Daily Post: August 14th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Over by about 120 calories
    Exercise: 4,250 steps

Daily Post: August 15th

Calories under goal: slightly over
    Exercise: 6,250 steps

My Dad is now out of the hospital and doing better. I'm hoping to get back into my walking more seriously tomorrow. I am really pretty proud that I didn't go off of the deep end and start eating unhealthy garbage this week. I did eat a little more calories than usual ...but good stuff.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Nope
    Calories: Doubt it.
    Exercise: 60 mins weight training, 60 mins walking

Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 75 mins weight training, 90 mins walking.

Comments: Getting myself back on track. Determined to not let my hunger and over eating tendencies win, ,but it's hard, even still!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 20 min walk
    Second week at work and getting back into the swing again. Preplanned all my meals and sticking to the plan. I am able to get in exercise every day and hope it shows on the scales this Saturday when I weigh in. Hope everyone had a great day
  • AB0215
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Happy Friday! Make today a good day!!

kvs1istpoigw.jpg
  • skrowe88
    skrowe88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    skrowe88
    August Week 2 (I've been out of touch)
    PW: 208.4
    CW: 208.2

I've been ashamed to weigh in lately because I've been overeating on a regular basis. Then I feel physically bad and I beat myself up. It's been a vicious cycle. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? I need to find something to change but I'm not sure what. I've been the same weight for 1.5 years now and it's getting frustrating.
  • AB0215
    Options
    skrowe88 wrote: »
    skrowe88
    August Week 2 (I've been out of touch)
    PW: 208.4
    CW: 208.2

I've been ashamed to weigh in lately because I've been overeating on a regular basis. Then I feel physically bad and I beat myself up. It's been a vicious cycle. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? I need to find something to change but I'm not sure what. I've been the same weight for 1.5 years now and it's getting frustrating.

@skrowe88 This has been me the last 2 weeks, and for me I think it's that I'm not really sure what my goals are now that I've hit my 100 lb goal, and I really have more that I need to lose, I'm just not excited about it I guess.

I was where you were a little over 2 years ago, not losing weight, wanting to and I decided to give keto a try after my trainer suggested it and it was what really changed things for me. After a few weeks of strict tracking and eating the right macros, my energy skyrocketed and my hunger plummeted, making weight loss a looooot easier! At the point that I'd decided to try it I was at that point where I had to do something because what I had tried and had been doing just wasn't getting the job done and I figured I had nothing to lose (except the weight I didn't want) so I'd try it. Really glad I did. I am not saying that Keto is for everyone and that is what you should do, but it does have some definite advantages and it is very effective, worth looking into if you're struggling. Cutting sugar has really cut most of my cravings for food!

Now I am at the point where I have to make some harder choices since I've lost so much weight and losing more means eating less and I don't really want to do that since I'm already exercising 2-3 hours every day...so I am trying to stop sabotaging myself and eat just a little less instead of overeating because the goal seems impossible once again.

The moral of my story is that you CAN do this, you might just need to do something a little more drastic and get it going because that's really when I started seeing results and once I started seeing them it got addicting and I wanted to see more results so I kept going.
  • skrowe88
    skrowe88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Thank you for sharing your story and for your support! I've actually done Keto before, but it left me with a warped relationship with food that I've been fixing ever since. So, although I can't cut sugar completely, I do think I need to try cutting candy and other artificial/processed sugar. It's just tough when I'm responsible for stocking the candy dish at work! Thank you for your kind words and hopefully, I can take back some control of my habits.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I've completely fallen off the wagon, y'all. Well, not completely - my eating hasn't been as good as it was, but it hasn't been total crap. But i haven't logged any food in probably 2 weeks, I haven't been here either in probably 2 weeks, I've only been working out once a week, and I've missed 2 weigh-ins on here. The kids went back to school yesterday, so hopefully over the next week or 2 I can get back on track. I actually plan to get food and tracking back again this weekend/Monday, although exercise will probably have to wait until the week after. (Due to the kids' after school activities, my schedule it going to have to change some. Which means my current gym/trainer won't work anymore. Which means I'll probably end up trying CrossFit again. But the activities start Monday, so I want to make sure the schedule it going to go the way I think it will before I drop my gym and commit to something different.)

So...@AB0215...since I've missed 2 weigh-ins...is it too late to submit either or both of those (I've been weighing myself most days)? If so, can I be a "cheerleader" this month but jump back in next?
  • AB0215
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »
    Ugh...I've completely fallen off the wagon, y'all. Well, not completely - my eating hasn't been as good as it was, but it hasn't been total crap. But i haven't logged any food in probably 2 weeks, I haven't been here either in probably 2 weeks, I've only been working out once a week, and I've missed 2 weigh-ins on here. The kids went back to school yesterday, so hopefully over the next week or 2 I can get back on track. I actually plan to get food and tracking back again this weekend/Monday, although exercise will probably have to wait until the week after. (Due to the kids' after school activities, my schedule it going to have to change some. Which means my current gym/trainer won't work anymore. Which means I'll probably end up trying CrossFit again. But the activities start Monday, so I want to make sure the schedule it going to go the way I think it will before I drop my gym and commit to something different.)

So...@AB0215...since I've missed 2 weigh-ins...is it too late to submit either or both of those (I've been weighing myself most days)? If so, can I be a "cheerleader" this month but jump back in next?

@OkieGina technically you've missed only one so far, last week, you still have time to submit one this week and still be part of the challenge., if you want to, you can also be a cheerleader if you want.
  • AB0215
    edited August 2019
    Options
    skrowe88 wrote: »
    @AB0215 Thank you for sharing your story and for your support! I've actually done Keto before, but it left me with a warped relationship with food that I've been fixing ever since. So, although I can't cut sugar completely, I do think I need to try cutting candy and other artificial/processed sugar. It's just tough when I'm responsible for stocking the candy dish at work! Thank you for your kind words and hopefully, I can take back some control of my habits.

@skrowe88 Interesting that keto seemed to have an effect on your relationship with food in that way, it's really what changed mine for the better. I no longer view food as a reward system, it's fuel. It's what fuels my goals. And realistically cutting processed sugars and foods is most of the aim of keto anyway. You want to ideally eat whole, unprocessed foods low in carbs, that's the basic idea behind it, a really over simplified version. You might do well with paleo or whole30 which also focus on eating whole unprocessed foods, which will make you feel fuller less hungry because your body is getting the nutrients it needs which really should help you. Eating processed foods high in sugars really just causes hunger and cravings as sugar is addicting. You will likely find a lot of success just cutting processed foods and reducing added sugar, you should notice that cutting those things out generally helps with cravings which is a lot of the battle. Another thing that I am trying to do these days is think about how eating what I'm eating will get me closer or farther away from my goals before I eat it, and I'm also journaling, actually by hand lately to work through my current issues and seeing it on paper is really helping me to sort through everything that I'm currently struggling with.
  • OkieGina
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @OkieGina technically you've missed only one so far, last week, you still have time to submit one this week and still be part of the challenge., if you want to, you can also be a cheerleader if you want.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and get back into the challenge - I think that will help me (re)commitment more!
  • OkieGina
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in for Monday:
    Username: OkieGina
    Week: August Week 3
    PW: 201.4
    CW: 202.0
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
    Water - 64 oz

Had another appt . this morning so I was a little rushed. Then had to be with my dad when his physical therapist showed up. Busy, busy, busy. I'm trying to lower my carb intake and have been doing well with that, but the scale seems to have been going in the wrong direction since I started. I'll give it a few more days.
  • AB0215
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Daily Post - Friday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
    Water - 64 oz

Had another appt . this morning so I was a little rushed. Then had to be with my dad when his physical therapist showed up. Busy, busy, busy. I'm trying to lower my carb intake and have been doing well with that, but the scale seems to have been going in the wrong direction since I started. I'll give it a few more days.
    @dustyspal Hang in there, a day or 2 isn't really enough time to see if changes are working.
  • SkinnyJen44
    SkinnyJen44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SkinnyJen44
    Week3 Friday weigh in
    PW 205.6
    CE 207.6 :(
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Fitness327wk

8.15 Thur 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️
    Water: Yes
    Exercise: Barre and hike
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    exersice yes
    Water - 96 oz
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    I have to go back to school, too. I teach high school and it will be an adjustment, for sure. I'm going to try to get my 10,000 steps walking before I leave, that way I know I don't have to worry about it after an exhausting day at school. That's a 4:00 am ⏰, but I just have to set my mind to it.

I am headed back also. Although I do get up early I can't imagine getting 10,000 steps before school. Do you have a treadmill?
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    I am headed down again to my mom's at least for today and tomorrow. I know this impacts my goals as my focus needs to be on her and although I can control my eating my exercise especially since my husband will be driving me down ( when I take the train I need to walk there and back). I will try to keep tracking and controlling my eating. I was down today so I feel good about that.

@Kin59vara You're right, while your focus may be split, you do still have control over your food choices while will always have the greatest impact on your weight loss. I think it's important to realize that you're doing well and use the momentum to help keep you on track!

Thanks so much for your support. Mom is doing well and is an example of how to eat correctly.
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Daily Post: August 14th

Calories under goal: Over by about 120 calories
    Exercise: 4,250 steps

Daily Post: August 15th

Calories under goal: slightly over
    Exercise: 6,250 steps

My Dad is now out of the hospital and doing better. I'm hoping to get back into my walking more seriously tomorrow. I am really pretty proud that I didn't go off of the deep end and start eating unhealthy garbage this week. I did eat a little more calories than usual ...but good stuff.

Glad you dad is doing better.
This discussion has been closed.