Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Really dragging today. I am not sure if it is the 14.4 pounds of water I have lost in the last 6 days or the fact that my wife is running a fever which may mean I am in the beginning stages of a cold or flu myself. My temp is 98.2. My "normal" has been a steady 97.6 since a few months into my weight loss I am not sure how to interpret 98.2. I guess for now I will assume that it is normal of close enough to normal. This is another one of those weight loss can be weird things...
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Work was challenging today. I ate great and per my plan. I need to drink more water. Today’s Gratitude meditation was very nice and a daily must.

I am now creating the life of my dreams in an easy and relaxed manner and in a healthy and positive way! This is an experiment, I have nothing to lose in achieving all of my goals and dreams!

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Way cool showing up for yourself in contrast to past habits.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Today is off to a great start. After ~3 weeks of plateau and a 5 lb uptick in weight over the last 4-5 days, I've finally made my way to a new low on the scale this morning. What a relief.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Celebrate your actions!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    Today is off to a great start. After ~3 weeks of plateau and a 5 lb uptick in weight over the last 4-5 days, I've finally made my way to a new low on the scale this morning. What a relief.

If you are anything like me you may get another new low weight tomorrow and the next day. Unless I am in a really big uptick my "whooshes" go for 3-4 days.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    So happy for you Merph!.....you got a reward for all the work you are doing!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I had my first downtick in a week today, which I know isn't all that long, but it was helpful. I haven't been getting in any bike rides outside my normal commute all week, which has me feeling a bit down.

also, I went to a gathering this weekend where diet/weight loss came up, with a special focus on extreme low carb diets. it bugged me a bit, in particular because when I mention my concerns about super low carb--as an actual degree-holding scientist that teaches biochemistry--I get brushed off and ignored. I get it, eating and weight loss are personal things. I just want people to be aware of what's actually going on at a cellular and metabolic level when you starve your body of glucose. bah. I'm getting over it.

today is the Tuesday-night-ladies-bike-ride that I've done a couple of times now, so I'm going to get out there for some riding-therapy. 🚲
  • NovusDies
    Options
    amkita wrote: »
    I had my first downtick in a week today, which I know isn't all that long, but it was helpful. I haven't been getting in any bike rides outside my normal commute all week, which has me feeling a bit down.

also, I went to a gathering this weekend where diet/weight loss came up, with a special focus on extreme low carb diets. it bugged me a bit, in particular because when I mention my concerns about super low carb--as an actual degree-holding scientist that teaches biochemistry--I get brushed off and ignored. I get it, eating and weight loss are personal things. I just want people to be aware of what's actually going on at a cellular and metabolic level when you starve your body of glucose. bah. I'm getting over it.

today is the Tuesday-night-ladies-bike-ride that I've done a couple of times now, so I'm going to get out there for some riding-therapy. 🚲

I think I would enjoy going on a bike ride with you. It might be awkward on a Tuesday night though. lol.

Congrats on the new low.
  • amkita
    Options
    @NovusDies there are six other days of the week to choose from! 😃

• NovusDies
    Options
    amkita wrote: »
    @NovusDies there are six other days of the week to choose from! 😃

Who knows? After I get through all this surgical nonsense next spring I might even drop my longstanding rule of never meeting another internet weirdo nice person again. I suspect it might take me a real long time to bike to wherever you are though. lol.
  • amkita
    Options
    @NovusDies I wouldn't suggest starting with a cross-country ride! maybe, like, a bike path? 🚲🚲🚲
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So I have my cat on a diet too. The little witch must be getting food from the neighbors because she had put on 200g this morning. Now I'm going to have to watch where she goes and let them know not to feed her. Maybe she goes and steals it...I wouldn't be surprised... she's a sneaky wee witch. 🐈 🐅
  • NovusDies
    Options
    How is the wee witch doing now?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    This has been a good day....my husbands RA pain let up some today and my grandchildren had early dismissal from school...we picked them up and went to Olive Garden for lunch....I had a huge salad and the 510 calorie shrimp scampi....no bread sticks and no wine....I was comfortably full, no guilt, and we had a great time with the kids....brought dinner home for their parents and I have chicken salad prepared for my dinner....no muss, no fuss and nothing to clean up!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had a realization yesterday afternoon while driving to the gym to hit the treadmill. The realization had to do with reasons behind my weight not lowering for weeks upon weeks. Thinking back on my exercise, I have really stepped up and tried to be active each and every day and for these last same "weeks upon weeks" my deliberate exercise has been hit or miss. Coincidence? I think not!

As I approached the treadmill it also occurred to me that I've made some really good progress this year. Looking back I remember telling myself, ok, you can do ten minutes, just ten minutes at a slow pace (2.0 with no incline). I kept the slow pace but increased my duration to 30 minutes (yeah!) over a period of two months. That weight loss plateau I've been whining about coincides with my exercise plateau. In May and June I began to up the pace and just kept it going in July. I can do better because I am fitter than when I started and when I coasted in July.

Yesterday was my intentional push to up my pace and it felt really good! I did my five minute warmup at 2.5 and each 1/8 of a mile I ramped up until I reached a pace of 3.3 (another five minutes). I walked that 3.3 pace for seven minutes and backed it down just as I had ramped it up, ending with my five minute cool down at 2.5 pace. Heart rate was good and in both my cardio zone and fat burn zone.

I am looking forward to going back to the gym tonight and see if I can accomplish this again :wink:

9gxs83ppoij0.jpg
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I am undecided how I want today to play out. We will be having people over for Halloween with party food. There is also the candy but they appeal of that is minimal for me.

Because I was out running errands I ran through McD for 2 egg mcmuffins and a grilled chicken plain (I only ate the chicken) and with the rest of the food I have eaten today I have saved no extra calories for tonight.

I stopped caring a long time ago if I was the odd one out not eating with everyone else so that is not a factor.

This is kind of weird for me. I usually know what I am going to do but I am 50/50 on making this a maintenance day and just eating tonight. I believe I could flip a coin and be happy with either result.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm having an empty day. I have felt very hungry all day. I'm craving all sorts of bad things...pizza, candy, ice cream. Really anything. I have kept my diet in check and I am going to have a good dinner but doesn't stop my head from saying "EAT"
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I should have had a plan. I poked around and ended up eating more than I should because I had not thought it through. So I am over maintenance by over 800 calories. I am slightly irritated because I know better but what is done is done.