Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    7wd8a7gb93b4.jpeg

juc47fpv7r5u.jpeg

I love primates, so I have several primate knick-knacks, including these two fine specimens. The monkey money box is hollow cast bronze....empty of coins, it weighs just over 2.6kg (5.7lbs). The gorilla (including his treasured marbles) is solid bronze and weighs 11.4kg (25lbs). He's so heavy I had to weigh him on my bathroom scales, as you can see from the photo.

I've currently lost the equivalent of 3 gorillas (75 lbs), to take me to a BMI of 25.2.

By the time I reach my ultimate goal I'll have lost 3 gorillas and 2 monkeys (86.4lbs).

So just two monkeys to go to my ultimate goal weight. By the time I've lost one monkey, I'll already be my lowest ever adult weight...the second monkey is the icing on the cake.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    But how about them monkey brains? 🤔 I thought we had standardized on Garfields, 🐰, 🐇s, and 🐹s! 🤷🏻‍♂️ What's with the 🐒🐵🙈 business?
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Guess it’s time to get the last two monkeys off your back Bella?

It is an interesting way to visualize weight loss. I mentally thought of five pound sacks of 🥔 potatoes. I lost about 20. I don’t know how I managed to walk about carrying that many sacks all day every day. Still have four sacks to go.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    That's a lot of spuds Yooly! Yes, it beggars belief how we managed to tote that weight around all day every day, unable to put it down even for a moment. No wonder we're tough as old boots...
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,614 Member
    Options
    I thought of a patio stone+
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Jun 30 2022 Weight 205.4 lbs

LW 7/12 202.8 lbs
    CW 7/27 201.4 lbs
    Loss 1.4 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 57.2 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 75.4 lbs

Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 32.4 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 56.4 lbs
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    a1yhngtsz52u.gif

Congratulations!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Oh wow Dante, sincere congratulations! What an achievement! Please, please keep us posted on your maintenance - we need you to remain one of the 5% who keeps the weight off! Kudos to you and enjoy the next part of the adventure!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Dante!! Congrats!

Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Jun 30 2022 Weight 205.4 lbs

LW 7/27 201.4 lbs
    CW 7/29 201.0 lbs
    Loss 0.4 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 57.6 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 75.8 lbs

Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 32.0 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 56.0 lbs
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Dante - I just don't know what to say. Congratulations doesn't seem sufficient. But what the heck...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ABD - can't wait to be writing a similiar response when you announce you have reached your goal!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    43yal8cuii4u.gif
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You knowz what U're 2 do, right? DON'T STOP management... for quite a while. Business as usual... same-o, same-o.... keep going like the energizer bunny!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words guys and way to go ABD!

I'm certainly not going anywhere, maintenance is even more important for me than reaching an arbitrary goal. Onwards!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    So proud and envious of both of you!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Based on my trend data for the past 70 days, I've had to reduce my activity factor from 1.67 (which it's been since almost the beginning, 500+ days ago) to 1.54. This shaves over 150 calories a day from my daily calorie budget.

Grrrrrrr.

I'm wondering if I've become more indolent and am burning less NEAT...although it certainly doesn't feel like it! I guess I AM doing less gardening, given that it's been so hot this summer. Maybe a little less housework too...

However, intentional exercise remains at least 90 minutes of walking per day at a pace of about 3.5 mph, plus at least 4 hours of intensive cycling per week (for which the calorie burn is measured by power meters and definitely meets the criteria for 'intensive exercise' (i.e. pushing between 2 and 3 watts per kg of bodyweight). Plus I'm now hula hooping for at least 30 minutes a day.

When my activity factor was around 1.67 I was doing about the same amount of walking, less cycling, no hula hooping, and maybe a little more gardening, housework or general NEAT activity.

I'm having a hard time believing that 30 minutes of hula hooping and at least 50kms extra cycling per week don't offset a little slow down in NEAT activity.

But that's the conclusion I'm reaching....unless anyone has any better ideas.

My food logging remains as accurate as it ever was...every bite, sip, lick and nibble weighed and logged...

I guess I'd better dig out my gardening gloves and my duster and hoover....
  • PAV8888
    Options
    remember that the goal is not activity for the sake of activity or activity for the sake of food (and I've definitely fallen into the second trap)

The aim of logging is to keep track of what is "an APPROPRIATE amount of food for YOUR GOALS given your activity at the time".

The aim of activity is health, happiness, an outlet, only somewhat food related -- but ideally not primarily food driven.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Don't worry Pav, the activity is done for pure fun, joy and enjoyment (the cycling and the hula hooping) or for utility and pleasure (the dog walking)....no exercise done (yet!) for eating reasons or for reasons of excess or obsession.

But I DO like the food-related side effect of all this pleasurable activity - i.e. getting to enjoy lots of yummy food. I don't do it for that reason, but I enjoy the by-product nonetheless.

I'm not planning to increase my intentional exercise to make up the calorie gap...that way madness lies! I like my current activities and don't want them to turn into a chore or a millstone around my neck. But I AM a bit grumpy about having fewer calories at my disposal.