WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    actual show title - Death in Paradise Anyone else know the show? If you watch something / listen to a playlist or other audio option while using a cardio machine (either at home or on tablet at gym) what do you watch / listen to?

Usually I listen to a mix of 80's rock, comedy music and whatever TWRP is classed as. They say they're from the 80's, but also the future, and also space, so.

Lately I've also been listening to a lot of Jonathan Young, who sings metal covers of mostly not metal songs. I like his Disney covers. They're intense.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    CW 126.5
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry I have been off the thread the last few days. been a little under the weather. I will update our spreadsheet @jugar.

Good for you @evangsimmons170 for making 2 hours of exercise! A real accomplishment.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    actual show title - Death in Paradise Anyone else know the show? If you watch something / listen to a playlist or other audio option while using a cardio machine (either at home or on tablet at gym) what do you watch / listen to?

Usually I listen to a mix of 80's rock, comedy music and whatever TWRP is classed as. They say they're from the 80's, but also the future, and also space, so.

Lately I've also been listening to a lot of Jonathan Young, who sings metal covers of mostly not metal songs. I like his Disney covers. They're intense.

I looked them up ... now to find some tracks to listen to (and also JY and the metal covers of Disney songs ... trying to almost imagine .... my head now hurts .... )

@jugar, I agree that anything with a strong back-beat (aka almost anything 80's) makes a good almost-subliminal exercise song list if you want to keep up the pace of a stride or pedal-rate. Some other things, like audio-books, can tend to "promote kinda-coasting"
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This weeks update: as you all know, I’ve been struggling with the idea of maintenance my biggest fear being weight gain as a result of upping my allowed calorie intake. Here it is. My biggest fear come to life. I’ve gained 5.9 lbs this week!! This is not acceptable to me. This is something I cannot deal with psychologically or emotionally. On top of upping my calories I stopped doing my IF so I could spread all those calories throughout the day so I have a feeling this also had something to do with this massive spike. Another change was my workouts, I started C25K again and finished week 1. I also added in more strength training and so much more cardio. Starting tomorrow I will be making some adjustments. I’m putting myself back down to 1200 allowed daily calories but since I am working out so much more now I will also allow myself to eat back my workout calories. So if I want to eat a bit more I have to earn it. This should bring me up to around 1300 - 1500 calorie intake a day. Also going back to my IF schedule next week. I hope this works.

Username: mari_moulin (cheer squad)
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 169.2
    Todays Weight: 175.1

Steps:
    Sun - 8,547
    Mon - 19,912
    Tue - 30,432 ( this is not a typo)
    Wed - 24,651
    Thu - 20,227
    Fri - 15,938
    Sat - TBA
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    Welcome newcomers!
    @Perla4686 and @jlbtnc Nicely done!
    I'm traveling this weekend, which makes me nervous for my Monday weigh in. 😬 I'm seeing the wisdom of picking Friday for weigh in day. Well, hopefully knowing Monday is on the horizon will help me make good choices over the weekend.
    @jugar more quick recovery wishes for your husband. Sounds rough. I find it surprising that it is day surgery, too. You'd think he'd get at least an overnight for pain management and to be sure there are no complications. Although nursing staff poking at him all the time and the noise of a hospital might not be very restful. When does he start physical therapy?

@zlauerMom thank you trying to work off the extra pounds I put on.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,288 Member
    Options
    I miss you all, but have been real busy having fun with family I haven’t seen in three years. I have definitely learned new skills about eating, but haven’t been perfect. I’ll be back fully focused after Monday.

Saturday weigh in
    Week 3
    PW 200.5
    CW 200.8

5mtu3mwjlvul.jpeg

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 270.6
    CW:273.8

Traveling is killing me on the scale. Another 2 weeks- ugh!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF
    PW 212
    CW 212

Sorry for the late post!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    Now that we are through the longest day of the year, we can relax. NOPE! It is Saturday and all of the week's stats have to be in by midnight! Get it done earlier, and I give you a gold star. :wink:

As a team, we have lost 13.1 pounds this week so far - WAY better than last week. I know some of you are travelling, visiting family, still working out the kinks, but others are hitting their stride and making us all look great. So, here is the nagging for today:

q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

LATE:
    @offitgoes
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17

STILL DUE FOR TODAY:
    @Terytha
    @bfitb440n2022
    @evangsimmons170

And STEPS - you know who you are! I'll start naming names on Sunday... And please, report Sunday-Saturday if you are only reporting weekly. It makes things much easier. Thanks!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    1gh8vk53tdzi.png

HEY HEY HEY IT'S GREG AGAIN
    PLEASE JUMP ON OVER TO THIS LINK AND SUPPORT OUT SUPPORT AND MOTIVATIONAL SIDE OF THE CHALLENGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10750894/fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group-for-july-2019/p1?new=1
    THANKS GREG
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Reporting in for Saturday! Cut me some slack, I literally got out of bed 10 minutes ago. XD

PW: 245.2
    CW: 243.6

I'm having stomach problems again. :(
    But at least it's a drop, small as it is.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Reporting in for Saturday! Cut me some slack, I literally got out of bed 10 minutes ago. XD

HAHAHA - I love waking people up! But you lost 1.6 pounds - this is not small! Well done <3
    ednu2pm029hu.png
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    This weeks update: as you all know, I’ve been struggling with the idea of maintenance my biggest fear being weight gain as a result of upping my allowed calorie intake. Here it is. My biggest fear come to life. I’ve gained 5.9 lbs this week!! This is not acceptable to me. This is something I cannot deal with psychologically or emotionally. On top of upping my calories I stopped doing my IF so I could spread all those calories throughout the day so I have a feeling this also had something to do with this massive spike. Another change was my workouts, I started C25K again and finished week 1. I also added in more strength training and so much more cardio. Starting tomorrow I will be making some adjustments. I’m putting myself back down to 1200 allowed daily calories but since I am working out so much more now I will also allow myself to eat back my workout calories. So if I want to eat a bit more I have to earn it. This should bring me up to around 1300 - 1500 calorie intake a day. Also going back to my IF schedule next week. I hope this works.

Username: mari_moulin (cheer squad)
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 169.2
    Todays Weight: 175.1

Steps:
    Sun - 8,547
    Mon - 19,912
    Tue - 30,432 ( this is not a typo)
    Wed - 24,651
    Thu - 20,227
    Fri - 15,938
    Sat - TBA

We're proud of you either way, @mari_moulin. But I totally understand. You do what works best for you. I've been enjoying my workouts so much lately (and how they make me feel), that I've been doing like you're about to do....where if you want to eat more, you have to work out more. I've had a few days like that this week. My focus each day has been more than just calorie intake but how big of a calorie deficit I can create each day. So far so good.

Keep up the good work. You've got a whole team of MFP cheerleaders behind you! You got this! :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

Incredible job, @Terytha. You bold to weigh so fast after getting up. I don't know your age, but I'm 50, and when I first wake up in the morning my bones are so heavy, literally. I feel like a tow truck hauling a Volkswagon! So I usually don't weigh myself until after my hot shower in the morning. By then not only am I fully awake, but my bones no longer feel like I'm carrying dead weight. I've even tested my theory on myself, and every time, I weigh less after my shower than I did before it.

Come to think of it, I can't even blame this phenomenon on getting older because when I was married, my husband would laugh at me in the morning as he watched me walk from the bedroom to the bathroom because I was moving so slow! (No, that's not the reason I divorced him. LOL) More recently, when I got out of bed one morning, I was moving so slow that my steps did not even register on my FitBit from the bedroom to the bathroom and back! Ain't that a mess?!!!! LOLOL Oh well.

Hope I made you smile and your tummy feels better. :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 3
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (6/22/19)
    Previous Weight = 343.8
    Current Weight = 341.2

For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/16/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 9,498
    Water (in oz) = 25

6/17/19
    Exercise minutes = 60
    Steps = 10,532
    Water (in oz) = 64

6/18/19
    Exercise minutes = 97
    Steps = 12,341
    Water (in oz) = 64

6/19/19
    Exercise minutes = 120
    Steps = 19,997
    Water (in oz) = 80

6/20/19
    Exercise minutes = 64
    Steps = 10,158
    Water (in oz) = 65

6/21/19
    Exercise minutes = 120 (walking while doing a scavenger hunt in the historic part of a nearby city)
    Steps = 8,425
    Water (in oz) = 72
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    So I went to a restaurant today for lunch expecting to see the calories listed for each entree on the menu. They weren't there. When the waitress came over to take my order, I explained to her that my delay was that I was concerned about my calorie intake and was disappointed that the calories weren't listed on the menu. She asked me if I wanted to see their "nutrition binder" that lists ALL of their foods with ALL of each food's nutritional value (not just the calories).

I hit the jackpot with this binder! I'm so glad I accepted the young lady's offer to see it. That bacon cheeseburger that I thought I had a taste for and figured I could exercise it off between now and my next weigh-in day (6/29/19) was so-so on the calories. Obviously my primary care doctor would not have liked the fat content. But my cardiologist would have had a coronary when he saw the sodium content: OVER 4,000 mg of salt!!!! Just for the bacon cheeseburger, not including the fries or the condiments. Seeing that number blew me away! It took the desire completely away for the burger. I ended up getting an entree off the "lighter side" menu, which only had 3 choices, all under 600 calories. The sodium content from the grilled chicken, steamed veggies, and brown rice was FAR more reasonable.

Then I thought I'd splurge on the tres leches cake for dessert, right? Well that was a no go too because the waitress came back and said they were all out of it. (Didn't need those unnecessary calories anyway.) Instead, I ended up with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce lightly drizzled on top. That was just enough to hit the spot. Dessert was less than 200 calories!

So I would say today's lunch ended up being a total victory! Now yesterday's lunch, as awesomely good as it was, was so salty-tasting to me that I think my blood pressure shot up during the meal because I got a headache within 15 minutes of eating it. I drank LOTS of water, which alleviated that within the hour. (I had shrimp and grits at a seafood restaurant called Pappadeaux's, one of my favorite restaurants but thankfully not located conveniently near me.)

I think from now on, I'm going to start asking to see the nutrition binders at restaurants. They also contain the allergen info too....like what's made of nuts, wheat, soy, etc. I have to make well-informed decisions about my health, and that includes what I eat.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This morning, little one decided it's playtime at 6 am. I was hungry to the point of rumbling noises and stomach ache but decided to push till 7 as I normally eat at 9 and I knew I'd end up overeating if I start so early. An nsv for me- the noises and pain had gone by 7 and i had breakfast at my normal time. Never would have thought hunger feelings can just pass...
This discussion has been closed.