WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Question .... what are guests wearing to weddings these days? I will be needing to shop for a new dress.

Something one can dance in .... (wife of friend-since-high-school of Father Of Bride - no relation but known the bride forever .... )

I think you can pretty much wear what you like - from what I read last year, when I had to buy something, the general idea is not to upstage the bride and to avoid white/cream (especially in lace), but otherwise whatever you feel happy and confident in. :)

I ended up with this dress for my ex-colleague's wedding last summer and got lots of compliments. I wore a cute short-sleeved, blush coloured lacy cardigan over it to hide my upper arms a bit. It was great to have an excuse to buy a pretty outfit! ;)

7uo9ydw0hpvv.jpg

Wow that is one gorgeous dress! I love it.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    My work in progress is repainting the cape of super squirrel, my garden buddy, with my granddaughter. She loves him! xgszlsponnye.jpeg

Aww that look a too cute! Make sure to show us a pic when he’s back in the garden. X
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    My doctor's appointment was a waste of time. Prescribed me the same OTC stuff I already use. Stomach is still a mess, I'm so bloated I look like I'm 8 months pregnant. I'm having to work hard to eat enough, I can hardly stomach water. :(

At least I can look forward to the puppy. I can't have children safely so I get small fuzzies instead.
    have you tried dropping dairy or gluten just to see if those could be causing the bloating and stomach issues? they are the 2 most common intolerances that might cause those problems.

But like, why all of a sudden? I eat 90% less dairy and gluten than before and doing that is when all these problems started. Milk actually seems to somewhat improve the situation.

Odd! I think a nutritionist might be able to help you figure it out - everyone has different craziness in their insides. Maybe yours have nothing to do with the proteins. I hope you figure it out - it sounds like no fun at all.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    WOW @mari_moulin you look absolutely fabulous!! What a transformation! That must have taken an enormous amount of dedication and determination! I will look at your photos when I feek like giving up to remind me why I'm here!
    You're an inspiration to us all! <3<3<3
    @mari_moulin so proud of you and inspired by your hard hard work and success. You look amazing! You are, however, beautiful in all of these photos. We all need to see ourselves as beautiful wherever we are in our journey. (That’s for me as much as anyone.). What I see in the second set of photos is a mighty woman who took charge of her health and life. So proud of you!!!👏🏼🎉❤️
    So fantastic @mari_moulin!

Thanks ladies! When I first started my journey I told myself that as I moved forward a major change I would make was to learn love myself as I was each step of the way. This was a huge pet of my journey and as big a change as the weight loss for me. Thanks for all your kind words ladies. ❤️
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON TEAM WAISTAWAYS
    I HAVE JUST ADDED TO YOUR TEAM
    @zlauerMom
    PLEASE WELCOME HER TO YOUR TEAM
    THANKS GREG
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I just heard about the tornadoes and storms that came thru the KC area last night ... anybody affected or know people who were? How are you / they doing?

My son in law’s family is all from KC. They are all fine, but it was quite a storm.

• micki48
    Options
    I haven’t been posting in this picture challenge. And my picture of my work in progress is probably a little unconventional. Not ready for pictures of myself LOL. So I am posting a picture of my results from my HIIT workout today. I’ve come a long way since I started this about 2 1/2 years ago.. Today I burned 500 cal in an hour which is a fabulous results for me!vgfx2gbfygqe.png

@Andreabroadley that’s an amazing workout. Way to go. 👏🏼👏🏼🎉🎉🎉
  • micki48
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Speaking of workouts, this afternoon I took my granddaughter out to get a walk in. OMG!!! It was so stifling hot. I stopped three times to give her water (and me) and literally ran through the sun spots to the next shady spot. I was drained. Usually, my walk is mostly fat burn with a little blip of cardio. Today, it was the opposite. All cardio with a little blip of fat burn. Be careful out there and stay hydrated if you are in the heat zone, like me. 🔥🥤🌞
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    where's the heat zone??? can you ship a small slice of it my way? (she writes while shivering in her denim jacket at her desk)
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    ATTN CAPTAINS NEW TEAM CHAT HAS BEEN SET UP
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    where's the heat zone??? can you ship a small slice of it my way? (she writes while shivering in her denim jacket at her desk)

Cold here as well. I also just went out for a walk and I was in my sweater and raincoat cause I was shivering all day.

Great workouts today ladies!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    TEAM CAPTAINS JUNE SPREAD SHEETS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT TO YOU DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NEW MEMBERS FROM THE SUPPORT TEAM
    THANKS GREG
  • jugar
    Options
    Speaking of workouts, this afternoon I took my granddaughter out to get a walk in. OMG!!! It was so stifling hot. I stopped three times to give her water (and me) and literally ran through the sun spots to the next shady spot. I was drained. Usually, my walk is mostly fat burn with a little blip of cardio. Today, it was the opposite. All cardio with a little blip of fat burn. Be careful out there and stay hydrated if you are in the heat zone, like me. 🔥🥤🌞

Oh dear! I'm scared now - heading your way on Saturday. From chilly (fire in the kitchen woodstove) days to roasting ones in one go. Good thing there is an air-conditioned gym at my mom's residence!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    Tomorrow's weigh-ins are:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17

And no one is late. Wow!
  • jugar
    Options
    NEWS AND QUESTIONS

The new members have all been moved into the regular team for JUNE. If you want to update your weigh-in, just let me know. Your starting weight should be taken on the same day of the week you want to continue on for the month of June. Or we can just use the one you put in when you signed up!

Returning members are all in the spreadsheet for June as well - if you want to change days, try a different team, or anything, now is your chance to let us know!

The 2 people who are on the Support Team - @BMcC9 and @AmyRobF - do you want to stay there? Or move back up to have your weigh-ins count? @micki48 - do you know Amy's plans?

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin You look great
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    The new members have all been moved into the regular team for JUNE. If you want to update your weigh-in, just let me know. Your starting weight should be taken on the same day of the week you want to continue on for the month of June. Or we can just use the one you put in when you signed up!

I'd said Wednesdays and 159.5lbs when I joined, and my weight today was the same (having bobbed about a bit over the past few days) so I'm good with that!

Also, I've managed seven whole days of logging! I feel ridiculously proud of myself, even though I've still been aiming for maintenance calories. Only a little overeating here and there - mainly too many desserts over the weekend - so hopefully I'm starting to get a grip on things again after the disaster of the past few weeks. You guys have been good for me already. :)

I have a question in return - I see some members posting their daily step counts. Is that a requirement, or only if that person chooses to record it? I do very few steps (something I know I need to work on) and haven't worn my tracker for so long that I don't even know if it still works!
This discussion has been closed.