WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1 good thing about being in a hospital no chance for snacking. There is no food available after dinner not even vending machines. I have some apples and protein bread in my bag but it's not anything I want to eat mindlessly hopefully it will show in some weightloss in a couple weeks.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    mskatz1966 wrote: »
    Back from eight day retreat with most lunches and dinners at the Hayes mansion in San Jose; still doing my fitness pal daily; will weigh in at doctor's office tomorrow. did 51 minutes on elliptical yesterday and felt great to be getting back in shape. One day at a time, putting one foot in front of the other.

@mskatz1966 .... WELCOME BACK......ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ..GOOD FOR YOU HITTING THAT MACHINE... IT DOES FEEL GOOD GETTING BACK TO OUR ROUTINES AND FEELING GOOD ABOUT OURSELVES... RIGHT ON TO 1 DAY AT TIME AND THOSE FEET IN MOTION...
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    THE WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE WORK WARRIORS
    2spzmhb16g5c.png

The Beat Your Best Challenge!!!
    The premise is to try to improve on something each day of the week. Pick as many or as little of the examples below. Customize it to you. Post any suggestions you have for everyone to see. Do whatever suits your needs.
    ~ Exercise minutes: Try to increase the time each day.
    ~ Steps: Try to walk more than the following day.
    ~ Stairs: Can you walk up one flight of stairs more than yesterday?
    ~ Water: Increase your intake over the week.
    ~ Calories burned: Can you sweat a little more through the week?
    ~ Calories decreased: Can you give your jaw a little bit of a rest?
    ~ Fruit/Vege: Increase by one serving each day.
    ~ Relax/Meditation: Can you squeeze in a little more Me time each day?

th6nypjqu0to.png

I am going to attempt exercise minutes, water, calorie burn and relax and meditation (I have been having trouble getting stretching and yoga in so I want to improve that)

@abowersgirl ... VERY GOOD YOUNG LADY.... GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT THAT'S ALL WE ASK ..... YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTITUDE SO I AM SURE YOU'LL IMPROVE...GOOD LUCK LET US KNOW HOW IT'S GOING
    Bear479 wrote: »
    1 good thing about being in a hospital no chance for snacking. There is no food available after dinner not even vending machines. I have some apples and protein bread in my bag but it's not anything I want to eat mindlessly hopefully it will show in some weightloss in a couple weeks.

@Bear479 ... I HOPE YOUR SON IS HEALING WELL..... WELL 🎆🎇🎉 TO YOU NOT WANTING TO EAT THAT MINDLESSLY.... WE CAN ONLY HOPE FOR THE SCALES TO MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WHEN YOU GET BACK HOME....
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    runarml
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 139.8
    CW: 141.3

Sorry for the delay - I've been busy trying to get used to summer schedule and unpacking/laundry from our trip! I actually thought my weight would be up more than that after a week of eating everything so I'm not too upset. Hopefully I can take that 1.5 pounds off this week.
  • runarml
    Options
    Steps Sunday 6/9: 15,936

Went for a 30 minute run in the morning and an hour walk in the evening so steps weren't too bad considering I spent 9+ hours sitting in a car.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I am sorry team. I have caught a cold after a week in the company of preschoolers. I went to sleep at 7:30 last night, woke up at 1:30 and was awake until 4. I barely woke up on time for work and my only goal was surviving the meeting with my director. I did do that, at least.

I will do better tomorrow.
    June 9 steps - 8980
    Water - I lost count
    I did eat my fruits and veggies

Tomorrow's goals:
    80 ounces water
    Log food
  • Patti705
    Patti705 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Patti705
    PW: 169
    CW: 168
    WI Day: Sunday

June 9 Steps: 11,224
  • clark2rl
    clark2rl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weight in day: 285 lbs.
    Water: 48 oz.
    Steps today: 4,400 so far
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    June 10 Steps: 19,730

My ankles are really sore. I know it will improve as I lose weight but does anyone have any good shoe suggestion? I’m not sure if I need something that actually holds my ankle since I think hiking boots would look silly at work... but any favourite brand or style for wearing all day on your feet?
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Melissa Feagins
    PW : 161.9
    CW : 164.1

Not surprising considering I eat salty food when I am sick and I didn't drink much of anything yesterday. (Coffee or water)

6/10 steps - 11088
  • runarml
    Options
    Steps Monday 6/10: 28,918
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    runarml wrote: »
    runarml
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 139.8
    CW: 141.3

Sorry for the delay - I've been busy trying to get used to summer schedule and unpacking/laundry from our trip! I actually thought my weight would be up more than that after a week of eating everything so I'm not too upset. Hopefully I can take that 1.5 pounds off this week.

@RUNARML....NO WORRIES GOT IT POSTED ALONG WITH THE STEPS...... AND YEAH I AM SURE WITH AS MUCH AS YOU DO IT WILL BE GONE BY NEXT WEEK.
    Patti705 wrote: »
    Patti705
    PW: 169
    CW: 168
    WI Day: Sunday

June 9 Steps: 11,224

@Patti705 .....WEIGHT AND STEPS POSTED ...WTG ON THE LOST AND AWESOME STEPPING
    clark2rl wrote: »
    Weight in day: 285 lbs.
    Water: 48 oz.
    Steps today: 4,400 so far

@clark2rl .....WEIGHT AND STEPS POSTED ...AWESOME STUFF GOING ON RIGHT HERE
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    June 10 Steps: 19,730

My ankles are really sore. I know it will improve as I lose weight but does anyone have any good shoe suggestion? I’m not sure if I need something that actually holds my ankle since I think hiking boots would look silly at work... but any favourite brand or style for wearing all day on your feet?

@megnolia82 .....STEPS ARE POSTED..... I WEAR NEW BALANCE WHICH WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME BY MY PODIATRIST AND ORTHO SURGEON....THE REASON BEING IS THEIR ARCH SUPPORT BUILT INTO THE SHOE.... THEY NAVY ALSO USES THEM FOR THEIR PT IN BOOT CAMP ....WITH MY PROGNOSTICS THIS IS THE BEST AND AFFORDABLE SHOE FOR ME...... I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT BROOKS ARE THE BEST HOWEVER THEY ARE OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE.... MAYBE ERIN AKA @runarml CAN BETTER INFORM YOU AS SHE IS A RUNNER AND MAY HAVE A BETTER HANDLE ON THIS SUBJECT OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER
    Melissa Feagins
    PW : 161.9
    CW : 164.1

Not surprising considering I eat salty food when I am sick and I didn't drink much of anything yesterday. (Coffee or water)

6/10 steps - 11088

@melissafeagins ,,,,,STEPS AND WEIGHT HAVE BEEN POSTED....OH THOSE SUMMER COLDS HATE EM ...KEEP HYDRATING YOURSELF AND I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER REAL SOON.

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    nsylyslq2as6.png
    GOOD MORNING TEAM
    JUST A SINGLE WEIGHT TODAY
    @mrshorntonk

HERE IS THE TEAM STATS THIS MORNING
    1,547.6 <<<TOTAL LBS....0.3<<<<TOTAL POUND LOST SO FAR......71.70%<<<<TOTAL % SO FAR
    LET SEE IF WE CAN'T BEAT LAST WEEKS TOTALS
    5,467.7 <<<TOTAL LBS.....24.6 <<<<TOTAL POUND LOST......0.45%<<<<TOTAL %
  • mrshorntonk
    mrshorntonk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week 1 weigh in: 188.3
    Week 2 weigh in: 188.5

Fantastic going considering I have been eating and drinking all inclusive for the past 4 days, tomorrow we go self catered so should have more control! Have been to the gym every day which is definitely a non-scale holiday victory! 🌴🎉
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Week 1 weigh in: 188.3
    Week 2 weigh in: 188.5

Fantastic going considering I have been eating and drinking all inclusive for the past 4 days, tomorrow we go self catered so should have more control! Have been to the gym every day which is definitely a non-scale holiday victory! 🌴🎉

Got you logged. Good going on getting to the gym everyday, that is probably what has kept you in line with your weight for the past week.

@melissafeagins Hope you feel better soon.

@runarml Wow at those steps!

@megnolia82 I have a problem with my ankle that I think stems from plantar fasciitis. I have tried Nike, New Balance, Sketcher, Asics, and now Brooks. So far I have had the best luck with the Brooks. They can get expensive but I think they are worth it. You just have to shop around a bit. I also learned that I was buying shoes that were too big for me. If you have a store near you that will measure your feet and fit you for the proper shoe that might help you too. Hope this has helped you.

@bear479 Hope your baby is doing well. That mindless eating is terrible, puts the weight on so fast. Looks like you are seeing the positive in your current situation and that is a good thing. Hope everything continues to go well with you and your little one.

• 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Hey all, I was scrolling the chit chat boards and found a fun one. I know some shared in their introductions, but I’d love to know: how did you come up with your username?

No, I’m not a poor speller :) I adore Magnolia trees - they always bloom
    For my birthday and my town is filled with them. My name is Meaghan and I was born in 82 so; Megnolia82

:)
    I made my username when I got my first laptop. In 2007, I wanted to make a username that kind of described me in one or 2 words. I like to just say things at random and wait for the shock on others faces. Basically I like the shockvalue of things. lol
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    MIDDAY MOTIVATION!!!

https://youtu.be/UBnXg6HLQAg
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    MIDDAY MOTIVATION!!!

https://youtu.be/UBnXg6HLQAg

EXCELLENT!!!!!!! VIDEO THANKS KIM @shockvalue07
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - my username is not very exciting, I just went with the first part of my first name and the first part of my surname....Nikki is my first name!

Steps Sunday - 15,684 (+54 lengths swimming! o:) )
    Steps Monday - 10,636
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    @NikMar
    Got your steps posted. You seem to be doing great with your steps, you always hit your goal and then some. Good job!
This discussion has been closed.