Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    THE WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE WORK WARRIORS
    2spzmhb16g5c.png

The Beat Your Best Challenge!!!
    The premise is to try to improve on something each day of the week. Pick as many or as little of the examples below. Customize it to you. Post any suggestions you have for everyone to see. Do whatever suits your needs.
    ~ Exercise minutes: Try to increase the time each day.
    ~ Steps: Try to walk more than the following day.
    ~ Stairs: Can you walk up one flight of stairs more than yesterday?
    ~ Water: Increase your intake over the week.
    ~ Calories burned: Can you sweat a little more through the week?
    ~ Calories decreased: Can you give your jaw a little bit of a rest?
    ~ Fruit/Vege: Increase by one serving each day.
    ~ Relax/Meditation: Can you squeeze in a little more Me time each day?

th6nypjqu0to.png
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Does non sweaty exercise count on the royal battle? I wont have a chance to exercise today. But hoping to go on a short leisurely walk for about 30mins.
    Thanks Greg

@Lukdbestucan16 ...YES THAT WOULD COUNT... IT HAS BEEN AGREED UPON BY THE MODS THAT ALL OF THE W/O'S THAT HAVE TO DO WITH WEIGHT LOSS AND OR GETTING YOUR BODY IN SHAPE OR MAINTAINING IS COUNTS.. FOR INSTANCE I NORMALLY WORK OUTSIDE 5-6 HOURS I ONLY COUNT 2 HOURS OF THAT AS IT IS SIMILAR TO SQUATS AND RUSSIAN TWISTS.. IF I COUNTED ALL 6 HRS NOBODY WOULD EVEN COME CLOSE. SO YEAH THAT WOULD COUNT
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    RubyRed427

Previous 157.4
    Current 159.3
    Been on vacation - had some ice cream and extra appetizer calories - back home later - I’ll get back on track ! Hugs !

@RubyRed427 WEIGHT POSTED..I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME ON YOUR VACATION...SOUND LIKES YOU GOT SOME WELL DESERVED DOWN TIME.... NOW BACK AT IT
    June 8 report:
    steps:- 6791
    Water: - 88 oz
    Menu plan and grocery trip done.
    (My quads were killing me yesterday afternoon and today my shoulders are sore. Carrying 50 lbs of groceries home was a workout.)

June 9 goals:
    80 oz of water
    Five or more servings fruits and vegetables
    I will have to pass on the team challenge. I have a 50 hour work week ahead of me and some things to do for/with my dad.

@melissafeagins .....WELL ALL CAN SAY TO YOUR GROCERY STORE TRIP W/O IS OUCH!!!!! I AM IN AWE OF YOU NO WAY I COULD CARRY 50 LBS OF ANYTHING THAT DISTANCE.... SO KUDOS TO YOU MEL!! AS PER USUAL GOALS ARE ON POINT FOR YOU...NICELY DONE......SOUND LIKE YOU ARE GETTING A TON OVERTIME IN ...CHING CHING!!! WELL YOU CAN CHEER US ON FROM THE SIDE LINES ...

I will be cheering for the Warriors for sure!!
  • clairetomkinson
    clairetomkinson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Weigh in time:

Well it's Monday morning here. My weight today was 117.0kg (257.4lb). Down 1.4kg from 118.4kg (260.48) last Monday. Bring on the next month.
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 10,324
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    2spzmhb16g5c.png

The premise is to try to improve on something each day of the week. Pick as many or as little of the examples below. Customize it to you. Post any suggestions you have for everyone to see. Do whatever suits your needs.

th6nypjqu0to.png

Awesome. Will take the exercise and fruit/veg examples. Happy new week
  • Patti705
    Patti705 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Wet in DC and I just woke up from an unexpected nap... slept horribly last night so guess my body needed me to catch up.

Step Update:

June 5 10,048
    June 6 12,345
    June 7 10,050
    June 8 10,124

WI to come later.
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/8: 10,460
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I was scrolling the chit chat boards and found a fun one. I know some shared in their introductions, but I’d love to know: how did you come up with your username?

No, I’m not a poor speller :) I adore Magnolia trees - they always bloom
    For my birthday and my town is filled with them. My name is Meaghan and I was born in 82 so; Megnolia82

:)
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ATTN FAT 2 FIT TEAMS...... ATTN FAT 2 FIT TEAMS....... ATTN FAT 2 FIT TEAMS
    9lmqtpdjw71n.png

WE THE 2 MODS @Navydaddjtc AND @jugar THAT DO THE TEAM TALLIES VERY EARLY ON SUNDAY MORNING BLEW IT THIS MORNING
    IN THE TEAM PERCENTAGE LOSS AND TEAM WEIGHT LOSS THE SHRINKING ASSETS TIED FOR 2ND PLACE...
    WE DEEPLY APOLOGIZE TO TEAM SHRINKING ASSETS FOR THIS OVERSIGHT ON OUR PART AND WILL ENDEAVOR NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN
    GREG
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Fun @megnolia82 !

I’m not very creative and hate coming up with usernames. Mine is because I like to run and then the first initial of each of my 4 kids names in order. runarml :smile:
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    ek72cbuj4foa.jpeg
    I’m pretty pleased with my daily activity. Steps are good, sleep was good, please count this as my daily steps check in :)
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Weigh in time:

Well it's Monday morning here. My weight today was 117.0kg (257.4lb). Down 1.4kg from 118.4kg (260.48) last Monday. Bring on the next month.
    @clairetomkinson WEIGHT POSTED WTG ON THE LOSS... COULD I PLEASE GET YOU TO REPORT YOUR WEIGHT IN THIS FORMAT
    User ID: CLAIRETOMKINSON
    MONTH:JUNE
    WEEK#:2
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    Previous Weight: 260.5
    Current Weight: 257.4
    IT'S EASIER FOR KIM AND I TO POST YOUR WEIGHT ON THE SPREAD SHEET THIS WAY
    THANKS GREG

NikMar wrote: »
    Saturday steps 10,324

@NikMar.....POSTED .. THAT'S SOME MIGHTY FINE STEPPIN NIKKI
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Hey all, I was scrolling the chit chat boards and found a fun one. I know some shared in their introductions, but I’d love to know: how did you come up with your username?

No, I’m not a poor speller :) I adore Magnolia trees - they always bloom
    For my birthday and my town is filled with them. My name is Meaghan and I was born in 82 so; Megnolia82

:)

@megnolia82
    NOW I UNDERSTAND YOURS ... I KNEW THE NAME BUT THE REST I WAS UNSURE BUT GUESSED IT WAS A YEAR
    FOR SOME REASON
    I LIKE ERIN IS NOT VERY CREATIVE NAVYDADDJTC..... THE NAVY IS BECAUSE WE ARE A NAVY FAMILY TOP TO BOTTOM STEM TO STERN.... DAD WELL BECAUSE I AM ONE....DJ IS DERRICK JACOB OUR OLDEST SON......TC IS THOMAS OUR 2ND SON AND THE C IS FOR COOL.. HIS GIRLFRIEND IN JR HIGH SCHOOL NOW HIS WIFE GAVE THAT TO HIM BACK IN THE DAY AND BOTH OF THE BOYS USED THAT FOR THEIR CALL SIGN IN THE NAVY.. SO THERE YOU GO .... MARCIE'S IS NAVYMOM ...PRETTY SELF EXPLANATORY
    runarml wrote: »
    Fun @megnolia82 !

I’m not very creative and hate coming up with usernames. Mine is because I like to run and then the first initial of each of my 4 kids names in order. runarml :smile:

@runarml ... WELL I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE ON THIS ONE.... MY GUESS WAS RUN JUST LIKE YOU SAID CUZ YOU RUN A LOT PROBABLY A RUNNER IN H/S AND OR COLLEGE... AR JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS A TYPO AND IT SHOULD OF BEEN JUST AN A....ML FOR MILE .. SO TO ME IT WAS RUN A MILE.... I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE ... BUT IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW THAT YOU EXPLAINED IT.

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    yxdte4b3qhlw.png
    ci7swg6vrlxa.png
    THOSE OF YOU THAT WEIGH IN TODAY ARE:
    @CLAIRETOMKINSON
    @CLARK2RL
    @melissafeagins
    @runarml

AS HOMER SIMPSON WOULD SAY
    5b5bbaoywpyn.png
    I FORGOT TO WEIGH IN ON SUNDAY
    @DDM358
    @Gutcutter500
    @Patti705

CAN WE PLEASE GET THESE IN THANKS ...YOUR CAPTAINS

A LITTLE SOMETHING TO GET YOUR DAY STARTED ON THE RIGHT TRACK
    5jlyj37vzso2.png

HAVE A MARVELOUS MONDAY TEAM
    GREG OUT

• Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Congratulations Workout Warriors!
    You and your team have earned the Mile 1500 badge.

nfvm8302oxpr.png
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    A few of the local teams are Ravens with some other description. I’m not a big sports fan, but for some reason that I can’t recall I had the thought that I’m a pretty confident raven when it comes to my weight loss journey. It’s a little bit of local pride and a little reminder to myself that I can lose the weight this time.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    2spzmhb16g5c.png

th6nypjqu0to.png

I am going to attempt exercise minutes, water, calorie burn and relax and meditation (I have been having trouble getting stretching and yoga in so I want to improve that)
  • DDM358
    DDM358 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Username: DDM358
    Weigh in Week: Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight 198.4
    Today's Weight 197

Sorry its late, been busy all weekend. My 2 daughters graduated, one from college the other high school and was Salutatorian. I am one proud Mom!
  • clairetomkinson
    clairetomkinson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    A few of the local teams are Ravens with some other description. I’m not a big sports fan, but for some reason that I can’t recall I had the thought that I’m a pretty confident raven when it comes to my weight loss journey. It’s a little bit of local pride and a little reminder to myself that I can lose the weight this time.

@ConfidentRaven ..... WELL NOW I UNDERSTAND THE HANDLE... GET CHOICE ....KEEP UP THAT FOCUS
    DDM358 wrote: »
    Username: DDM358
    Weigh in Week: Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight 198.4
    Today's Weight 197

Sorry its late, been busy all weekend. My 2 daughters graduated, one from college the other high school and was Salutatorian. I am one proud Mom!

@DDM358 ....WEIGHT POSTED.....CONGRATS ON THE LOSS WTG.... NO WORRIES ...CONGRATS ON BOTH DAUGHTERS GRADUATIONS..... NO IDEA WHAT A SALUTATORIAN IS BUT I AM GUESSIN IT'S A GOOD THING....WTG MOM WELL DONE

@clairetomkinson ....THANK YOU
  • mskatz1966
    mskatz1966 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Back from eight day retreat with most lunches and dinners at the Hayes mansion in San Jose; still doing my fitness pal daily; will weigh in at doctor's office tomorrow. did 51 minutes on elliptical yesterday and felt great to be getting back in shape. One day at a time, putting one foot in front of the other.
This discussion has been closed.