Options

Replies

• jenniferelizabethwiseman
    Options
    Thank you, @conniewilkins56 !
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jenniferelizabethwiseman. Great work! I look forward to seeing you in the forums!
    Options
    @lauriekallis, Thank you, I DO feel very welcomed and am already starting to do some reading in the forums, which have been very inspiring!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I was within 40 pounds of my personal goal and then I got lost somewhere along the way….I bounced back and forth within ten pounds for months until the holidays….now I have gained back 40 and I have 80 pounds to go to get to my goal…you have inspired me to get in gear in the morning….unless I do this myself, no one can lose it for me….I am done playing around….my breathing is hard again, I am snoring again and I have felt like crap for weeks….I am going to do this!
    Options
    @conniewilkins56, you can do it! You are worth the effort and deserve to feel better!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Come on @conniewilkins56, you can do it! There's a hot momma inside you just itching to get out and strut her stuff! At the rate you're able to shed weight, half of that 80lbs will be gone in a flash, and then you can knuckle down and lose the remaining forty. You owe it to yourself to make better choices that will propel you to better health, and you can absolutely do this!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I agree 100% with all of you…3 years ago when I could barely walk I vowed, “ Never again”…..and yet I have played around and let myself slide backwards for months….I could attribute some of it on stress, Covid, my husbands health, my grandsons upcoming heart surgery, etc. etc….but eating didn’t solve a thing except make me fat!….well, I am done making excuses…..as of this morning I am giving my health priority again…I can’t control what anyone else does or what they eat….it is time to put my health needs first again…..back to square one and in the drivers seat!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options
    Amazing changes. How did I miss all the great posts???🤷🏻‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is playing hard to get with posts lately.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    @mrsjenfrank welcome to the group!

You'll discover here that elements of your experience have been shared by most of the group members - we've all struggled with managing our weight for years/decades, and we've discovered some things that work for us, and some things that don't...

Of course some things that previously worked may stop working,...and things that didn't work back in the day might be worth a try again at some future point.

That's the beauty of this group. It's a safe space to discuss experimentation - successes - failures - the highs and lows of falling off the wagon and hauling yourself back on again.

I wish you every success - setting a 40lb interim goal sounds eminently sensible! Come meet us over in the other chat threads too, and I'd encourage you to take the time to read some of the archived threads, because there is a treasure trove of good advice in there!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,856 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Mrsjen. We’re all in various stages of weight loss and dealing with life. This is a good place to vent and share your experiences. We all need support!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I agree 100% with all of you…3 years ago when I could barely walk I vowed, “ Never again”…..and yet I have played around and let myself slide backwards for months….I could attribute some of it on stress, Covid, my husbands health, my grandsons upcoming heart surgery, etc. etc….but eating didn’t solve a thing except make me fat!….well, I am done making excuses…..as of this morning I am giving my health priority again…I can’t control what anyone else does or what they eat….it is time to put my health needs first again…..back to square one and in the drivers seat!

Well, tomorrow is my NEW week and new way of eating for my health….this time it has to be serious!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well Connie, stress doesn't help, does it. But eating the stress doesn't help either. 🥺

Hello @mrsjenfrank 👋

Did you say veggies and fruits? I just started a bunny thread a couple of days ago!

Look for the 🐰🐰🐰🐇s and come post there!

I've gravitated here because many of Novus' posts articulate my own beliefs about what has a better chance of working. They're definitely worth a read to see if some of the ideas resonate with you.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. Your 293 number is in lbs based on the overall discussion.
    How fast/slow do you tend to lose your weight when you're losing?
    Do you stop tracking when you reach goal?

I like the sounds of your exercise strategy!
    One "trick" to remember re: exercise calories is that all day tracking watches and MFP generated exercises do their math differently.

Tracking watches show extra calories you could THEORETICALLY eat at 100% subject to verification. But MFP generated exercises show "gross" calories, not net. You have to deduct the amount of calories MFP has already assigned to the time slot to get the theoretical net value.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,856 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bullfrognz! Most of us here have lost and gained and lost again in our lives. The trick is finding a lifestyle that will help you maintain the loss. For me it’s been planning and logging every day. I don’t make great choices every day - just more days than not.
    Please feel free to join in the discussions. Read some of the older posts about finding a way to control weight in a manner that’s sustainable for you. Lots of wisdom there.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello! Been AWOL… for absolutely, no good reasons looking back, so please forgive…!
    Hope you are all doing well and I can see a lot of you are here still and plodding on with great stuff…Fab!
    I have had many stern talks with myself… and from my long suffering Consultant and GP and …. I resolve NO… I PROMISE to stay the course this time….no matter how bumpy, pot holey or even sink holey this bloomin’ road to sexy smaller small’ish pants gets!

Edited - to make some sense! Possibly 🥴
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Yay, welcome back stranger! So glad you've hauled yourself back on the wagon and are ready to give it another shot! We've all been there.....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Welcome!….love seeing all the new and returning members!….join in any conversation and scroll through past posts!