Share Your Day

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I started wearing glasses when I was ten….my eyesight got worse every year….I wore contact lens for a long time…without my glasses or lens I was legally blind!...5 years ago after steroid shots in my shoulder and knees I had cataracts develop very fast….I had both eyes done and now I have 20/20 vision in both eyes for the first time since I was 9 or 10…I do wear cheaters to read….I still can’t believe how clear my vision is now!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Oh please - let that happen to me @conniewilkins56, I hate wearing glasses, blind as bat without ‘em!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    It's not the usual progression I keep hearing about!
  • PAV8888
    But I would love for my vision to clear up instead of deteriorate!
  • PAV8888
    OK: so... the tubby -- I mean muttski -- has been prodded by a money extracting emotional manipulation adept a vet!

Y'all know about the muttski's plan to quickly lose the 15% of her body weight that she's gained during the past few months of pasta eating, right? The famous drop a few lbs by getting a chunk of me eaten by a sea otter plan?

Turns out she has.... FOUR holes.

The two previously seen on her left flank... plus two on her right shoulder.

Vet claims oh: this is sooooo deep.... I mean it is ALMOST (koo at the ALMOST) **TWO** CENTIMETERS (because they're more interesting than NOT EVEN AN INCH, right?) LONG. DA POOR BABY. (In the meanwhile the muttski is saying: you gonna give me the damn cookie or what lady? And stop yelling in my ear, m'ok?)

Anyway. Let's not belabour the obvious -- if it were me I would be waiting for an infection to start before doing anything than giving myself a rabies shot!!!

Anyway... muttski signed herself up for a full economy fare with two suitcases and advanced premium seat selection PLUS the right of cancellation for a full refund up to two hours before departure and 125% aeroplan miles from Vancouver to Athens and BACK.... except that there is no refund, and instead of getting four plane rides and over 30 hours of flying with a few snacks thrown in... all she is getting for her money is an early morning car ride, knock out da dog goodies, a shave, some irrigation, a couple of sutures, lots of antibiotics, a cone, and, of course... a free pedicure and manicure, plus a groggy rest of her day--how fun!

Oh... and she paid an extra 10% for the consult and some extra dead rabies floaties!
  • Those puncture wounds are dangerous. I had several animals in childhood that got nasty abcesses from bites.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts and words. I have been grappling with the new diagnosis. Like, it makes 100% sense especially after doing more research. I just... I don't know... it's like I am scared of what it means. I know that doesn't make much sense, but I don't do well with the "unknown" so it is causing me additional anxiety. But I believe it is the right diagnosis. It just fits all too well, especially if you add in the things I really struggled with as a child but was forced to cope with.

I did do some shopping yesterday for a few things I think may help. I got some noise reducing ear plugs, a weighted lap pad (since my weighted blanket is WAY too warm for most of the year), a fidget ring, and some stress balls. Just a little "starter kit" after sitting down with myself and trying to figure out what may help. Should be getting it all today (yay Amazon).

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    Dealing with what is known is far better than struggling with the unknown. At least noe you will have some coping strategies and tools to made the road forward a bit easier. ❣️
  • PAV8888
    See @Athijade you're already better able to target issues! And Amazon... little vans everywhere!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,611 Member
    Good first moves, Athijade. I can see how it would be scary - but I hope, a Yooly suggests, this will shift some of the things you have struggled with from the "unknown" into the "known" territory.

Poor Mutski, PAV. Lucky vet! She gets to fly to Greece. I would absolutely go with the antibiotics....the other stuff ??? Gotta hand it to your girl though - she is no wallflower (river weed?).

Connie - I'm guessing your update to 20/20 vision is because the lens implants they used are "prescription"?
  • PAV8888
    I am having many second thoughts. I almost called to cancel. I mean... it has been 48 hours... shouldn't any sign of infection have already shown up? Why should she go through sedation if there is no need? :rage:
  • lauriekallis
    EEEEKKKK ....I didn't realize it involved sedation. That would scare me a lot.
  • lauriekallis
    Especially if there is no sign of infection.
  • lauriekallis
    When my girl was attacked - she had a bunch of puncture wounds. The vet - who I trust enormously - gave her a prescription for prophylactic antibiotics right away. After that it was a case of keeping a close eye on her wounds. He is a country vet - accustomed to animals living in a rougher way.
  • PAV8888
    I know. That's why I am having so many second thoughts.... she wants to stitch. OK. But... does she a) need to? and b) again... not even light sedation. We are talking just short of IV.
  • lauriekallis
    Tough call. You really want to trust your vet / doctor ... but some of them ... I just don't know. My hamsters would have a field day with that kind of stress. Hope you are doing okay on that front. <3
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,761 Member
    Personally I'd only put my dog under heavy sedation as a last resort. Too many dogs don't do well under full anaesthetic. I'd put my faith in the antibiotics and let nature take its course.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    ^^^ got to say I tend to agree, my beautiful lab didn’t do well after such an episode, though may not have done well either way …Tough one to call Pav.,..