WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Are you in Alberta? My daughter is having the same problem in Wainwright. It's BAD. I hope you stay well - and how is black coffee for your lungs?????

You know those pictures of Mars with the red-sand dust storms .... Hubby saw a picture of Calgary yesterday that may as well have BEEN Mars (same thick red air, due to wildfire fallout)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9

CW 137.3
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Visibility today is like 10 feet.

It's not fog. It's SMOKE.

I have to wear my carbon filter mask outdoors and run my air purifier indoors. We can't open windows no matter how hot it gets.

Exercise probably not happening for the foreseeable future. Sleep either, since black coffee is all I have for my lungs.

Can this cursed month just friggin end?!

Are you in Alberta? My daughter is having the same problem in Wainwright. It's BAD. I hope you stay well - and how is black coffee for your lungs?????

Yup. We're on fire.

Black coffee works as well as, if not better than, an inhaler for asthma attacks and trouble breathing. I've been chugging black coffee during fire season since I was 12, since my asthma is too mild for a regular inhaler prescription.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I think I haven't been eating enough breakfast lately, which would explain being hungrier later in the day (hungrier than when I was on fewer Daily max calories!) And not sleeping enough ... those tablet based word-games are messin' with my lights-out!

I was doing well on "post wedding shower recovery" until yesterday .... but not only ate more (not a HUGE amount more, but still more bulk to process than usual) AND didn't get my exercise burn in.

New Month; New (Re)Commitment (to tighten up on logging and getting ALL daily steps in) ... BFF feeling better and no longer infectious, so more outdoor daily walking (with active little dog towing her along, so a decent speed rather than strolling) in my future.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Visibility today is like 10 feet.

It's not fog. It's SMOKE.

I have to wear my carbon filter mask outdoors and run my air purifier indoors. We can't open windows no matter how hot it gets.

Exercise probably not happening for the foreseeable future. Sleep either, since black coffee is all I have for my lungs.

Can this cursed month just friggin end?!

Yup. We're on fire.

Black coffee works as well as, if not better than, an inhaler for asthma attacks and trouble breathing. I've been chugging black coffee during fire season since I was 12, since my asthma is too mild for a regular inhaler prescription.

That's interesting to know! Over the last couple of years I've started having a bit of discomfort with breathing if I was trying to walk or anything like that when the fires were bad, so I'll keep that in mind. (Southern Alberta here, the skies are orangey-grey and the smell of smoke is quite strong outside, but visibility isn't too bad just yet.)

Stay safe!
  • Terytha
    Options
    @BMcC9 Its still Mars here.
    ngx76qxqkyb7.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,141 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Terytha and other Albertans! WOW - Mars for real! Looks like Beijing.

I'm heading out for the veg garden where it seems like the air should be black with the swarms of horrible biting black flies (DEET is my friend), but it can't compare with that orange...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/30 8,262
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Its still Mars here.
    ngx76qxqkyb7.jpg

@Terytha Wow!!!😯 That is incredible. So sorry you are dealing with such poor conditions. Hot as h*ll here (NC) but nothing like that. Hope your breathing improves.

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    My sister lives in Edmonton.. The capital of Alberta. The haze there is unbelievable right now. Not good for people, dogs or other animals.

Best wishes to all our Albertans. And any Northern Ontarians as well.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @jugar I will participate in step reporting starting on June 1st. I'm not a big stepper, but I would like to improve.

micki48 wrote: »
    I’m kind of in a funk. Between staying about the same for about a month, getting a little sloppy with my logging, and feeling really fat, I need to get out of it. I was thinking after losing almost 18 pounds that I was looking pretty good. Then the last few days mirrors and reflections have been mean and alarming to me. This is just a plateau and I know I can be better, but ugh!😑...

One of the things that struck me many years ago when I lost loads of weight was how quickly I went from feeling great about myself and my accomplishments to being critical of my thighs, arm flab, etc. My husband pointed it out to me. I was being self critical and he asked, "What happened to my wife from a week ago that was all excited about the new clothing she's wearing?" So I try to stop myself and step back to get a broader perspective.
    I think @jugar suggestion to read your older posts is a brilliant idea.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options

@Terytha Whoa! that air quality is nuts. Have you ever seen the Airvisual earth site that shows the air quality around the globe? You can click anywhere and see what the measurements are for particulates in the air. I'm pretty sure you are in the worst place on the planet for that right now, unless there is a sandstorm in the Sahara desert that happens to be going on. https://airvisual.com/earth
  • Terytha
    Options
    @zlauerMom Hey, that's neat! We're definitely under an air quality warning, with our air ranked at 10+. Although I think I heard it'll start to improve by Monday. Fingers crossed for rain.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 189.6
    Todays Weight: 189
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    NEWS AND QUESTIONS

The new members have all been moved into the regular team for JUNE. If you want to update your weigh-in, just let me know. Your starting weight should be taken on the same day of the week you want to continue on for the month of June. Or we can just use the one you put in when you signed up!

Returning members are all in the spreadsheet for June as well - if you want to change days, try a different team, or anything, now is your chance to let us know!

The 2 people who are on the Support Team - @BMcC9 and @AmyRobF - do you want to stay there? Or move back up to have your weigh-ins count? @micki48 - do you know Amy's plans?

I would like to be back on the weigh In Team! I will weigh myself tomorrow and post in the June chat. Can’t wait to get back with everyone and continue this journey. 😁
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,253 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Is that the Walterdale bridge?? I'm in Edmonton too...lol Air sucks...bit better today - at least the world isn't orange anymore...lol
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,253 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    5/29 - 15230
    5/30 13901
  • jugar
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    NEWS AND QUESTIONS
    The new members have all been moved into the regular team for JUNE. If you want to update your weigh-in, just let me know. Your starting weight should be taken on the same day of the week you want to continue on for the month of June. Or we can just use the one you put in when you signed up!

Returning members are all in the spreadsheet for June as well - if you want to change days, try a different team, or anything, now is your chance to let us know!

The 2 people who are on the Support Team - @BMcC9 and @AmyRobF - do you want to stay there? Or move back up to have your weigh-ins count? @micki48 - do you know Amy's plans?

I would like to be back on the weigh In Team! I will weigh myself tomorrow and post in the June chat. Can’t wait to get back with everyone and continue this journey. 😁

So good to have you back!!!! Thanks - and looking forward to having you there in June.
  • jugar
    Options
    @zlauerMom - it is true how quickly we become critical of what felt like an accomplishment when it arrived. I am now at the lowest weight in ages, and still it is so easy to fall into the criticisms of big thigh, big whatever - let's celebrate where we are!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP FOR SATURDAY!

Make sure all the weigh-ins are done as soon as possible - Greg and I are on our own for this month as our other Moderators are on leave for one reason or another. We want to get the tallies done on time!

ALREADY DUE:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @bfitb440n2022
    @Kittu125

DUE SATURDAY:
    @mari_moulin
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @evangsimmons170
    @allieelliott17

This has been a wonderful month for Team WaistAways. Let's get the last weigh-ins DONE. It does not matter if they are great, terrible, or meh. Get them in!! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.