Share your Numbers

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,611 Member
    lol...I was not sincere, PAV. I have tried this pie - a month or so ago - when I stumbled across it. I picked it up for my son/daughter in law who are big fans of cream pies. It is pretty good.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,761 Member
    No need to even eat the pie...just eat a prawn or two that's been left out in a sunny spot for a few hours and wait for the inevitable 'tummy ache'. As a bonus you may get a really severe case of 'tummy ache' and lose a quarter of your body weight. Don't try this when you're about to go wild camping for a week.

What is it about men and bargains? As my mom always used to say...there's no such thing as free food. It all contains calories...
  • lauriekallis
    Oh I wish your mom wasn't so right, Bella!

I hope you're feeling better.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,761 Member
    Thanks Laurie but luckily it’s not happened this trip..happened last time we were camping. I’ll never eat a prawn ever again! 🤢🤢🤢
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    edited June 2022
    What is it about men and bargains? As my mom always used to say...there's no such thing as free food. It all contains calories...

Men perhaps reverting to hunter-gatherers? Hubby would buy anything that’s discounted and the try to figure out how to use it. Absolutely cannot be trusted in a grocery store alone. I usually follow behind him repeating NO NO NO NO NO.
    Mercifully hubby and son eat it all with not much ill effect. Hubby weighs less now than he did at 18. 🤯
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    Ha! According to the men I know it is the femmes who are bargain hunters! I admit, I'm sales motivated, but not *fake* sales motivated 😡🤬😡 those just annoy me and they are way too prevalent
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Good progress this week.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 64.5 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 74.4 kg - 164 lb - 27 ΒΜΙ

LW: 76.9 kg - 169.5 lb - 27.9 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 76.1 kg - 167.8 lb - 27.6 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -0.8 kg / -1.8 lb / -1.04% TBW

OL: 101.7 kg - 224.2 lb - 36.9 BMI - 57.2% TBW in 800 days

Weight class projections:
    Obese class II: Reached - 21.05.2021 - 401 days.
    Obese class I: Reached - 25.09.2021 - 526 days.
    Overweight: Reached - 19.03.2022 - 704 days.
    Goal (74.4kg): 1.7 kg - 3.7 lb - 13 days.

Exactly 800 days out, and coming closer to the goal I set a looong time ago. Will have to re-evaluate when I do reach it, but we'll cross that river when the time comes. <3
  • Yoolypr
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Exactly 800 days out, and coming closer to the goal I set a looong time ago. Will have to re-evaluate when I do reach it, but we'll cross that river when the time comes. <3

Your life must be so different in every way possible!
  • lauriekallis
    Great progress this week, Dante. They'll have to tie you down soon so you don't get blown away by those ocean breezes next time you are visiting an island :)
  • lauriekallis
    Oh my...I wrote a big long post and then lost it :( so a short version:
    I ran out of cash/credit in April = running out of a supplement that is good for me all over. Hopefully that sudden change also had a hand in my weight creeping up and up and up despite reasonable calories in/calories out levels. And, the best part, delivery of said supplement is expected today (actually it was the delivery notification that wiped out my post with, of course, some help from me).
    Hopefully my next "numbers" post will be something that makes me smile.
    rv5szyy7k2sd.jpg
    h1lv601bnh52.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    They came....they came
  • lauriekallis
    I have a moment to rewrite my original post now:
    A few months after I quit smoking - sixish years ago - I had similar things going on as I do now. Weight creeped up, despite a few months of eating around 1500 calories per day. I also lost the nails from my big toes, lost lots of hair, resting heart rate slowed down, lots of problems with ligaments/tendons (serious problems, one after the other) and brain fog that pretty well ended life as I knew it for more than a year.

Saw the doctor - had thyroid tests - and the results indicated I was on the hypothyroid end of normal. Not worthy of medicating in my doctor's opinion. So, I went off and found freeze dried/dessicated grass-fed cow thyroid - the stuff they used to use before they came up with the synthetic thyroid replacement. After a few months, I got the dosage right and I was back to normal! (Knee and shoulder surgery helped too). I had to keep adjusting it in the past couple of years as I lost weight but I've been feeling pretty normal.

Back in April of this year, I was a bit cash/credit poor and was not able to order those little cow bits. I ran out out in May and didn't order until June. I thought it would be okay, because part of me doesn't even believe any of that stuff was real - and I was happy to see what happened when I stopped taking them.

Over the past two months I have been feeling really overwhelmed with work, figured I was just busy. My resting heart rate has dropped - had no answer for that. Both big toenails are almost off (just hanging on by a thread) - figured that was because of my new boots. Can't walk well because of a wicked case of plantar fascitis in my left foot (not in the right because that one completely tore off with a chunk of heel bone a few years ago leaving me in a cast for 8 weeks) - thought that was because I was walking funny because of the toenails.

Today I realized - aaahhhh - it is the pills (or lack of pills).
    And that is why my hair looks like hell too :)
    I really hope this is what is going on.
    Because now I have the pills.
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2022
    Could you get another doctors opinion or retest thyroid? Might be cheaper to get a prescription rather than supplements. I’m not familiar with the Canadian medical system so it’s just a thought.
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2022
    push and beat up the doctor boo. Hope the cow bits work!

Dante awesome job and start (I'm sure you already are) planning. And there is no let down... plan for minimum equal time continuing as is; albeit with a few more cals. If shorter time period... great. If not... be ready!
  • Yoolypr
    Weight was heading nicely down and then? Now heading up 2 lbs. I’ll give it a week to see what’s happening. Water, salt, body weirdness... not hitting the panic button yet. But watching 👁
  • lauriekallis
    No drug coverage for us lowly "self-employed" contract works ... lol. Normally not an issue - just had a post-pandemic - disorganized billing perfect storm :)

Cant wait for the freakin' foot to feel better. Seems to want to not be used - but that isn't a very practical thing is it???? Furry one isn't too pleased either.
  • lauriekallis
    Hope things level out on the lower end, Yooly!
  • Yoolypr
    Hope things level out on the lower end, Yooly!

Well it’s leveling but on the higher end. Time to put the brakes on 🖐
  • meggs9605
    meggs9605 Posts: 55 Member
    LONG time lurker here... Fair warning, I have a long history of disordered eating. Also, my metabolism is about 40% lower than what my stats suggest (I have had multiple metabolic assessments over the last 5 years). So even though my BMR SHOULD 1690, my actual BMR is barely over a thousand at 1010. During the pandemic I gained over 65 lbs and was almost back to my all-time high weight and I couldn't even recognize my self.

With that said, here is a snapshot of my "current" journey (like many of you, this has been a life long battle):

Female
    Age - 38
    Height - 5'6"

Highest weight ever - 289lbs (age 19)
    Lowest weight ever - 145lbs (age 25 and I was sickly thin looking)

Recent HW (June, 2021) - 280lbs
    Recent LW (Feb 2022) - 214 lbs
    GW - 175ish
    CW -219.6lbs (-7.6 lbs since last week)

I have been back to tracking faithfully for the last week hence the big woosh of water weight (but hey, I'll take it!).

Anyways, its awesome to see so many of you having continued success!
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2022
    Looks like you had a really good push between July and February and then slowed down a bit? How active are you under normal circumstances? Oh yes, hi hi!🙋‍♂️