TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @johicks I checked my weight this morning and I was actually 174.8. I'll admit the 177 was a bit of a guess so maybe you can change it to today's weight. don't want to cheat!! :)
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Current @RunTrackMinds team members. . .
    @johicks, @J0d13mcc, @LuluLovinLife, @MaelynMayhem, @Toyota100, @Jactop, @JammyPea
    @Jupdyke, @Klilev, @skullsandskeletons, @JamieD328, @jwall309, @_Cece_x, @ajaia2001, @Fivepts, @germaine_yee , @peacekeace, @pratainua, @ALA155, @victorious55

Let's give a warm welcome to our newest team members:
    @Perla4686
    @goodreadsgal
    @watchme1989
    @bhlavac5560
    @michellekpenning
    @Red1185
    @susie1328
    @Happymere
    @Just4peju
    @Nige1313
    @kristynkayte
    @Maddiesmommy6611
    @Hey3432
    @LMDLove230

And recently added . . .
    @Gen216
    @KetoNurseEmery
    @Qbaimee
    sxn1z8gzozyb.jpg

Welcome to all newcomers!! We're glad you are part of our team. And to all that carried over from May- SO SO glad you're sticking with it!! If you haven't yet, please go to the first page of this thread to read the welcome and introduction, then consider introducing yourself, and also read the two posts about how and when to post your weigh-in and consider participating in the daily mini-challenge.

• MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

While I have lost weight on my own in the past, doing it as a community makes the process much more interesting. I was doing great in March and April, averaging about 6/7 lb losses each month, but May I've only lost about 2 pounds. :neutral:

I am hoping this challenge will be the push I need to do better in June. I really would like to be in ONEderland next month. I'm only 7 lbs away! Best of luck to all of us. :)

• johicks
    Options
    Hey3432 wrote: »
    @johicks I checked my weight this morning and I was actually 174.8. I'll admit the 177 was a bit of a guess so maybe you can change it to today's weight. don't want to cheat!! :)

@Hey3432 ~ I'll check with Ashley to see if that is possible, as she's setting up the main spreadsheet for June to get us started and still adding more people for this month. But before I do, the question is, do you want to change your weigh-in day to Thursday, since you did weigh today? It's not cheating since everyone new starting the challenge had to give a weight almost a week prior to starting. But it's all up to you. This is your journey. :)
  • Hey3432
    Options
    @johicks sure let's change it to Thursday. Hope that I'm not giving you too much extra work!! thanks :)
  • Hey3432
    Options
    Hello all!

While I have lost weight on my own in the past, doing it as a community makes the process much more interesting. I was doing great in March and April, averaging about 6/7 lb losses each month, but May I've only lost about 2 pounds. :neutral:

I am hoping this challenge will be the push I need to do better in June. I really would like to be in ONEderland next month. I'm only 7 lbs away! Best of luck to all of us. :)

2 lbs loss is better than a gain! But I can understand where you are coming from. Getting to ONEderland is a very inspiring goal. I'm sure you can do it!
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I am so excited to be a part of this challenge. It sounds very fun and very motivational.
    I am 42 years old and from the New Orleans area. I have been struggling with my weight since I was about 20. Back in February 2015 I hit an all time high of 311 lbs (318 by my home scale). I felt terrible, I could not do anything b/c I was so heavy so I decided to have VSG surgery on February 24 of that year. I managed to get down to 174 in one years time. (loss of 137 lbs). Weight loss surgery does NOT fix your brain/mind. It's very easy to fall back into old habits which is exactly what happened to me. About 2 years ago I regained about 66 lbs. bringing me back up to 239 lbs. I am 213 right now. Still a ways away from my lowest in the last 4 years.

Losing weight and staying focused is hard. We all need support at some point in our journeys and mine is definitely right now.

My goal for this month is to lose 10lbs and track consistently. I am excited to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It’s never too late to be who you might have been. - George Elliot
  • johicks
    Options
    Hello all!

Welcome!! And I so agree! Losing weight together is so much easier. You WILL be in ONEderland, soon! Let's do this!
  • johicks
    Options
    It’s never too late to be who you might have been. - George Elliot

Exactly!! Working on it every day. :)
  • johicks
    Options
    Hey3432 wrote: »
    @johicks sure let's change it to Thursday. Hope that I'm not giving you too much extra work!! thanks :)

OKay... I'll verify it's not too late to change from Friday to Thursday and provide the new eight. Congrats on a loss even before the challenge starts. :)
  • johicks
    Options
    Qbaimee wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!! I am so excited to be a part of this challenge. It sounds very fun and very motivational.
    I am 42 years old and from the New Orleans area. I have been struggling with my weight since I was about 20. Back in February 2015 I hit an all time high of 311 lbs (318 by my home scale). I felt terrible, I could not do anything b/c I was so heavy so I decided to have VSG surgery on February 24 of that year. I managed to get down to 174 in one years time. (loss of 137 lbs). Weight loss surgery does NOT fix your brain/mind. It's very easy to fall back into old habits which is exactly what happened to me. About 2 years ago I regained about 66 lbs. bringing me back up to 239 lbs. I am 213 right now. Still a ways away from my lowest in the last 4 years.

Losing weight and staying focused is hard. We all need support at some point in our journeys and mine is definitely right now.

My goal for this month is to lose 10lbs and track consistently. I am excited to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Glad you are here, too! Yes it seems to be more mental, than physical. TOGETHER we can do this! Tracking is a huge priority for most of us. Hopefully, you'll join the mini-challenge. Chat soon!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Y’all are awesome for support and motivation! This week I started using a “couch to 5k” app to get me up and moving. It’s 30 minutes 3x a week, where I’m walking with intermittent running. There are definitely moments while I’m running that I think I can’t do it anymore, but I make myself push through! Even though it’s only been the first 2 days of week 1 I’m considering myself successful because I actually did it, and didn’t quit; so now I’m excited to keep going, and see what happens!

I’ve also started a mini-weight loss challenge within a group of friends in addition to this one, so hopefully that’ll be a good motivator, too! Hopefully I beat all of them lol

Good luck everybody!!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    @red1185 - I love Couch to 5K programs! I was doing the Zombies, Run version for awhile. I had to stop due to medical reasons. I bet with your motivation AND determination you will beat all of them on your mini-challenge.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @red1185 - I love Couch to 5K programs! I was doing the Zombies, Run version for awhile. I had to stop due to medical reasons. I bet with your motivation AND determination you will beat all of them on your mini-challenge.

@MaelynMayhem Thanks for the encouragement! What’s the Zombies, Run program?? See I really like stuff where I don’t feel like I’m exercising, but I couldn’t really find a good one (that’s free!).
    I really hope you’re right! I have to do something to get this weight off!!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »

@MaelynMayhem Thanks for the encouragement! What’s the Zombies, Run program?? See I really like stuff where I don’t feel like I’m exercising, but I couldn’t really find a good one (that’s free!).
    I really hope you’re right! I have to do something to get this weight off!!

The Zombies, Run program is more of a story driven program than just a training program. First session is just training but the second you get a taste of the story, third one you have to do something for Able Township where you’re stationed and learning to get better. At the end of each session you “receive “ a gift. There’s some humor in it too. It’s not free but it’s not expensive either. It’s Zombies, Run 5K not to be confused with the original Zombies, Run! app.
  • johicks
    Options
    us2ch2m0ytzh.jpg
    I am super excited to announce that one of our successful losers has stepped up to be co-captain to our great team! Thank you @MaelynMayhem. So as we figure things out, please try to remember to tag both of us when you have questions. Please join me in thanking Maelyn. I do hope she gets just as much fulfillment from this, as I do. :)

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!
    @AB0215 Thanks for sending out another request. It will be nice to have a partner in case I need it. It truly does take teamwork!
  • johicks
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Y’all are awesome for support and motivation! This week I started using a “couch to 5k” app to get me up and moving. It’s 30 minutes 3x a week, where I’m walking with intermittent running. There are definitely moments while I’m running that I think I can’t do it anymore, but I make myself push through! Even though it’s only been the first 2 days of week 1 I’m considering myself successful because I actually did it, and didn’t quit; so now I’m excited to keep going, and see what happens!

I’ve also started a mini-weight loss challenge within a group of friends in addition to this one, so hopefully that’ll be a good motivator, too! Hopefully I beat all of them lol

Good luck everybody!!

So excited for you! Way to go! I'm doing dance videos, I too have to push myself. Look forward to hearing about your progress.
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Current @RunTrackMinds team members. . .
    @johicks, @J0d13mcc, @LuluLovinLife, @MaelynMayhem, @Toyota100, @Jactop, @JammyPea
    @Jupdyke, @Klilev, @skullsandskeletons, @JamieD328, @jwall309, @_Cece_x, @ajaia2001, @Fivepts, @germaine_yee , @peacekeace, @pratainua, @ALA155, @victorious55

Let's give a warm welcome to our newest team members:
    @Perla4686
    @goodreadsgal
    @watchme1989
    @bhlavac5560
    @michellekpenning
    @Red1185
    @susie1328
    @Happymere
    @Just4peju
    @Nige1313
    @kristynkayte
    @Maddiesmommy6611
    @Hey3432
    @LMDLove230

And recently added . . .
    @Gen216
    @KetoNurseEmery
    @Qbaimee
    sxn1z8gzozyb.jpg

Welcome to all newcomers!! We're glad you are part of our team. And to all that carried over from May- SO SO glad you're sticking with it!! If you haven't yet, please go to the first page of this thread to read the welcome and introduction, then consider introducing yourself, and also read the two posts about how and when to post your weigh-in and consider participating in the daily mini-challenge.

And here are two more team members!!
    @Shersuntha
    @bakay138
  • Hey3432
    Options
    @red1185, couch to 5k is a great way to get you moving, and funning 5k is such a great goal. I get that it may seem hard now, but you'll be there in no time.
This discussion has been closed.