MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Just ordered by step platform! :-)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    @AustinRuadhain Just ordered by step platform! :-)

Nice! Enjoy! Let us know how you like it!

I put in 80 minutes on mine last night, stepping while watching my team's first pre-season football game! Here's to enjoying the game 🏈 and burning calories 🔥 instead of snacking. I finished up with 2 fizzy waters -- one coconut 🥥 and one lime. 🍋
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In
    Thursday
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping 83 min; martial arts 10 min

Friday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories slightly under
    Water on plan or over
    Exercise: outdoor walk; martial arts work; bonus -- classical stretch or platform stepping
    🌅 So far, so good! I got up early and did a 46 minute brisk outdoor walk. And now I am sipping coffee ☕, putting off breakfast a bit longer to keep that fasting window longer.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Today’s weekly weigh in ... 211.2
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise bike, elliptical, weights

I'm back from vacation and really dragging the last couple days. I worked out every day but travel days and one morning, not sure why it's affecting me on this end, but I'm really worn out, needing naps the last couple days, and unable to do my full workouts. The one good thing is I'm not hungry, definitely didn't happen on my trip! I'm up in weight, 4lbs less than yesterday but still a 4lb gain. I ate a lot so I'm not really surprised. Hopefully I'll be able to get back down to 135 by the end of the month.

Have a great day everyone!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    previous weight: 214.8
    current weight: 211.8

Friday weigh-in - haven't checked in since 03Aug2019!! =<
    Food: under on cals - choices have been really good since coming home on Monday but we're back at the coast with our youngest this weekend so dinner tonight wasn't really 'on-plan' food
    Water: under a goal of 8 but I find I retain so much if I drink a bunch - mentioning this to my doc on Friday, next week
    Exercise: walking my tooshie off, almost 19,000 steps today - been getting 2-3 mile walks in most days and being mindful to get a lot of chores, etc., the rest of the time

Next Day Goals
    Food: be mindful for of nutrition and continued less sodium!
    Exercise: walk early before the heat is too brutal
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

I am having a hard time with time - enough of it. Next week will be hard, back at work and doing the daycare pickup Tue, Wed and Thur for my sweet granddaughter, all in addition to the normal stuff to do. Still - life is good and I realized something today that I find uplifting. Years ago in losing 130 pounds, I had to focus all my energy on weight loss and I was intensely immersed for a long time. I am focused in this chapter of a needed 50 pound loss (almost halfway there!) but it is less intense....I just don't have the same luxury of time that I had then. Life - is just different. But here I am, more of an on-auto-pilot mode but still have to plan and make time to exercise or it doesn't happen. I am encouraged by this feeling more natural, at this point, I think I'll need that to maintain the loss.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week ?
    Saturday
    PW 234
    CW 239
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Friday 8/9
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight: 211.2

Calories: over/under? Under

Water: over/under? Over

Exercise: outside yard work

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: My man Cub had all 4 wisdom teeth removed today so tomorrow’s goal consist mainly in taking care of him. Today was very stressful and I ended up breaking my no dairy no gluten lifestyle. Back to eating paleo/a.i.p tomorrow!

Team Challenge - Set your intention
    1. Gym 4 times in a week. ✔️✔️
    2. Get 7 + sleep a night ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    3. No gluten or dairy✔️✔️✔️✔️

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Calories: under, on plan
    Exercise: not much, worked in 6500 steps in spite of all day/evening meetings
    Water: not quite enough, but not bad
    Tomorrow: try to get in a workout after work (that would the 3rd of the 3 workouts I wanted to add this week). I've already got my healthy lunch packed and dinner planned, so calories should be good. Also, just got the logistics worked out for a hike on the Appalachian Trail on Saturday, so YAY! THAT always makes me happy!

Great day!! I hope you had a great day on the trail!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: notsolazylisa
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Past weight: 171.2
    Current weight: 173.8

I think my gain is due to water retention/bloating, I've been overindulging these past few days to celebrate my 40th birthday and haven't been exercising. I'm not going to feel guilty or let it get me down, you only turn 40 once lol.

My plan for the next few days is to stay under my calorie goal and get at least a 10 minute walk in, hopefully more.

Happy belated birthday!
  • Kres567
    Options
    fleetwood1 wrote: »
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 257.0
    Today's Weight: 255.6

Nice loss!
  • Kres567
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh In
    Username: KMD1214
    Weigh In Week: Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 151.5
    Current Weight: 151

Just a tweak this week, but happy to be starting a trip back ‘home’ with a small loss. My intention for the next three weeks is to approach eating mindfully. Once again, I can thank a Slimpossibles teammate or two for introducing me to mindful eating. Happy August, all!
    Week 1 Weigh In
    Friday
    Previous Weight: 157.6
    Current Weight: 156.0

Nice losses!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Friday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise bike, elliptical, weights

I'm back from vacation and really dragging the last couple days. I worked out every day but travel days and one morning, not sure why it's affecting me on this end, but I'm really worn out, needing naps the last couple days, and unable to do my full workouts. The one good thing is I'm not hungry, definitely didn't happen on my trip! I'm up in weight, 4lbs less than yesterday but still a 4lb gain. I ate a lot so I'm not really surprised. Hopefully I'll be able to get back down to 135 by the end of the month.

Have a great day everyone!

Today is the last day of our vacation. I’m sure I’m up as well on the scales. Not going to weigh in Until next Friday. Going to give myself a week on my regular schedule. Wasn’t able to get my workouts in either. Weather was crap. Going to try and get one more swim in today.
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    previous weight: 214.8
    current weight: 211.8

Friday weigh-in - haven't checked in since 03Aug2019!! =<
    Food: under on cals - choices have been really good since coming home on Monday but we're back at the coast with our youngest this weekend so dinner tonight wasn't really 'on-plan' food
    Water: under a goal of 8 but I find I retain so much if I drink a bunch - mentioning this to my doc on Friday, next week
    Exercise: walking my tooshie off, almost 19,000 steps today - been getting 2-3 mile walks in most days and being mindful to get a lot of chores, etc., the rest of the time

Next Day Goals
    Food: be mindful for of nutrition and continued less sodium!
    Exercise: walk early before the heat is too brutal
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

I am having a hard time with time - enough of it. Next week will be hard, back at work and doing the daycare pickup Tue, Wed and Thur for my sweet granddaughter, all in addition to the normal stuff to do. Still - life is good and I realized something today that I find uplifting. Years ago in losing 130 pounds, I had to focus all my energy on weight loss and I was intensely immersed for a long time. I am focused in this chapter of a needed 50 pound loss (almost halfway there!) but it is less intense....I just don't have the same luxury of time that I had then. Life - is just different. But here I am, more of an on-auto-pilot mode but still have to plan and make time to exercise or it doesn't happen. I am encouraged by this feeling more natural, at this point, I think I'll need that to maintain the loss.

Great loss - thanks for sharing your post about time. I feel the same way much of the time.
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week ?
    Saturday
    PW 234
    CW 239

We know this isn’t for long. Have a look back at the weeks you recently loss and see what you were doing differently.
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    Friday 8/9
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight: 211.2

Calories: over/under? Under

Water: over/under? Over

Exercise: outside yard work

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: My man Cub had all 4 wisdom teeth removed today so tomorrow’s goal consist mainly in taking care of him. Today was very stressful and I ended up breaking my no dairy no gluten lifestyle. Back to eating paleo/a.i.p tomorrow!

Team Challenge - Set your intention
    1. Gym 4 times in a week. ✔️✔️
    2. Get 7 + sleep a night ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    3. No gluten or dairy✔️✔️✔️✔️

Good loss!
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 274
    Today's Weight: 272.4
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In

You have done so well, I love reading your story and going along with you on the journey... => What an adventure...
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: walking around looking at furniture all day

This house selling business is tiring!! Yesterday, we had to be out of the house and ended up picking up dinner at the grocery store and eating it at my work (the church office) with our little dog. Today, we had to leave the house all day because of showings. We went into Atlanta to look at furniture and had lunch. I made an ok choice and had the blackened salmon with a Caesar salad. I did eat the incredible croutons! :p Tomorrow, we have another showing before our open house so once again we will eat out for lunch and then we are going to see the new Lion King movie. My little dog has to be in doggy daycare and is so tired and cranky. We are just praying that we can sell this house quickly!

I know that I am your new motivator and I'm sorry that I'm not making comments to you all. I ask for just a little patience during this busy time in my life. I promise to be more attentive just as soon as I can! Keep up the good work!! :)<3
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In

Great loss!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: walking around looking at furniture all day

This house selling business is tiring!! Yesterday, we had to be out of the house and ended up picking up dinner at the grocery store and eating it at my work (the church office) with our little dog. Today, we had to leave the house all day because of showings. We went into Atlanta to look at furniture and had lunch. I made an ok choice and had the blackened salmon with a Caesar salad. I did eat the incredible croutons! :p Tomorrow, we have another showing before our open house so once again we will eat out for lunch and then we are going to see the new Lion King movie. My little dog has to be in doggy daycare and is so tired and cranky. We are just praying that we can sell this house quickly!

I know that I am your new motivator and I'm sorry that I'm not making comments to you all. I ask for just a little patience during this busy time in my life. I promise to be more attentive just as soon as I can! Keep up the good work!! :)<3

OMG - anything with a house is so trying, and selling is at the top of the list! Sounds like you're making the best of it and making great choices for the most part. I'm beginning to see that the curve balls are the truest of life there is and even if I have to stop, drop and roll to survive, I do well for the long haul and that's what counts. Keep it up and good luck on the house sale!! =>
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,792 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Digger1961
    Aug Week 1
    Sat
    PW 223
    CW 223
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,792 Member
    Options