MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,585 Member
    Options
    @teresaw1210 Glad to see you posting with all you have going on! I forgot how annoying it was having to leave the house for showings. I'm sorry to hear your dog isn't happy about it! Sounds like between good food choices and furniture shopping you're doing great. Just reading your posts are motivating!

@Kres567 Welcome back from vacation! Good luck tomorrow, it's tough getting back to routine, though there's nothing like the feeling of sleeping in your own bed!

@AustinRuadhain That's some great stepping! I'd trip if I tried to do it that long! Sounds like another great day!

@davors19 I don't think I welcomed you, just got back from vacation. Welcome to the group! I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Did not do well this weekend (food-wise), so I'm off on the No Junk Food Challenge today. Going to see how many days this week I can do this. If you want to join me, feel free! Feel free, also, to tweak it to make it fit your needs.

mqfazdc6g2kl.jpg
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sunday8/11
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.2
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Exercise: lots of walking

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: tonight is yoga!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Thank you!

@UTMom81 - I love your No Junk Food challenge!

@mrmcgrath - What a great day you had on Sunday! Great choices!
    Yoga is so great! How did your session go?
    I started today with a Classical Stretch session, which is similar. I think it's a great balance to doing other, "get sweaty" activities.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I thought I should check in while I finish my coffee. :) Thanks to everyone for your kind and understanding replies to me. I so appreciate it! <3

@AustinRuadhain, that "Bright-Line" Rules article was very interesting and totally goes hand-in-hand with the positive self-talk that we should be giving ourselves. I have been working on that for a long time now and while I'm much better than I used to it's still a struggle some days. I'm going to work on some Bright Line rules for myself. :)

@UTMom81, a very timely challenge! B) I will join you in this challenge so that I can have an added layer of protection against the business and stress that has become my life.

Well, our open house yesterday was a huge success! Our realtor said about 40 people came through and they all loved the house. We are expecting three offers today and I'm praying that one of them will be accepted and I can begin the process of packing up the rest of my stuff and stop all this crazy cleaning!! :D Yesterday, we took a break and went and saw The Lion King. I wanted to see it as a tribute to my daughter who I lost a year and a half ago. It was her favorite movie and as I sat there listening to those familiar songs I could so clearly see her at three years old singing and dancing. The memories were sweet and I felt like she was there with me. <3

You all have a great day! :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Good morning! I thought I should check in while I finish my coffee. :) Thanks to everyone for your kind and understanding replies to me. I so appreciate it! <3

@AustinRuadhain, that "Bright-Line" Rules article was very interesting and totally goes hand-in-hand with the positive self-talk that we should be giving ourselves. I have been working on that for a long time now and while I'm much better than I used to it's still a struggle some days. I'm going to work on some Bright Line rules for myself. :)

@UTMom81, a very timely challenge! B) I will join you in this challenge so that I can have an added layer of protection against the business and stress that has become my life.

Well, our open house yesterday was a huge success! Our realtor said about 40 people came through and they all loved the house. We are expecting three offers today and I'm praying that one of them will be accepted and I can begin the process of packing up the rest of my stuff and stop all this crazy cleaning!! :D Yesterday, we took a break and went and saw The Lion King. I wanted to see it as a tribute to my daughter who I lost a year and a half ago. It was her favorite movie and as I sat there listening to those familiar songs I could so clearly see her at three years old singing and dancing. The memories were sweet and I felt like she was there with me. <3

You all have a great day! :)

@TeresaW1020 - Thanks for this note! I just made the connection that @UTMom81's Junk Food Challenge is "Bright-Line" Rules at work! 🤔💡😊

A big hurray to your Open House being such a huge success! I hope that one of those 3 offers works out and that you will be all done with the crazy house prep work! Hang in there!

I am glad the memories at The Lion King were sweet. Your strength and resilience are inspiring.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    @davors19 - Thanks for checking in even while on vacation! Have a great time!

@digger61 - Congratulations on being back at work!
    All the work you are doing to get healthier is so impressive -- especially that meal planning and prep for the entire week. So you take many days worth of food and head out on the road? Wow!

@Katmary71 - What a great day you had! Great work getting closer and closer to that pre-vacation weight!

@Kres567 - Welcome back! I hope that by the time you read this, you have had a lovely night's sleep!

I did! Had the best sleep - slept for 9 hours! Got up early and worked out. Ready for the day!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM
    vce5hdvorxg0.png

I JUST POSTED DAY 2 OF THE MODS CHALLENGE "DID YOU KNOW"
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759016/week-2-mods-challenge-did-you-know#latest

POP ON OVER AND TAKE A PEAK
    GREG
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, my weigh-in day is Tuesday but I'm on vacation and don't have a scale. I hope everyone is doing well and I'll be back next week!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey guys, my weigh-in day is Tuesday but I'm on vacation and don't have a scale. I hope everyone is doing well and I'll be back next week!

Have a great vacation this week! We'll see you next week!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm back from vacation and ready to get back on track. I feel like I'm at day one all over again :s I had a cortisone shot before going on vacation, so tonight's workout will be my first real test of how the shoulder is holding up. The good news is that I've got two weeks until the first day of school, and the building isn't open until Wednesday - so even if I wanted to, I can't go into work for the next couple of days. The focus for the next two weeks is going to be getting my consistency and momentum back, as well as cleaning and organizing around the house (plus getting ready for the school year.).
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I totally lost track of days! My kids came home this weekend and I was just lost in time, literally. Anyway today is my weigh-in and fresh start for the week. I’ll be posting in a few hours. Sorry I just kind of fell the earth for a minute 🤦🏾‍♀️
  • Katmary71
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Did not do well this weekend (food-wise), so I'm off on the No Junk Food Challenge today. Going to see how many days this week I can do this. If you want to join me, feel free! Feel free, also, to tweak it to make it fit your needs.

mqfazdc6g2kl.jpg

@UTMom81 I'll join you! I bought light ice cream but ate all but half a pint as I gave into hormonal cravings. Once that last half pint is gone tonight I'm in!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Monday check in
    Previous weight: 135
    Today's weight: 137.2

I expected to be up after vacation and have actually gone down quite a bit since I flew home, thank goodness! I'm actually embarrassed at how bad I munched and ate desserts. The only thing calorie-wise that was worth it was Chinese food and gourmet chocolate. Oh well, live and learn! I did make mostly good meal choices and worked out daily. Sorry this affects us as a team though.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I tried send private messages to the captains, as I'm not looking for attention, but MFP would not send the messages.
    Could you remove me from the group please?
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 202
    Todays Weight: 208
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @ka97 - Welcome back from vacation! It sounds like you are in a frustrating place today, but ready to get in action. I love your plan to build momentum before school starts. Work on your

@Kres567 or @broncobuddee - Can you assist?
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I tried send private messages to the captains, as I'm not looking for attention, but MFP would not send the messages.
    Could you remove me from the group please?
    We'll miss you and your love of coffee, Shmoo!

@Katmary71 - On the challenge - That is so fabulously real of you! Enjoy the last bit of light ice cream! And wow -- I just got that this is a 21 day challenge! You go!
    The only thing calorie-wise that was worth it was Chinese food and gourmet chocolate. Oh well, live and learn! I did make mostly good meal choices and worked out daily. That is so great! You are in much better shape than you'd be had you paid no attention at all to diet and exercise. That's really great!
    As far as weigh-in ("Sorry this affects us as a team though.) -- No apology needed, *I* think. We're all human and all working to do the bit better that will get us to goal eventually. The big game is for you and for all of us to get to our goals -- and hey you are getting closer and closer!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain thank you for your support, you always have something kind and supportive to say and I really appreciate you!

@19shmoo69 I'll miss you! I hope you come back!

@Jactop Just a temporary setback, you got this!
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Username: nlalamin04
    Previous Weight: 213
    Todays Weight: 212

I’m down a pound. I’m still adjusting my food. My goal is 2lbs a week.

Daily Check-In

Calories: over
    Water: over
    Exercise: very little
    Goals for improvement: Get a walk in, at least 30 mins. Increase veggies

*Mondays are my treatment days, my calories will probably always be over on a Monday.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    Username: nlalamin04
    Previous Weight: 213
    Todays Weight: 212

I’m down a pound. I’m still adjusting my food. My goal is 2lbs a week.

Daily Check-In

Calories: over
    Water: over
    Exercise: very little
    Goals for improvement: Get a walk in, at least 30 mins. Increase veggies

*Mondays are my treatment days, my calories will probably always be over on a Monday.

Good job!
This discussion has been closed.