Down a week ago, and now up again.
    Holiday wknd, parties, projects, visiters = loose planning
    Planning is necessary for success
    I got this.
    Have a good week everyone B)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    can easily be sodium / water / just plain "stuff in intestines" .... if you promptly revert to "best habits" it will reverse itself fairly quickly.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I am in the process of "recovering" from an Italian Wedding Shower myself .... fortunately, my weigh-in day was before the spike, and I should be back to "no change level" by Friday. The wedding itself won't be until July .
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @mari_moulin so proud of you and inspired by your hard hard work and success. You look amazing! You are, however, beautiful in all of these photos. We all need to see ourselves as beautiful wherever we are in our journey. (That’s for me as much as anyone.). What I see in the second set of photos is a mighty woman who took charge of her health and life. So proud of you!!!👏🏼🎉❤️
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Question .... what are guests wearing to weddings these days? I will be needing to shop for a new dress.

Something one can dance in .... (wife of friend-since-high-school of Father Of Bride - no relation but known the bride forever .... )
  • micki48
    Options
    My work in progress is repainting the cape of super squirrel, my garden buddy, with my granddaughter. She loves him! xgszlsponnye.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps 5/28 11,106
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh day Wednesday
    PW - 175.8
    CW - 177.8
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I just heard about the tornadoes and storms that came thru the KC area last night ... anybody affected or know people who were? How are you / they doing?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Wacky Wednesday.

I hope today goes better than yesterday - had rather a crash and burn day. Didn't work up a good sweat, went out to dinner unexpectedly and both ate and drank more than I needed, for sure. I think the last week or so I have been going a bit too low on calories, and then the desire to keep eating kicked in. I have also been feeling a bit light-headed when I exercise. I tend to get low blood pressure if I'm eating too little, so I must curb my enthusiasm for losing more weight and get back on a healthier number of calories. Now that I am in my maintenance range, I find the tolerances for both too much and too little are tiny. One morning I lost .4 just between getting up and before breakfast - about an hour! So @perla4686 - your small gain is nothing to worry about! You know what to do :smile:

@Terytha - I am SO jealous! I cannot have a dog because of my husband's severe asthma, but I trained dogs to put myself through university, and always had dogs until meeting this tall person at 36 and starting a family at 38. Usually I decide that having a family is better than having a dog, but sometimes I wonder!!

@juliemargaretkim welcome! I hope you find us and join in our allovertheplace discussions. Tell us about yourself, and dive in!

@karenesg and @offitgoes - as you say, you know what to do!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    UserID: fourathomej
    Weigh in: Wedn Week 4
    PW: 149
    CW: 149.2
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,276 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    5/27 - 10871
    5/28 - 14592
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    My doctor's appointment was a waste of time. Prescribed me the same OTC stuff I already use. Stomach is still a mess, I'm so bloated I look like I'm 8 months pregnant. I'm having to work hard to eat enough, I can hardly stomach water. :(

At least I can look forward to the puppy. I can't have children safely so I get small fuzzies instead.

have you tried dropping dairy or gluten just to see if those could be causing the bloating and stomach issues? they are the 2 most common intolerances that might cause those problems.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    So the shakes I've been talking about have stopped thankfully. From my research I think it was a bout of hypoglycemia (I also had some heart palpitations which fits with hypoglycemia) so obviously I will get checked out by my doctor. I have had hypothyroidism for a very long time but it's fully controlled by medication. Apparently these 2 conditions are quite common together (according to Dr Google).
    Just curious if anyone here has any experience of this or is a medical person with some insight? (Read: how much should I stress about this?)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Question .... what are guests wearing to weddings these days? I will be needing to shop for a new dress.

Something one can dance in .... (wife of friend-since-high-school of Father Of Bride - no relation but known the bride forever .... )

I think you can pretty much wear what you like - from what I read last year, when I had to buy something, the general idea is not to upstage the bride and to avoid white/cream (especially in lace), but otherwise whatever you feel happy and confident in. :)

I ended up with this dress for my ex-colleague's wedding last summer and got lots of compliments. I wore a cute short-sleeved, blush coloured lacy cardigan over it to hide my upper arms a bit. It was great to have an excuse to buy a pretty outfit! ;)

7uo9ydw0hpvv.jpg

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    My doctor's appointment was a waste of time. Prescribed me the same OTC stuff I already use. Stomach is still a mess, I'm so bloated I look like I'm 8 months pregnant. I'm having to work hard to eat enough, I can hardly stomach water. :(

At least I can look forward to the puppy. I can't have children safely so I get small fuzzies instead.

have you tried dropping dairy or gluten just to see if those could be causing the bloating and stomach issues? they are the 2 most common intolerances that might cause those problems.

But like, why all of a sudden? I eat 90% less dairy and gluten than before and doing that is when all these problems started. Milk actually seems to somewhat improve the situation.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    So fantastic @mari_moulin!
This discussion has been closed.