Nige1313
    Nige1313 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Username: Nige1313
    PW: 227.4
    CW: 222.6
    One thing I did well: Walked or ran 4.2 miles every day this week
    One thing I need to work on: Remembering to bring more water, just plain old water.

Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes - 4.2 mile run
    Healthier habits: No picking between meals and planning my meals a day ahead
    Goals or Day: Drink more of that water stuff
  • johicks
    Options
    @red1185 - Nice loss. Awesome start to the challenge. Exercised every day! whoooohoooo!! Even if it's 10-15mins of exercise in the evening... you can do it!
    @Nige1313 - Wooohoooo! Quite the loss. Well on your way to losing another stone. I have several water bottles that very in color and size. Makes me feel like I'm drinking something else. I add citrus to some of the bottles or diluted flavoring packets (i.e. crystal light.) Great week and good goals!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I have packed up the car for checkout, even though our concert is almost 3 hours away. I have walked back to sit at the sweat lodge aka the bongo class to roast in solidarity with my son, since my stepbrother is in class with my daughter. Had a bad night because my joints were having an extremely bad flare up. Not unheard of, but the worst I have had, complete with crying while everyone else was asleep because I couldn't get in my car for tylenol because the keys were locked in another vehicle, and eating 5 of the kids chewable ibuprofen when I realized they were in my suitcase. We will probably skip doing this again until cooler weather. Otherwise, its been fun and I have stayed active.
  • johicks
    Options
    So newcomers.. this should be inspiring! The MAY GRAND FINALE RESULTS ARE IN!!
    johicks wrote: »
    qaw7dqyz1n14.gif

Here are some statistics for our aMAYzing month…
    21 out of 30 registered, stuck with us and weighed in every week - 70%
    85% of us loss in May for a total 93.6lbs lost, here is a breakdown of how much we loss:
    4- 4% or higher for 38.4lbs
    4- 3.0-3.99% for 29.6lbs
    3- 2.0-2.99% for 11.7lbs
    4- 1.0-1.99% for 11.9lbs
    3- Below 1% for 5.4lbs

This is truly aMAYzing and I’m so excited for all of us to be the Biggest Loser Team for May. Let’s all work hard and see if we can also be the Team that wins Biggest Loser for June. It will take each one of us staying focused on our weight loss journey. Doing the daily mini-challenge helps for accountability. Happy Losing!

AB0215 wrote: »
    THE MAY'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @o0kody0o. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 6.56% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN APRIL IS ..... RUN TRACK MINDS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM RUN TRACK MINDS!!

WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH MAY TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. ALL WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 3%, AND EVEN 4 OR 5% OR MORE LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 430.3 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS @HASWLRS. @pkg1998. @AB0215. @gjaholy33. @mram3582. @johicks. @BonnieHosk85. AND COACH @craigo3154.!! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE APRIL GRAND FINALE RESULTS:
    ~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @o0kody0o. - 6.56%
    2nd - @aadubb. - 6.43%
    3rd - @cydneebauman. - 6.37%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    💝1st - Run Track Minds. - 1.95%💝
    2nd - The Slimsons. - 1.77%
    3rd - Gutbusters. - 1.76%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Tracie_Lord. - 4.25%
    2nd - @EnyaGoBoom. - 4.19%
    3rd - @ForLangston. - 3.70%

The Slimsons
    1st - @o0kody0o. - 6.56%
    2nd - @aadubb. - 6.43%
    3rd - @cydneebauman. - 6.37%

Gutbusters
    1st - @deanit. - 5.71%
    2nd - @shalvy2007. - 3.49%
    3rd - @bdashnay. - 3.17%

💝Run Track Minds💝
    1st - @MaelynMayhem. - 4.97%💝
    2nd - @Jupdyke. - 4.37% 💝
    3rd - @_cece_x. - 4.17% 💝

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @ccornell1980. - 4.06%
    2nd - @gloliver3. - 3.78%
    3rd - @empire5. - 3.36%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @gloliver3. - 14.0 lbs.
    💝2nd - @MaelynMayhem. - 13.4 lbs.💝
    3rd - @cydneebauman. - 12.8 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 64.8 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 100.1 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 84.2 lbs.
    💝Run Track Minds - 78.8 lbs.💝
    Flab-U-Less - 67.5 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 395.4 lbs

• bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Username: bhlavac5560
    Week: Sunday, June 2nd week one
    PW: 287.4
    CW: 286.2
    Loss: 1.2
    One thing I did well: no food from outside the house.
    One thing to work on: need to move more
This discussion has been closed.