Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @luxia2020 it's almost the weekend, s'up?

@Bella_figura we are really trying to limit the food to the doctor's approved list. She is stable/not getting worse on these foods. When I've cautiously strayed the reaction has been there more often than not

Bread products no major reaction to the ones tried. Pasta dried was a thing for a while. But we are developing a weight issue.

Beef liver she seemed to be ok with. But I'm looking for something with a chew for teeth hygiene

Chicken or pork did not go over very well. Pizza which she loves loves loves the crust... yeah, not the next day.

Steroids two kinds really didn't work well for her. The (multi years of paw injuries are catching up) and that doesn't help 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Dried squash sounds interesting. The question is what kind and how

Pumpkin maybe too. Pumpkin apple "cookies" 🤔

I will have another look at the recipes too!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    So today was precooking. One half pork loin into twelve chops (frozen in bags of four) and eight chunks of meat for country pork ribs for Char Siu (Chinese BBQ pork) and marinade into two bags. One chunk's about the same amount of meat as a chop, so it works out.

Made the teriyaki beef last night, and this morning made a little more white rice and made up lunches with the teriyaki beef, broccoli, and white rice for Boyfriend to take to work next week.

Made saffron rice for tomorrow night's Greek chicken.

Fried up a pound of hamburger so Girlfriend can have cheeseburger mac when the rest of us are having spaghetti with marinara and meatballs. (She isn't eating tomatoes as they make her fibro worse.)

Made myself blueberry muffins for breakfast. Two is about 500 calories, which I can afford if I'm not snacking, and that lets me have one about six am and then one about nine am, and that gets me through to lunch well.

Made a sausage, onion, mushroom, and spinach quichecake, which is currently sitting on the counter cooling fo I can wrap it for the freezer. I just took one out to thaw, so I wanted to put another one in. That way people always have a good solid breakfast option available.

Made pico de gallo because I used the last of the last batch in tacos tonight. Also we had patty melts for lunch.

I still have to cut one pork loin and make the fried pork bits for sweet-and-sour and such, but that is enough of a deal that I decided to do it tomorrow, and read a couple books and drink tea for the rest of the evening.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    I sure hope your household members appreciate what a GEM 💎 you are Alexandra!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I sure hope your household members appreciate what a GEM 💎 you are Alexandra!

They're pretty good about that. My son said the other day that (and he's autistic, so this is a BIG DEAL) "I'll try anything you make, mom, because you'll make it the best it can be made." They always compliment me when they see their plates and when they bring their dishes to the kitchen, and they are always happy to see me working in the kitchen to precook and plan, and are always willing to taste test, especially the spicier things that I don't like. They don't want to go eat out...not because of the pandemic, but because I make better food at home than most of what they can get at restaurants.

I guarantee after I make a month's worth of fried pork bites tomorrow (we have one meal of those a week, so four bags is a month, with thirty pieces per bag) I will get a massage and all sorts of other appreciation from my partners.

For now, I'm going to have a bath and head towards bed. Something about getting up at five-thirty has me thinking about bed at nine pm.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Nothing makes a good cook feel as appreciated as a heartfelt compliment about their food!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Did some chores and therapy-recommended exercises. Will be back in the gym Monday. Getting more steroid shots before we go on vacation in May. Finally going to see family in Ohio after over two years. I’m hoping it’s safer now to visit the more fragile relatives.

Went shopping alone today - usually hubby joins as he doesn’t mind shopping. I do enjoy the rare solo time. Bought some snappy red sandals which made me very happy!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yooly in Red ❣️
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    They sound so summery! Hope you have a good trip...can't believe how close we are to May
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Y'all are doing so good! @Janatki don't make the mutt union come after you for neglect... skype the moor bunnies and set up appointments for a visit!

I'm... off to snooze a bit... if I can (sugar with yummy fats)buzz down! :hushed:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hubby’s 75th birthday today. 🎂 Celebrated at a wonderful all-you-can-eat Middle Eastern buffet. Marvelous food. Restraint was exercised but I’m sure it was over my daily calorie allotment.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Hubby’s 75th birthday today. 🎂 Celebrated at a wonderful all-you-can-eat Middle Eastern buffet. Marvelous food. Restraint was exercised but I’m sure it was over my daily calorie allotment.

Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo! Happy Birthday to YOUZE!

C E L
    E B R A
    T I O N ! ! !

Hope you had loads of fun!!! :smiley:

**youze is plural youze knowz!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yes I just love the new style where even if you're ready to drop whatever they're asking for, some types of glasses they can't make in less than a week no matter what!

By the way if anybody in Canada knows a cheeper way to get high index progressive "transition" lenses other than through Costco Loblaws after applying Canadian automobile association 30% discount plus stacking on a points promo.... Please inform inquiring minds would like to know!

Hey Alexandra, I think you've mentioned it once before but what does boyfriend specialize on? And has he ever done any Windows server/AD/RDS migrations?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    oh glasses....I need new ones too and my optometrist who I like has moved to I don't know where and been replaced by two snarky new ones. :'(
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Expecting big thunderstorms today. Off to the gym early trying to avoid them.